"Is Superman giving you any trouble?"

2»

Comments

Well i thought the aftermath of the torture scene in SP, was a bit unrealistic.

I mean, you've just had 2 holes drilled thru' the side of your head.........you would be highly unlikely to be able to just jump up, have a fight with people, then fly off in a helicopter.

Most likely, at the minimum you would be suffering form considerable neuropathic nerve pain.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

SaintMark wrote: »
    (should have been dead within minutes due to the ammunition that was used), get shot again and falls of a high bridge bridge into a river. The shots don't kill him, the fall don't kill him and he does not drown, SF must be the official Terminator 5 movie.

I think I covered the depleted uranium issue in some detail in another thread - please keep up old chap.

I'll grant you though the combination of being shot twice, the fall and not drowning, while possible, is stretching credibility a bit far.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    mepal1 wrote: »

I mean, you've just had 2 holes drilled thru' the side of your head.........you would be highly unlikely to be able to just jump up, have a fight with people, then fly off in a helicopter.

Can U say adrenaline?
    I knew that U could... :))
    chrisisall wrote: »

Can U say adrenaline?

OK smart ass, i'll try. :))
    edited November 2015 Posts: 17,687

Can U say adrenaline?

I admired Bond's resolve, determination and drive after the torture in SP! But hey- a 1mm drill in the jaw & skull is way easier to immediately bounce back from than what he endured in the bottomless chair, eh? @-)

Can U say adrenaline?

I admired Bond's resolve, determination and drive after the torture in SP! But hey- a 1mm drill in the jaw & skull is way easier to immediately bounce back from than what he endured in the bottomless chair, eh? @-)

True........but at least in CR it had Bond, seen in medical treatment and rest, after his ordeal.
    Mind you, its the movies.........we don't have time, or inclination, to watch someone recover from their ordeals.

bondjames wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »

I don't doubt their medical credentials and they are indeed correct when they say if you are hit cleanly with a DU round it will rip you in half.

However perhaps in future when papers have a column to fill they might be better consulting experts in Bond, or at least someone who has seen the goddam film for if you actually watch it is a ricochet that hits Bond. This point is further hammered home to experts/morons by human exposition generator Rory Kinnear when later he states Bond was lucky it was a ricochet.

As for cancer the risk would be no more than 60 Morlands specials a day and would be unlikely to show up by now and certainly not within the running time of SF (or SP for that matter).

The fall is the biggest stretch of believability but people have survived similar falls. It's certainly within the suspension of disbelief threshold.
    True........but at least in CR it had Bond, seen in medical treatment and rest, after his ordeal.
    Mind you, its the movies.........we don't have time, or inclination, to watch someone recover from their ordeals.

Okay, true story: The day before my wedding I was working on a lattice for a backdrop to the event, and in a fit of impatience I kicked a partially sawed-through board to break it and due to its position above other boards it flung up & hit me in the face, breaking my nose & knocking me out for a few seconds. My to-be 11 year-old Stepson woke me up, and I went to a bathroom, forceably cracked the bone back in place (it looked like a movie effect it was so skewed), cleaned up the blood from my nose & plugged my nostrils with toilet paper, and went back to work on the lattice (it HAD to be finished that day).
    And no one was even trying to kill me.
    Add some adrenaline & recovery would have been FASTER.
    Get my point?
    :))

Okay, true story: The day before my wedding I was working on a lattice for a backdrop to the event, and in a fit of impatience I kicked a partially sawed-through board to break it and due to its position above other boards it flung up & hit me in the face, breaking my nose & knocking me out for a few seconds. My to-be 11 year-old Stepson woke me up, and I went to a bathroom, forceably cracked the bone back in place (it looked like a movie effect it was so skewed), cleaned up the blood from my nose & plugged my nostrils with toilet paper, and went back to work on the lattice (it HAD to be finished that day).
    And no one was even trying to kill me.
    Add some adrenaline & recovery would have been FASTER.
    Get my point?
    :))

Yes.........of course i get your point.....................and after reading your post, i've come to 2 conclusions, one you must be some sort of bionic man, and two your attempts at DIY, would not be amiss in a Laurel & Hardy film! :))
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I had a similar experience with a kidney stone. It hurt like hell but I felt like I could run a Marathon thanks to the adrenaline boost.
    your attempts at DIY, would not be amiss in a Laurel & Hardy film! :))

:)) You're not wrong!
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    How about Bond hitting the engine of a helicopter from 200 yards+ away with a pistol while on a moving boat?
    Sark wrote: »
    How about Bond hitting the engine of a helicopter from 200 yards+ away with a pistol while on a moving boat?

I would call it a mission impossible, but cannot because that is another fella.

Bond is double plus expert marksman in SP.
    He also picks off several Spectre soldiers from long range, during flight from cratar.
    Sark wrote: »
    timmer wrote: »
    Bond is double plus expert marksman in SP.
    He also picks off several Spectre soldiers from long range, during flight from cratar.

Was it me or were these two of the laziest/budget constrained scenes in the series?

Q: How do we get Bond out of the crater?
    A: He shoots a few guys and then shoots one cannister of gas and thats enough to level the entire place in less than a minute.

Who passed Blofeld's fire safety certificate? 'Yeah Mr Blofeld. Building your walls out of pure TNT doesnt seem like a fire risk.' I think Ernst needs a visit from Welephant frankly.

Q: Now we've cobbled together an awful storyline of Blofeld being Bond's 'foster' brother how the hell do we end it bearing in mind Sam wants to film in London and we have no money left and we have to shoehorn a resolution to the whole Nine Eyes thing which we wish we'd never bothered with in the first place.

A: Lets have Blofeld escape in a chopper but rather than having him get away lets paint ourselves into another convoluted prison break corner for B25 by having Bond improbably shoot him down with a tiny pistol just so we can have a fairly unsatisfactory personal showdown with the brothers.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Was it me or were these two of the laziest/budget constrained scenes in the series?
    No, it's not you. I thought the same thing. Lazy ....as .....you know the rest.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Bond is no Superman but a bloody Terminator in SF, gets shot and still moves on (should have been dead within minutes due to the ammunition that was used), get shot again and falls of a high bridge bridge into a river. The shots don't kill him, the fall don't kill him and he does not drown, SF must be the official Terminator 5 movie.

Not, that was the Brosnan Bond era as a whole in my view.

Agreed post GE. The free running CR scene is the best chase in the entire series.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Bond is no Superman but a bloody Terminator in SF, gets shot and still moves on (should have been dead within minutes due to the ammunition that was used), get shot again and falls of a high bridge bridge into a river. The shots don't kill him, the fall don't kill him and he does not drown, SF must be the official Terminator 5 movie.

Not, that was the Brosnan Bond era as a whole in my view.

Agreed post GE. The free running CR scene is the best chase in the entire series.
    I think so. Top 5 at least.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    I think the reason for the confrontation between Blofeld and Bond is considered necessary because walking off into the sunset probably wouldn't sit so well if Blofeld was still at large. That escape from Morocco seemed absurdly easy to me. And having absolutely no ill effects from the torture has already been covered I think.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So the ending was a bit weak. What else is new?

Even Fleming suffered from those.