Moore's Most Ruthless Moments

Comments

How about in The Man with the Golden Gun when Bond fights the three thugs in Saida's dressing room, and he takes one of the thugs and beats his head against the wall 3 times! Man, I always thought that to be one of the most ruthless moments displayed by Moore.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    How about in The Man with the Golden Gun when Bond fights the three thugs in Saida's dressing room, and he takes one of the thugs and beats his head against the wall 3 times! Man, I always thought that to be one of the most ruthless moments displayed by Moore.
    Oh, yeah, that is excellent. Just keeps smashing and smashing. I love how Moore gets the bullet back from Saida, too, haha. Very classy and smooth.

@Creasy47: Yes, that's always really funny to watch! It's hilarious when he makes that gulping noise and does that face when the bullet goes down his throat! :-j
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 3,494
    Slapping around Maud Adams in TMWTGG. Sir Roger! We didn't know you had it in you.
    That worked for me, but I'd vote for kicking Locque off of the cliff. Moore never looked scared of Scaramanga, that's for sure. It was a case of get him before he gets me. Self preservation makes people do things they might not normally do. Roger did it well whether he liked it or not, and I felt he finally showed the balls of his predecessors and the balls the character is supposed to have .

Too much to get through this night and it's getting late

making it quick, best Moore nasty moments

shooting that guy out of The Spy Who Loved Me (Kurt Jurgens) about six times with his Walther, I thought once may have been enough

dropping Jaws into a shark pool same movie

The Nic Nak incident on the boat at the end with Britt Ekland in The Man with the Golden Gun (why has Scaramanga got a freakin' phone on his boat that connects to M and M16)

the Voodoo plant fields with Rosie Carver in Live and Let Die

threatening to shoot that guys nuts off with a rifle in The Man with the Golden Gun

worst crime of all,

The Crocodile/ Gorilla disguise in Octopussy, that was just criminal

I loved watching Bond chase Nick Nack around the boat, as he hit Bond with miscellaneous objects and then scampered away. Bond's suitcase idea was pretty smart.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited August 2011 Posts: 2,629
    1. Smacking up Andrea
    2. Kicking Locque off the cliff
    3. Popping Solitaire's cherry
    4. Tossing Elephant Boy off the boat
    5. Shoving Drax into the Final Frontier
  • Roger Moore played his Bond at times with too much tongue-in-cheek, however little glimpses of ruthlessness are present to remind us that he has a licence to kill and has a darker side. As mentioned by others, SANDOR - (TSWLM) on a roof top with the tie and LOCQUE - (FYEO) kicking the car off the cliff are for me the two most memorable.
    Maybe this was more out of necessity, but I thought it was pretty ruthless when Bond shot the Russian soldier in the head when he appeared in the doorway of the train car in OP. Anyone else think this?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Maybe this was more out of necessity, but I thought it was pretty ruthless when Bond shot the Russian soldier in the head when he appeared in the doorway of the train car in OP. Anyone else think this?
    Yes and I love it. That comes after such a great scene as well. Maybe Bond was angry? Compare that to GoldenEye were head shots and blood "weren't allowed" yet the film would have only benefited from it. Pathetic.
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 1,092
    Kicking Locque's car over of course springs to mind.
    Just thought of a new one- in LALD when he threatened Rosie AFTER having sex with her. lol badass- and totally a Bond thing to do! He was totally going to shoot her in the face too if she hadn't run away!
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Remove the comedy from this next suggestion:

Throwing a wheelchair bound man down a chimney stack after picking him up with a helicopter.

At least land the chopper and have a chat, what's the worst the guy could have done.

No sorry, it is hilarious, but how very non PC!! Ruthless Moore...love him! :-)
    A great moment after a brilliant scene between Bond and Orlov.I think neccessity comes into it as he had to try to stop the train at any cost,hence the second head shot as he is under the train and the Russian soldier is coming down the wooden stairs on the side of the train tunnel.

