The SPECTRE vs Skyfall battle! (simple question)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Although there are so many cover versions of LALD, Guns n Roses for instance.
  • Zekidk wrote: »
    I'd say Jaws. At least from my experience.

I agree. Kinda like how Live and Let Die is easily the most recongizable Bond song.
    Interesting assumption. I thought 'Goldfinger' or 'Diamonds are Forever' is. Guess it depends on the crowd!

I'm going by which songs I hear on the radio more often. Live and Let Die, and View to a Kill, to a lesser extent.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I never hear Bond songs other than LALD, Nobody Does it Better and AVTAK on the radio, actually. Only heard SF once or twice when it was really current, and WOTW maybe the same amount. I hear GF once in a blue moon, but that's about it.

It'd be interesting to see what Bond song is the most popular that people actually know is a Bond song. Even with LALD people are surprised when I tell them it was originally written for a Bond film.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I never hear Bond songs other than LALD, Nobody Does it Better and AVTAK on the radio, actually. Only heard SF once or twice when it was really current, and WOTW maybe the same amount. I hear GF once in a blue moon, but that's about it.

It'd be interesting to see what Bond song is the most popular that people actually know is a Bond song. Even with LALD people are surprised when I tell them it was originally written for a Bond film.
    Actually, I never once heard WotW on the radio. LALD, AVTAK, and SF are the ones I hear from time to time.
    In my local shopping centre LALD and NDIB seem to be constantly on. :)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    These are probably my two favourites. Followed by YKMN (which really should get more love imho).
    YKMN is my Favourite, along with LALD.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I've never had the pleasure of hearing YKMN on the radio. I know this because I'd never get the feeling out of my mind.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    jake24 wrote: »

Actually, I never once heard WotW on the radio. LALD, AVTAK, and SF are the ones I hear from time to time.

Can't remember where you're from (my guess the US if you never heard WOTW on radio).
    In Switzerland WOTW is still in the charts and therefore played regularly on radio.
    In fact it might be the song I heard most because at work the radio is playing.

Ok, I've heard AVTAK more, a lot more, in fact, AVTAK might just be the one song I heard most in my life.
    It introduced me to the world of music in 1985, I'm still the biggest fan of Duran Duran. Yes they are still around and better than ever!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm still the biggest fan of Duran Duran. Yes they are still around and better than ever!
    I love Duran Duran. Great band. Some of their later stuff from the 90's onwards is also excellent. Always edgy.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    jake24 wrote: »

Can't remember where you're from (my guess the US if you never heard WOTW on radio).
    In Switzerland WOTW is still in the charts and therefore played regularly on radio.
    In fact it might be the song I heard most because at work the radio is playing.

Ok, I've heard AVTAK more, a lot more, in fact, AVTAK might just be the one song I heard most in my life.
    It introduced me to the world of music in 1985, I'm still the biggest fan of Duran Duran. Yes they are still around and better than ever!
    I'm in Toronto, Canada.

P.S I'm also a fan of Duran Duran.
    Zekidk wrote: »

I agree. Kinda like how Live and Let Die is easily the most recongizable Bond song.
    Interesting assumption. I thought 'Goldfinger' or 'Diamonds are Forever' is. Guess it depends on the crowd!

I'm going by which songs I hear on the radio more often. Live and Let Die, and View to a Kill, to a lesser extent.

Back when FYEO came out, Easton's title track was on the radio constantly. Very popular. Now, you never hear it over the airwaves.
    Zekidk wrote: »

I'm going by which songs I hear on the radio more often.
    So do I!
  • I have to laugh when I see people say they can objectively say one film is better than another, when it is in fact based entirely on opinion. I think some people need to get their dictionaries out.

I've got a dictionary with me at all times, and come to think of it, I saw a picture of you next to the entry "pustule." Fancy that.

And you're not telling us anything new by pointing out the fallacy of objectivity. It's understood.

nice day to you too; prat.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I've never heard WOTW played on the radio here in Canada.
    I've never heard WOTW played on the radio here in Canada.
    I haven't either. When Skyfall was released, there wasn't a moment when the theme wasn't playing on the radio.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I never heard WOTW played on the radio in Canada either.

So you're Canadian? I'm confused.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

So you're Canadian? I'm confused.
    No, he's not. That's why he never heard WOTW IN Canada.
    ;)
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.

Me neither!

In the U.K WoTW was played three or four times on Radio 1 per day throughout Oct-Nov, and a bit less on Radio 2.
    That s right. What s your point?

Tomorrow Never Dies is always on in mine.
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    LALD is still being played everywhere, but it's remembered as more of a pop song than a Bond song, whereas GF is definitely remembered as a Bond song. That's probably down to Paul McCartney being more popular than Shirley Bassey, while GF is by far the more remembered and acclaimed film.
    In Switzerland GoldenEye is by far the most played Bond song, followed by Skyfall and FYEO
  • I'm here in America, and have never heard anything but Live and Let Die and View to a Kill on the radio.
    I'm here in America, and have never heard anything but Live and Let Die and View to a Kill on the radio.

Not even a news broadcast?
  • I heard AVTAK in my shopping centre and was pleasantly surprised to hear an alternate version of the LTK credits song 'If You Asked Me To' as well. Delicious.
    I prefer SP to the other Three Craig Bonds combined, IMO the best Bond films since DAD. So...SP wins for me.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I think I'm the only one to love both SF and SP, placing them around mid-ranking.
    royale65 wrote: »
    I think I'm the only one to love both SF and SP, placing them around mid-ranking.
    You're not the only one. I have both in my top five.