SPECTRE - Collectibles, books, toys and other random junk

Comments

I received my "50 Years Bond Movie Posters" book! The 2015 edition :-):
    50-Years-of-Bond-Posters-3D-xlarge.jpg

And although most of these images are certainly not fan posters, they do give an insight in the process of how to create a final official poster campaign. So here are some of the nicest concepts:

DTPIee.jpg
    LJJMGY.jpg
    6lMZQi.jpg
    Ac6LfC.jpg
    F90Au8.jpg
    dujo5Z.jpg
    qQnDvp.jpg
    s14Pxn.jpg
    55uJZv.jpg
    Oj2BPs.jpg
    L15pK6.jpg
    WAC4u2.jpg
    3M27cy.jpg
    q75FPW.jpg
    TCy66n.jpg
    0aHOaC.jpg
    pEgql3.jpg
    aAEUqH.jpg
    W7VccH.jpg
    n2pl7R.jpg
    i3FVW5.jpg
    7dxKW5.jpg
    LTCTV5.jpg
    s5C5Wy.jpg
    SqzU3p.jpg
    ece8mn.jpg
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    edited October 2015 Posts: 364
    @Gustav_Graves Funnily enough I was on my way to meet with someone earlier today and stopped at a bookstore. Out of curiosity I briskly went to the film section and noticed they had copies of the new Bond Posters book.

I already own the 2012 hardcover edition, so for a few SF posters (a marketing campaign I was never a huge fan of) and 1 SP teaser, I personally wouldn't pick it up, but for anyone that doesn't have the 2012 edition (which is now shockingly expensive through sellers on amazon), the 2015 updated version is a great book. A solid 20$-25$ less expensive than even the original price of the 2012 edition. Anyone that is in to posters really should check it out.
    =bg= wrote: »
    Corgi officially announces DB10- thanks to Rick Wilson at Collector's Club of Great Britain.

http://hornby.hornbynews.com/2TFV-2UYZ-CFKIS7GC5/cr.aspx
    For the preorder you have wait when Corgi get it on stock or when put it the product Aston Martin DB10 on web for us to pre-order. I desperate to want one. Will be end of this month October or November?
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    eddychaput wrote: »
    I just want to thank the people who took a few minutes to watch that unboxing video. My channel doesn't get a lot of hits (I started it on a whim. I don't honestly have much intention of whoring myself out to just get plenty of views) but that Bond by Design video is one of the more popular ones. Thanks!

Hi @eddychaput , after i saw your video i went to amazon.co.uk to buy it (!!) but then there was this message " it's not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are dispatching it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)". Do you imagine why? What does this mean? I dont want to buy in the marketplace but in an online store. Apart from Amazon where can i find this? thanks in advance and cheers
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Agent7F wrote: »
    =bg= wrote: »
    Corgi officially announces DB10- thanks to Rick Wilson at Collector's Club of Great Britain.

http://hornby.hornbynews.com/2TFV-2UYZ-CFKIS7GC5/cr.aspx
    For the preorder you have wait when Corgi get it on stock or when put it the product Aston Martin DB10 on web for us to pre-order. I desperate to want one. Will be end of this month October or November?

I interpret that blurb to mean, we won't see the DB10 'til sometime in January. Or, in the case of Corgi, Mrch or April when the DVD comes out. Corgi doesn't know up from down or left from right. Idiots.

Hi @eddychaput , after i saw your video i went to amazon.co.uk to buy it (!!) but then there was this message " it's not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are dispatching it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)". Do you imagine why? What does this mean? I dont want to buy in the marketplace but in an online store. Apart from Amazon where can i find this? thanks in advance and cheers

Hmm, I'm not sure what to say. I live in Canada and there is no such notice at amazon.ca. What's more, my book arrived in mint condition on the street release date. The amazon.co.uk message suggests there may be something wrong with the inventory or the way it's being dispatched. Maybe there have been inconsistencies in the delivery process and amazon received complaints.

Keep the following in mind: I've read about amazon.co.uk pulling the updated James Bond Archives from their story temporarily, only to offer it for sale again a week or two later. I'd say keep coming back to amazon over the next week or so. Bond by Design might be available again.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    1z4y6ty.jpg

Take cardboard promotion and plastic bag from Heineken Beer from the supermarket.
    The two cans i collect because somebody left it / don't clean his mess.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @M_Balje Haha, sure you found the cans empty! ;) Anyway, nice score there. I was going to buy one of the Russian Heineken cans on ebay, but my funds ended up going to that sweet Spectre ring.
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    Not sure if this is the right thread...

Free behind the scenes DVD available today via Mail on Sunday. Pick up in Tesco I believe.

There's also an offer for a "free" poster which costs £2.99 postage. But they don't say how big it is...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/prmts/article-3247278/FREE-Scenes-James-Bond-Spectre-DVD-weekend-s-Mail-Sunday.html

royale65 wrote: »
    @Murdock if only you were in charge of merchandising...

@MI6LisbonBranch - if you are on about the book by Sir Rog, "Bond on Bond", then yes, I highly recommend it.
    I am. Thanks for the recommendation. Will buy this new Paperback version.

Hmm, I'm not sure what to say. I live in Canada and there is no such notice at amazon.ca. What's more, my book arrived in mint condition on the street release date. The amazon.co.uk message suggests there may be something wrong with the inventory or the way it's being dispatched. Maybe there have been inconsistencies in the delivery process and amazon received complaints.

