Which Bonds have the fewest Plot Holes?

2»

Comments

timmer wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Lest we forget, life has plot holes. Film , as with life I guess, is about balance. Sometimes you just have to go with what works dramatically or artistically at the expense of water-tight logic.
    Yes of course, and Re CR, since when do criminals and thugs react rationally and clinically. Jails are full of bad asses who are caught and caged because of their brash behaviour.
    Obanno leaned into Le Chiffre because he was pissed that this fancy ass Frenchman had gambled away all his hard earned illegal spoils.
    He wanted to kill him real bad. It took big self-control not to kill him but grudgingly let him live.
    The message to Le Chiffre was clear. You are only still alive due to a technicality. In thug world, one must always be flexing one's muscle.

The reason why Bond does not simply kidnap and kill Le Chiffre is not remotely a plot hole. It's taken right from the original Fleming story. The idea is to truly bankrupt Le Chiffre, who has an exploitable gambling vice, so that he is rendered useless and exposed to his employers, who will then thuggishly kill him, leaving him nowhere to turn but to the good guys, who can then exploit him for their own purposes.

Le Chiffre was not French in the movie, otherwise that's spot on. Having a warlord act irrationally and out of anger is not a plot hole. Neither is cornering Le Chiffre.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited December 2015 Posts: 6,791
    timmer wrote: »
    I think all 24 films are tied for virtually no plot holes.
    SF is probably the toughest to explain in parts, but even it is fathomable.

Bond films have flaws. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but that doesn't make it less true.

One of the reasons why I find SF so overrated is because of how pretentious it comes across while it has a near ridiculous plot.

YOLT for instance had a ludicrous plot as well but at least it didn't act like it was Citizen Kane.

• JNOJNO Finland
    I´ve never cared for plot holes or flaws that much. Every film tend to have those.

Of course tight plotting is always a bit better way to build up a film than to let it grow in every possible direction.

The overall feeling of the movie is a much more important factor for me.

Let there be flaws :D