Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I don't know what the f*ck this is, but it looks crazy, is made by Hideo Kojima and has Norman Reedus in it, so that makes it awesome to me.

Yes, Death Stranding.

Here's a funny conversation I had with my wife this morning. (only Metal Gear fans could appreciate it)
    I showed this to my wife and briefly explained how Hideo Kojima was fired/quit from Konami and started his very own development studio so he could be in complete control. Sort of like Big Boss!

Well she didn't follow MGS but had seen me play sometimes. Not a fan. So she sarcastically said 'cool so now can he make the characters wet themselves and have diarrhea all he wants?'
    Mind you, she had seen me play Metal Gear Solid 4 most of all, so her question had some validity.
    I was like '....Maybe? /:) Look Norman Reedus is in it!'

She rolls her eyes and says 'So he'll have diarrhea then.' :-bd

I reply: 'With any luck.'
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'm glad Reedus is staying on with Kojima. Konami will see this and regret every decision they made that led to the split while Kojima and Sony are raking in the money and the fans.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 12,837
    The new story modes for FIFA and Titanfall (which is probably the most underrated game I've ever played, if you don't have an xbox and couldn't play the first then I definitely recommend checking out the sequel when it's out, it's on playstation this time) look fantastic. Applying an actual campaign to FIFA is a stroke of genius imo. And the story for Titanfall looks refreshingly personal and small scale (because the whole war just seems like a backdrop for the story of this soldier and his titan, rather than the main plot). Very excited.

So I'll be getting those, and I'm also looking forward to The Walking Dead season three and Dishonoured 2. They're two of my favourite games of all time so I'm looking forward to the new installments.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yes, Death Stranding.

Here's a funny conversation I had with my wife this morning. (only Metal Gear fans could appreciate it)
    I showed this to my wife and briefly explained how Hideo Kojima was fired/quit from Konami and started his very own development studio so he could be in complete control. Sort of like Big Boss!

Well she didn't follow MGS but had seen me play sometimes. Not a fan. So she sarcastically said 'cool so now can he make the characters wet themselves and have diarrhea all he wants?'
    Mind you, she had seen me play Metal Gear Solid 4 most of all, so her question had some validity.
    I was like '....Maybe? /:) Look Norman Reedus is in it!'

She rolls her eyes and says 'So he'll have diarrhea then.' :-bd

I reply: 'With any luck.'

At least you have a wife that knows at least something about MGS; you're a lucky guy. My SO hates video games except for GTA.
    I'm glad Reedus is staying on with Kojima. Konami will see this and regret every decision they made that led to the split while Kojima and Sony are raking in the money and the fans.

Did you see the incomplete extra material for MGS V? Damn Konami for cooking up so badly. I'm still salty about the whole affair.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    At least you have a wife that knows at least something about MGS; you're a lucky guy. My SO hates video games except for GTA.
    lol I know- it's just funny that that's what she knows about MGS!
    smilierolllaugh.gif

Did you see the incomplete extra material for MGS V? Damn Konami for cooking up so badly. I'm still salty about the whole affair.

I did. Every time I go through MGSV, when I get to the end, I watch it.

How many times have you completed MGS V??? Lol

I've only completed it once and feel hard pressed to do another playthrough
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    This looks fantastic. Reminds me of MGS3 in some ways. Never thought I'd be saying that about Zelda. :P
    How many times have you completed MGS V??? Lol

I've only completed it once and feel hard pressed to do another playthrough

I never start all the way over. I just replay missions, is all, but I've done it a few times.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow! It looks like we're getting a proper next-gen Spider-Man game! It looks phenomenal, and allows you to do things as Spidey you couldn't ever before:

Hopefully this'll be a game to the level of Spider-Man 2, after a long, 12 year wait!
    Ok that looks epic!!!!!

Best trailer of e3 so far but I am waiting for a new trailer for Batman telltale series
    Not crazy about the huge ass white spider emblem but damn the game looks great.
    ZELDA!!!!!
    Yeah, the spider looks a little too large. I'd also rather Josh Keaton return to voice Spidey rather than Yuri Lowenthal, but that's just my personal love of Spectacular Spider-Man showing.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2016 Posts: 28,694
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Ok that looks epic!!!!!

Best trailer of e3 so far but I am waiting for a new trailer for Batman telltale series

@Risico007, if I heard right, Telltale are going to debut a demo of the new Batman game during E3, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for it, as I'm sure you will as well. I'll post it here if I find it first.

I'm interested to see if they've beefed up gameplay to include combat or driving to accommodate Batman's fighting prowess, agility and gadgets. If it's just more of the same QTE button-mashing stuff, I'll be disappointed.
    Not crazy about the huge ass white spider emblem but damn the game looks great.

