Comments

• DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    Just seen this come through. Fantastic actor and one of the great Bond villains. Sad day.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Very sad news. A wonderful actor.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    The end of an era. What a superb actor he was, I have no doubt he will be remembered fondly for a long, long time.

"To us, Mr Bond. We are the best."
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2015 Posts: 23,883
    RIP Sir. You are missed already.

Thank you for your immeasurable contributions to cinema, wonderful acting, amazing screen presence & incredible voice over 8 decades.

A true gentleman and unquestionably one of the greats. Ian Fleming's step-cousin too.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    edited June 2015 Posts: 13,384
    Sad news Indeed, RIP Christopher Lee.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited June 2015 Posts: 17,803
    Very sad to hear that. One of the best Bond villains ever in one of the most underrated Bonds - TMWTGG. Lee really made that film as Scaramanga. Condolences to his family and friends.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    This is very sad to hear. I wish his family a speeding recovery. Truly an amazing actor.
  • I'm speechless, truly one of the greatest actors in cinema history. RIP
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Although TMWTGG isn't one of the better Bond's. Lee's performance was excellent. Sad day but he had a decent life (it seems).
    And now I regret even more not having been able to attend the screening of his "Dracula" in Paris yesterday evening (in the presence of Caroline Munro). A true legend has passed away, no doubt to join his friend Peter Cushing wherever great actors go after they die.

Still, as Peter Lorre said during Bela Lugosi's funerals : "Don't you think we should put a stake in his heart, just to make sure ?" (Come on, he would have loved that joke).
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Rest in peace.
    Dracula is truly dead. My favourite actor who played the role by far and maybe the only one who cared about the source material. More than an actor, an artist.

Oh and he was also a polyglot. He spoke French fluently and almost like a native.
    Sad too to hear of the passing of Ron Moody. I really enjoyed his performance as the aptly named Richard Pratt in the Tales of the Unexpected episode 'Taste'. Well worth a look as it's a brilliant episode.
    R.I.P. It was not a hoax after all...
    Please do NOT close this topic. Like I said before, our beloved Bond actors deserve their own topic when they pass away. It didn't happen with Louis Jourdan, Richard Kiel and Geoffrey Holder. So I hope now it happens with Sir Christopher Lee.

And now: I'm truly saddened by this news :(. This great man even showed up at the Royal premiere of "Skyfall" in 2012 (whereas many other Bond alumni were not present at all!). He even made some wunderful metal songs/albums. And he was certainly one of the most memorable Bond villains from the Roger Moore-era. Perhaps only equalled by Christopher Walken's portrayal of Max Zorin.

Dear Sir Christopher Lee. May you rest in peace. You will be greatly missed :-(. I know that with a 53 year old franchise, these things will happen more often. And although 93 years of age is a fantastic age, I will greatly miss him. R.I.P. :(.
    It seems that Sir Christopher Lee actually died in hospital on Sunday 7 June 2015 but that it has only been reported now.

See here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11666316/christopher-lee-dies-live.html
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Scaramanga, Lord Summerisle, Dracula - just 3 iconic characters played by the legend that ix Sir Christopher Lee. Wonderful character actor. Will be sorely missed by all I'm sure.
    Very sad news indeed. Fantastic actor, and a fantastic Bond villain.

He pretty much acted until the day he passed.

RIP Christaphor
    As I've got the afternoon off work I thought I'd stick in MWTGG. Not a big fan of the film as a whole but it had to be done on this occasion.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Truly saddening news. One of the greatest Bond villains, and one of my favourite actors. RIP the great Sir Christopher Lee.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    My love for TMWTGG has taken a huge hit. It will never be the same anymore knowing Sir Lee is gone. Once Sir Rog goes too, TMWTGG won't be as fun as it once was.
  • RC7RC7
    TMWTGG was, and still is, one of my favourite Bond films. In large part due to Christopher Lee. It gets a lot of stick on here, but you know you're witnessing an iconic performance when it's still being referenced nearly 40 years later...

RIP a Bond legend.
    Requiescat in pace. Gun is the only film I've seen him in, and he was terrific. Could have made a pretty good Bond, I suspect.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Please do NOT close this topic. Like I said before, our beloved Bond actors deserve their own topic when they pass away. It didn't happen with Louis Jourdan, Richard Kiel and Geoffrey Holder. So I hope now it happens with Sir Christopher Lee.

(.

Why would we?
    Certain Bond stars will always get their own thread - and I agree Christopher Lee should be one of those.
    Sad day
    Oh no :( Such sad news. I sometimes think this kind of death would be slightly easier to take if the person hadn't been so vital and active right up to the end. (It's similar to PD James, who - as you might be able to tell by my name - I love also.)

RIP to a legend.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    RIP to not just a Bond legend, but a film legend. While he is best known for horror films during the 50s and 60s, Christopher Lee kept going strong in the later stages of his life in Lord of the Rings, Dark Shadows, etc. and even did a heavy metal album just a few years ago.

RIP Christopher. We lost a legendary acting icon.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    RIP to a legend. He was a fascinating actor and made some of the most entertaining movies ever. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Rest in peace :( One of the most memorable Bond villains for sure. And Saruman, of course.
  • Will_OnceWill_Once Surrey, England
    Sad to lose him but 93 is a pretty good innings. One of very few actors to move effortlessly from one major film series to another. Dracula, Bond, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit.

A feat nearly (but not quite) equalled by Hugo Weaving and Andy Serkis.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Bowing to the man with the golden gun, an increadably fine actor who gave the world the creeps often. But that was what his aim was, so that's good.