Keep the following in mind: I've read about amazon.co.uk pulling the updated James Bond Archives from their story temporarily, only to offer it for sale again a week or two later. I'd say keep coming back to amazon over the next week or so. Bond by Design might be available again.

Will do so. That's more or less what i thought was hapenning regarding amazon.co.uk. Thanks!
  • The thing I really want to shell out for is the SPECTRE MASK from the pre title sequence. Surely they're not going to miss that trick in time for Halloween? Anyone know if and where I can find one?

NEBwyRs5ECHmFD_1_b.jpg
    RIP Wallet :((
    dragonsky wrote: »

I have the same thing. For me......it's now OVER! Already bought way way too much stuff.
  • Mark_HazzardMark_Hazzard Classified
    edited October 2015 Posts: 127
    For the promotion of SPECTRE in Taiwan, Heineken was supposed to launch these special packings for 12-packs. Due to a mistake in the production, an English label was put on the back of the bottles instead of a Chinese/Mandarin, they had to be shipped back. Luckily I got hold of these gems.

2n5zkl.jpg

This just arrived:
    K0ZMMtX.jpg
    One week!
    antovolk wrote: »
    This just arrived:
    K0ZMMtX.jpg
    One week!

Beautiful. I'd love to have one of those.
    @Mark_Hazzard NIce!
    This just arrived:
    K0ZMMtX.jpg
    One week!
    Where did you get this from ?
    So is that Mail on Sunday disc any good?

Following that earlier link by @Chevron, has anyone succumbed to these?

Picture%2012_1.png

WWW.MEDIAPROMOS.CO.UK
    andmcit wrote: »
    So is that Mail on Sunday disc any good?

It was rubbish, just the online features in very poor quality.
    @Mark_Hazzard NIce!
    This just arrived:
    K0ZMMtX.jpg
    One week!
    Where did you get this from ?

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spectre-James-Bond-007-Stainless-Steel-Ring-Prop-accurate-laser-engraved-/401005492370
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 1,068
    Thanks for the update @Chevron - I don't feel so put out now by missing it earlier!

They omit the most crucial info about the poster and the art cards too - what size they are. It's fundamental and amateur really. Probably quite deliberate too.
    I
    andmcit wrote: »
    Thanks for the update @Chevron - I don't feel so put out now by missing it earlier!

They omit the most crucial info about the poster and the art cards too - what size they are. It's fundamental and amateur really. Probably quite deliberate too.

I had a look in the newspaper for the poster offer. It said the poster was A2 sized.
    edited October 2015 Posts: 13,928
    The thing I really want to shell out for is the SPECTRE MASK from the pre title sequence. Surely they're not going to miss that trick in time for Halloween? Anyone know if and where I can find one?
    I read on another forum that it's a custom piece fitted to Craig, but it's based off an existing mask that looks very similar. If you find one, be sure to post some pics.
    Haha.. with your purchase you get a free Spectre wallet :))
    For the promotion of SPECTRE in Taiwan, Heineken was supposed to launch these special packings for 12-packs. Due to a mistake in the production, an English label was put on the back of the bottles instead of a Chinese/Mandarin, they had to be shipped back. Luckily I got hold of these gems.
    Good catch! It's interesting when they make slip-ups like this, that merch will now become rarer than it's counterparts.
    This just arrived:... One week!
    Hey, that's just a screenshot from the trailer! ;) Neat ring and photo, can't wait for mine to arrive!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited October 2015 Posts: 9,020
    I received this today and I'm positively shocked how big it is, one hell of a book !!
    It is beautiful :x and 320 pages!

full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg

@BondJasonBond006 Awesome book there. I always wanted a book with the Ken Adam concepts, but this seems to cover much of that and more. It looks as big and heavy as the 50 years of posters book, which I received a year back.

Anyway, the Spectre ring arrived yesterday, and I must say, it looks beautiful. The laser engraved logo is sharp and neat as you'd expect. My camera wouldn't do it justice, but the pics above and back a page sum it up nicely.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    RE: Corgi DB10: "The item is due in January. For Trade Customers we are able to take pre-orders. If you are a member of the public, this will be available to pre order on the website soon, with no exact date set."
  • Blood sweat and Bond : Behind the scenes of SPECTRE

Has anyone received their copy of this book yet ? I have it on order but won't ship until early November. First review on amazon.co.uk isn't very positive.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    I bought Veronica Magazine (24 - 30 Oktober 2015) with a to short special but intresting enough for that money, the other 2 not be intresting enough this time. Varamagazine (43 - 2015: 24 - 30 Oktober 2015) only have 3 pages about Astin Martin DB5 and only short about Spectre.

331puoo.jpg
    http://oi67.tinypic.com/331puoo.jpg
    Thursday Spectre Day - Everthing around Bond.

dd3rk.jpg
    http://oi68.tinypic.com/dd3rk.jpg
    Cast of Spectre about 007 - World Map of Bond - Behind the Scene's - Who going to be new James and Why ?

From Thuesday version of free paper Metro i collect extra Spectre promotion around the paper with small version of poster 1 and poster 3.

anir61.jpg
    http://oi63.tinypic.com/anir61.jpg