Brilliant stuff though.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    I'd forgotten that, brutal and skilfully waved under the censors nose. Great climax to said dialogue.
    looks like I'm on my own here but never mind, won't be long

i had considered some scenes from Octopussy but didn't include them, the train scenes with the russians, even the tank scene with Khan's savages but that was more surreal than nefarious, have to include the shed bit when Moore throws the knife in to one of the circus brothers, I thought he was at his most ruthless in this and For Your Eyes Only

1. slapping Maud Adams in TMWTGG
    2. Killing Stromberg in TSWLM
    3. Killing Locque FYEO
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 7,653
    The darkest moment in the RM 007 series is for me in MR when he gets invited to a pheasantshoot he then kills the assassin who was aiming at him. Followed by the scene in which Corinne Dufour gets fired by Drax. Very beautifully filmed but als very coldblooded.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 546
    1.Taking out Locque
    2.Taking out Karl Strongberg
    3.Slapping Maud Adams in The Man With The Golden Gun
    I absolutely love the moment in Live and Let Die when Roger puts the Walther PPK up at Rosie's head and says, with complete suave coolness, "Make your choice." A stand-up, applause-worthy moment of ruthlessness from RogMan!
    00Beast wrote:
    I absolutely love the moment in Live and Let Die when Roger puts the Walther PPK up at Rosie's head and says, with complete suave coolness, "Make your choice." A stand-up, applause-worthy moment of ruthlessness from RogMan!

Absolutely. I still think one of Moore's most ruthless moments is when he takes out Locque. Wonderful scene.
    I love the scene where he tells Andrea Anders (Maud Adams) to deliver the golden bullets to Scaramanga in order to make sure that he shows up at the Bottoms Up club. She responds, "Why should you trust me?" Moore replies, "I don't. But neither will Mr. Scaramange if he hears about this little interesting conversation of ours. Who knows? He might even use one of those golden bullets on YOU. And THAT would be a pity because they are VERY expensive". I thought that Roger's Bond was being a sadistical smartass with that comment, that he delivered with a slight smile. Maud gulped hard when he said it and said, "I'll take them to him".
    I have always loved that scene in TMWTGG, don't why people claim it doesn't work, of course the kicking Locque off the cliff scene is great, also love the way camera zooms into Bond as he fires at Locques car with that classic Roger Moore stance, also don't mind the "he had no head for heights line" it's said in such a low key way that it doesn't ruin the moment.
    I have always loved that scene in TMWTGG, don't why people claim it doesn't work, of course the kicking Locque off the cliff scene is great, also love the way camera zooms into Bond as he fires at Locques car with that classic Roger Moore stance, also don't mind the "he had no head for heights line" it's said in such a low key way that it doesn't ruin the moment.

I really enjoy that zoom in shot, too. As you said, it's great, and very classic Moore.
  • "He had no head for heights," works, I think, because it doesn't come across as a flippant, light-hearted quip; more like grim, 'gallows' humour. There's nothing light about that entire scene.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I have always loved that scene in TMWTGG, don't why people claim it doesn't work
    I think maybe because it's so different than how we see Moore's Bond treat women in the rest of his movies that they feel it's out of character? Or maybe they just didn't think he pulled it off? I'm not sure either because I also think that it works just fine.
    You may be right, perhaps it feels a bit too much like Connery for some people.

I'm also quite fond of the scene in TSWLM at Fequish's place, where the woman is supposed to entertain Bond but he is having none of hit and she ends up getting shot by Sandor.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Moore certainly wasn't a fag but still isn't the best 007 fighter, anyway I truly like him much :

N°6- With Rosie Carver in fields (LALD)
    N°5- Slapping Miss Anders. (TMWTGG)
    N°3- "Where is Fekish ? Where is Fekish ??" and let fall Sandor to death. (TSWLM)
    N°2- Throwing the japanese out of the window ! (Moonraker)
    N°1- "He had no head for heights..." car kick (FYEO)
    N°4- Killing the second twin (Grishka) by knife "That's for 009 !" and going through his mission (Octopussy)

:)
    No idea how I forgot about Grishka's knife death. I love Moore's revenge there.
    Andrea Anders in hotel room and the death of Loque and Stromberg!