Why was spectre marketed so differently to the final product?

12346»

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Milovy wrote: »
    Instead of delivering true punishment to Blofeld, the government would be siding with the maniac as a reluctant yet prized partner and resource of information for them. As Blofeld says in the movie, knowledge is all, and he's knowledge incarnate. It'd be Bond and Mallory's greatest nightmare, where the two traditionalists realize that their modern world no longer hold the beliefs and principles they do, other honor and justice and truth. And maybe it never has.
    Eek, that doesn't sound like very much fun. Haven't recent Bond films "deconstructed" Bond/MI6/England etc enough? Couldn't they drop the navel gazing and just get on with it?

next time around I don't think depth and storytelling will be this stressed.

I hope you're right.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Instead of delivering true punishment to Blofeld, the government would be siding with the maniac as a reluctant yet prized partner and resource of information for them. As Blofeld says in the movie, knowledge is all, and he's knowledge incarnate. It'd be Bond and Mallory's greatest nightmare, where the two traditionalists realize that their modern world no longer hold the beliefs and principles they do, other honor and justice and truth. And maybe it never has.
    Eek, that doesn't sound like very much fun. Haven't recent Bond films "deconstructed" Bond/MI6/England etc enough? Couldn't they drop the navel gazing and just get on with it?

next time around I don't think depth and storytelling will be this stressed.

I hope you're right.

I hope I'm (partially) not. That's too big a regression for me.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 676

It just seems like a natural story to tell. If ever there was a time, it's with Craig, because next time around I don't think depth and storytelling will be this stressed.
    But they've already told that story in Skyfall and Spectre. Why repeat it? No need to explore the same themes over and over. I have no problem with "depth and storytelling." I just want something new.