RIP Sir Christopher Lee

Comments

The awesomeness starts at around 12.30. Love Lee's moustache.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Fangs for the memory rest in peace Sir Christopher .
    slyfox wrote: »
    Very sad news. One of the strongest and most iconic villains of the series.

A close friend of mine met him a few years ago and Sir Christopher retold an amusing story to her. Lee had recently returned from the Thai island that TMWTGG was filmed on. It was a very low key personal visit (without any publicity or media attention). He wasn't very impressed and found the island had been spoilt by tourism nowadays. But the funny thing was that no one recognised him at all and apparently some Japanese tourists even asked him to take a photo of them whilst they posed like Bond/Scaramanga back-to-back on the beach. He didn't let on who he was and took their photo! He laughed telling this story apparently.

Ha. That's great.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    So sad to learn of the passing of Sir Christopher Lee. A real legend of the screen, and a most impressive list of films he leaves us. Scaramanga is easily the best part of TMWTGG. As is well known a relative of Ian Fleming, who was considered for the role of Doctor No.
    He also states that knowing Fleming and his discussions about Bond, Pierce Brosnan was probably the closest to what Fleming envisaged.
    On a side note, although the Star Wars prequels are often ripped apart, Lee as Count Dooku gave the films not only a great villain, but also much needed class and gravitas.
    RIP Sir Christopher Lee.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    To lose both Francisco Scaramanga and the actor who played my namesake within the same year.

RIP to the best main villain of the Moore era and a true cinematic legend.

From elation yesterday to devastation today! Absolutely gutted to learn of the news that Sir Christopher Lee had passed away. Thank you for all your TV and Movie magic! RIP
  • I was just watching Battle of Five Armies last night and noted his presence as Sarumon which caused me to think back to his role in the original LOTR trilogy which made me actually want to want The Man With The Golden Gun, which I'll do when I have the time. Sad news. RIP
    RIP, he was legend and one of my all time favorite Bond villain!
    Sad news, though he leaves a legacy and lived a long eventful life. Christopher Lee will never be forgotten, a true legend a true Prince of Darkness.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    My first theatrical Dracula... then so much more.
    Thanks to you, man.
    And promise NOT to RIP! Stir sh*t up! Party hard, and let us know! ;)
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Our grandparents know who Christopher Lee is and our children know who Christopher Lee is. Who else's legacy has spanned so many generations that a great grandmother can tell her great grandson that they saw Christopher as Dracula, while the great grandson can tell their great grandmother they saw Christopher as Suraman.

I'll honor Christopher not for just being a screen legend, but that he lived a very full life and kept doing what he loved when most people his age are very inactive.

Thank you Christopher for your contributions in film, stage, music and World War II. =D>
    Our grandparents know who Christopher Lee is and our children know who Christopher Lee is. Who else's legacy has spanned so many generations that a great grandmother can tell her great grandson that they saw Christopher as Dracula, while the great grandson can tell their great grandmother they saw Christopher as Suraman.

I'll honor Christopher not for just being a screen legend, but that he lived a very full life and kept doing what he loved when most people his age are very inactive.

Thank you Christopher for your contributions in film, stage, music and World War II. =D>
    A fitting performance for Christopher Lee.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5PWuvHPGsjI
    Well I know what movies he play as Villain & one he played as good guy. He had a good career. I never forget how he was bad in Chuck Norries movie An Eye for An Eye. Where he failed to fire the Walther PPK. Which also Star Shaft Richard Roundtree. I'm surprised he had starred in one Roger Moore TV series Ivanhoe. He be reunited with Ian Fleming his cousin.

A close friend of mine met him a few years ago and Sir Christopher retold an amusing story to her. Lee had recently returned from the Thai island that TMWTGG was filmed on. It was a very low key personal visit (without any publicity or media attention). He wasn't very impressed and found the island had been spoilt by tourism nowadays. But the funny thing was that no one recognised him at all and apparently some Japanese tourists even asked him to take a photo of them whilst they posed like Bond/Scaramanga back-to-back on the beach. He didn't let on who he was and took their photo! He laughed telling this story apparently.

Ha. That's great.

I may have to borrow that story.
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    It certainly feels like I lost a small part of my childhood and that is a tribute to the impact he had on people everywhere spanning multiple generations.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Seeing BAIN's clip from Around the World in 80 Days (above), made me wonder how many Bonds he has acted with in his long career? Brosnan, Moore and Craig (Golden Compass). Did he ever appear with Connery or Dalton?
    @NicNac. Surely you must be most saddened of all ;)
    A big loss for cinema, may he rest in peace unlike his biggest defining role.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    @NicNac. Surely you must be most saddened of all ;)

Are you kidding? I inherit his fortune!!!
    BAIN123 wrote: »

Ha. That's great.

I may have to borrow that story.

Please do! It's a funny story and Sir Christopher commented on how stupid the Japanese couple looked! :))
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited June 2015 Posts: 2,138
    To his other credits I need to add War Vetran and a metal rocker. What a man, what a life!.

Also an actor in musicals. No kidding, I have his version of "The King and I" on my iPod. I also have this song :

Truly a giant of the entertainment business.
    Is there a classic character/story or a major cinematic franchise he has not been associated with?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Is there a classic character/story or a major cinematic franchise he has not been associated with?

I would think there were very few. The Carry On films? Thankfully he never did one of those! :D
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    Very sad news. He was a complete legend.
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland

Indiana Jones comes to mind.

(I was thinking that Julian Glover has been in James Bond, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Doctor Who and now Game of Thrones.)
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 11,189
    Jurassic Park?

Then again Lee would just get the dinosaurs to obey him he was in any of those films.
    Chevron wrote: »

Indiana Jones comes to mind.

(I was thinking that Julian Glover has been in James Bond, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Doctor Who and now Game of Thrones.)

Harry Potter surprisingly. Halloween as well. He considered passing on the role of Dr Loomis the biggest mistake of his career. He didn't do any Batman but often worked with Tim Burton. He played in one Captain America movie.
    Instead another Bond villain got the role of Loomis ;)