@doubleoego, yeah, the white element of the suit leaves a bit to be desired (I think it'd look cooler if it was black instead), but these Spidey games always allow you to unlock suits to wear aside from the default one, and I assume that the same thing will happen here, especially as Marvel are so heavily involved, which means you won't have to play in this suit if you don't want to. A guaranteed unlockable suit in the game will no doubt be the Spidey suit from Civil War, as you can already see that Insomniac were influenced by Holland's version due to the eyes of the suit that can scope in and out just as in the film. Fingers crossed we also get the Raimi Spidey suit and the two from Sony's Andrew Garfield Spider-Man films; again, another strong estimation because it's a Playstation published game and Sony exclusive title.

Who'd have thought that the only game I've cared about so far this entire E3 was a Spider-Man game? Hopefully this game is to Spider-Man what the Arkham series has been to Batman.
    I have just heard rumors of a Batman game where you play as Damian Wayne code named Arkham Future.. If WB is serious and the gameplay is good then this may be game of he year
    edited June 2016 Posts: 28,694
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I have just heard rumors of a Batman game where you play as Damian Wayne code named Arkham Future.. If WB is serious and the gameplay is good then this may be game of he year

With how shoddily Arkham Knight ended (I'm still pissed about that) I think it's time to step away from any major continuations of the brand.

I only want to see either prequels that tell new, Joker-less Batman stories, or a future title that picks up where Knight left off and gives us some actual resolution to Batman's journey. Other than that, no thanks.

The big challenge that Batman game would face is making Damian likable or appealing, and I don't envy any developer tasked with that mission.
    Personally I would prefer a video game loosely based on battle for the cowl where players would choose between Dick Grayson Jason Todd Tim Drake and Jim Gordon as batman and then well rule the knight as the new batman adapting your suit and armor to whomever you choose. A little like alpha protocol and what I believe is the power up system in injustice 2
    If they make Damian Wayne likable, they've done 99% of the battle right there. He's the crappiest Batman character created, and that's even compared to the Condiment King.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 12,837
    I'm interested to see if they've beefed up gameplay to include combat or driving to accommodate Batman's fighting prowess, agility and gadgets. If it's just more of the same QTE button-mashing stuff, I'll be disappointed.

I'd say prepare to be disappointed then. Maybe some sort of combat system for heavily scripted fights but that's all I can see them doing. The appeal of Telltale's games isn't the gameplay, it's the stories they tell and how you influence them. They're less games and more interactive TV shows.

I'm not really interested in the Batman game. Unlike The Walking Dead they seem to be using actual Batman characters which seems like it would limit them to me. They can't really do anything drastically different or interesting with the characters or they'll risk fan backlash (even Nolan has his fair share of detractors because his films weren't exactly like the comics), so I can't see the story being that interesting, I don't think it'll be anything we haven't seen before in game or movie form. And the Telltale games are entirely story driven. Having said that I'm not that invested in the franchise, I'm sure for big fans it'll be fun either way. I'll give it a chance anyway, see what people think of it, but I don't have high hopes.

I know this will sound stupid to some but I actually hope they don't include too much fan service. That's what sunk Arkham City for me. Thought it had a terrible story because villains and other characters seemed shoehorned in just for the sake of it. Origins seemed tighter and more coherent but I didn't even finish that because it had the opposite problem: the gameplay wasn't good. Well it was but it was identical to City. Even the map was the same.

The Walking Dead season three is what I'm excited for. I can't wait to see how they carry on from the end of season two.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I watched my ex go through a large majority of 'The Walking Dead,' and yes, it's a very interactive game, but no sort of fighting/shoot-'em-up moments take place, unless it involves button mashing.
    It's a point and click adventure game, there'd be no place for fighting/shooting moments. It's the only genre where I accept the QTEs.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Has anyone seen this?
    Has anyone seen this?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzitP_Vn5SGIHec_zdDn_sgew5ItzFAxH9Q6-4f7eqNYuHEaRo
    Has anyone seen this?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzitP_Vn5SGIHec_zdDn_sgew5ItzFAxH9Q6-4f7eqNYuHEaRo
    I know, right? :D
    Meh
    Joker again plus the supposed death of nightwing shrugs

Eventually I will play it like eventually I will get an Xbox one and the following games

Arkham knight
    Alkadias gun
    Alien isolation
    Injustice 2
    Telltale batman
    Mortal kombat X
    Doom

All of which I am looking forward to play
    Don't overreact. It's probably not set in the same universe as the other Arkham games.
    I am not I just
    Am bored with joker and nightwing is my second favorite batman character if it was Tim or Damian I could care less but killing dick Grayson really