I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Just noticed that Zorin's death scream is the exact same as Sandor's in TSWLM (and if that's the case, I can only assume the same scream was probably used elsewhere in the series).

That or it was another cringey reference to the past Bond films.

I'm sure the only people who would create a reference like this or even notice one would be the die-hard Bond fans (like myself, who went out of his way to rewatch both deaths on YouTube to ensure that it was the same exact scream.)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I am sure it is the same in several others as well. They have a few recordings that they use again and again.
    Agreed @Creasy47 ....hahaha...
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I remember Chandor's scream but can't recall Zorin's. I don't watch AVTAK much anyway, and perhaps I'll have to endure it soon to check this notable discovery for myself.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I remember Chandor's scream but can't recall Zorin's. I don't watch AVTAK much anyway, and perhaps I'll have to endure it soon to check this notable discovery for myself.

It was more than likely so noticeable to me because I've watched the hell out of AVTAK lately.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The Bond series is known for reusing sound effects. Even death screams. ;)
    Figured there had to be more instances of that, thanks for the video, @Murdock!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    My pleasure. My favorite has to be the classic "Pitchow" gun sound effect. I'd love to hear that in movies again.
    I miss the 'pitchow', the Wilhelm scream, and the punching sound effects.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    The flamethrower in the DAD PTS (which always seemed a bit out of place to me) could be inspired by the MR novel (as were other elements of the film).

The Wilhelm scream is in Spectre.
    tanaka123 wrote: »

I missed that. Could you please tell me where?
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 4,325

I think it's in the pre-credits sequence. The Film Programme on BBC Radio 4 back at the end of 2015 had a sound engineer on who had worked on Spectre and he said it was in there. There's also a sound of a bird call in Austria of a bird that you wouldn't find in Austria.

I think it's in the pre-credits sequence. The Film Programme on BBC Radio 4 back at the end of 2015 had a sound engineer on who had worked on Spectre and he said it was in there. There's also a sound of a bird call in Austria of a bird that you wouldn't find in Austria.
    Great, thanks. I will look out for it next time I watch the film.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited January 2017 Posts: 10,588

I thought I was the only one that caught this. It is towards the beginning of the helicopter fight.
    There's also a sound of a bird call in Austria of a bird that you wouldn't find in Austria.

What a mess that film is!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    This is an outrage!
    I usually fast-forward through the helicopter fight,hence I haven't heard any of this....What part of the Austria scenes is the bird call ?
    I don t believe there are cuckoos in the Moroccan desert either. Spectre is such a failure.
    It seems the old adage of studying and giving care and attention to detail in a Bond film has gone ...
    edited January 2017 Posts: 40,490
    Never noticed that Stamper gets his own unique henchman trait in TND: heterochromea, or a mismatching eye color. The left one is blue, and the right one is brown. Cool little detail I've never picked up on.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Never noticed that Stamper gets his own unique henchman trait in TND: heterochromea, or a mismatching eye color. The left one is blue, and the right one is brown. Cool little detail I've never picked up on.

WHAT? Really? :O
    Can't believe I have yet to notice that. Great catch!
    Thanks! You don't get too many close-up moments of his face, but it's pretty noticeable in this shot:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/jamesbond/images/5/51/Stamper_-_Profile.png/revision/latest?cb=20160603174355
    Well i didnt know that ..bravo @Creasy47 !
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    jake24 wrote: »
    This is an outrage!

Especially for a series whose man character is named after an ornithologist, for Fleming's sake! If there's one thing Bond should never, ever screw up, it's the birds!
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Just noticed in Die Another Day that after the vr sequence the gun he tosses away was used then. Always thought it was just through the glasses and he shot through his mind.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Here's a better look at Stamper.

9RrJtnM.jpg
    Yes,definately different colours...well I never...interesting.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Stamper is a big block of wood, but at the same time he is awkwardly awesome. Weird combo.