Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

Matt wrote:
    Just watching the BBC 6 O'Clock News where Lizo's report is just about to be shown.

Yeah, hopefully some new info...
    Sorry, got a bit distracted getting the story together.

Interview I did was with Paul Epworth. Spoke to him over at Abbey Road. And he was lovely!

There will be a version on the BBC News website soon.

Lizo.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Lizo wrote:

Interview I did was with Paul Epworth. Spoke to him over at Abbey Road. And he was lovely!

Lizo.

That sounds great!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    Lizo wrote:

Lizo.

Hi, Lizo.

Do you have any infomation on the Gun Barrel for Skyfall. Wheither it will be at the begining of the film?
    I actually like all of the theme songs except TND, TWINE and DAD.
    Because I very much like the rest, I can't make a Top 5 or 10 or whatever.

But it's quite obvious Skyfall sounds more like a classic!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I like the video with the piano solo, but that's not the official version. This guy is obviously talented but all he did was to grab the melody of the preview, add a bigger dose of the Bond theme and that was it. What we hear in the preview has the Bond theme in the background, but otherwise the melody is no more similar to the Bond theme than YKMN (in fact I can find a few notes that truly remind me of it, more than any other theme).
    Longer version of chat with Paul Epworth is at http://bbc.in/SY5tFT

Lizo.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Thanks @Lizo.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 300
    Thanks @Lizo!
  • Thanks @Lizo, great interview!
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Very interesting conversation. Thanks @Lizo!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Good show Lizo. Thanks!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Hey Lizo, remember when you interviewd Craig? this was around the time of that embargo and after a great interview you ended it with a question that made me cringe, you proposed that even though SF is the 50th anniversary, do you think this is a good time to bow out in which he replied he'll go on until they (the producers tell him to stop). watching it many times, I felt it kind of killed the moment IMO.
    Sandy wrote:
    I like the video with the piano solo, but that's not the official version. This guy is obviously talented but all he did was to grab the melody of the preview, add a bigger dose of the Bond theme and that was it. What we hear in the preview has the Bond theme in the background, but otherwise the melody is no more similar to the Bond theme than YKMN (in fact I can find a few notes that truly remind me of it, more than any other theme).

Yep. As I said, more than a touch of the Arnolds about what we've heard so far.

Is Lizo a Bond fan? That's really funny.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    So, who holds the record for the highest number of plays? I've been listening to it all day today, in the train, at school, and on the way back. I think I'm now at roughly 150 times...
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 2,782
    Adele's Bond song sounds like a Bond song by Adele.
    The sample has teased us, is it going keep the ballad melody throughout or is it going to go crazy soaring vocals like r.i.t.d? Can't wait to find out.
    MartinBond wrote:
    So, who holds the record for the highest number of plays? I've been listening to it all day today, in the train, at school, and on the way back. I think I'm now at roughly 150 times...

Listening to it that many times? 5 or 6 yes, but 150 times for a preview of a quarter of the song will surely kill it? You'll be sick of it by the time you hear it in the cinema!
  • In UK, BMT, is it released at 7 minues past midnight. It seems a bit strange, as i thought they would announce it the radio in the afternoon. ????? why release it when most people wont be up.

Errrrrrrr .....0.07 is 7 mins past Midnite! Geddit? LoL!
    I still think this is all a massive con and Muse are actually doing the real one!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited October 2012 Posts: 2,044
    LeChiffre wrote:
    I still think this is all a massive con and Muse are actually doing the real one!

You must be joking? ( Pierce Brosnan voice )
    MrBond wrote:
    LeChiffre wrote:

You must be joking? ( Pierce Brosnan voice )

Yes! Just a sly dig at those who kept doubting the Adele rumours days ago when it was obvious she'd got the gig!

Check this out -

That was truely enjoyable! =D> Thanks for posting Gareth
    Lizo wrote:
    Longer version of chat with Paul Epworth is at http://bbc.in/SY5tFT

Lizo.

great interview! Thanks for the link! A day closer to hearing the full thing! <:-P
  • EiragornEiragorn Hessia
    Samuel001 wrote:
    OwenDavian wrote:
    I hope the song ends with a long drawn out SKYFALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! :p

It better! The song gets better as it goes along and cuts off at just the wrong time. For it not to end with a drawn out note would be something of a disappointment.

Now, let's go for number one in the UK - for the first time!

Well, I have to say that it's true that the snippet we hear plays it quite safe. It's dramatic for sure and uses the Bond theme to good effect while on the melodic side it is a little thin. But remember this is the first chorus and I believe this song will rise to the intense. And hearing her vocals so restrained in the snippet really makes me happy because her biggest talent is to dose her voice to the most effect. Not a single note to much unlike those Whitney-Houston-soundalikes like the misses Keys or Knowles.

And while this HMV guy seems to have been very very wrong Mr Friedman has truly heard this song. Most of the leaked vocals are in the snippet.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    TPM007 wrote:
    MartinBond wrote:

Listening to it that many times? 5 or 6 yes, but 150 times for a preview of a quarter of the song will surely kill it? You'll be sick of it by the time you hear it in the cinema!

Thing is, I've edited it in a way that it sort-of loops when on replay, so it's almost a never-ending song. I can't get enough of the bond-theme blaring through on the background. I'm absolutely loving this song, whilst with YKMN and AWTD I thought they "could be good". Only 3 nights to go!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    MartinBond wrote:
    TPM007 wrote:
    MartinBond wrote:

Thing is, I've edited it in a way that it sort-of loops when on replay, so it's almost a never-ending song. I can't get enough of the bond-theme blaring through on the background. I'm absolutely loving this song, whilst with YKMN and AWTD I thought they "could be good". Only 3 nights to go!

What do you think is the best part of the song? I think the best kicks in at 00:37, and when she sings " When we stand tall, we wille face it all ".. That gives me goosebumps everytime! A

And i am up at 50 listenings, easily.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 58
    MartinBond wrote:
    TPM007 wrote:
    MartinBond wrote:

I've had it on replay; no idea how many plays it's had lol a billion? lol It's relaxing as well. Very soothing. I'm tingling with excitement for the rest. :)

*edit* wow this might be embarrassing lol I just checked my itunes...152 plays O.O It doesn't even feel like I've heard it that many times lol. While doing HW yesterday I left it on replay with very low volume, that's probably why lol
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    w2bond wrote:
    Link seems to have been taken down. Does anyone have a copy of it?

Try this and use an MP3 converter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=25WJnLtXSEY
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 198
    Listened again, to Skyfall and Diamonds Are Forever. Whereas Diamonds sounds tight and great, the instruments are seperated very well, Skyfall sounds messy. I still don't like this kind of mixing and producing.

Maybe the drums are the messy factor, with that echo effect...