I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Take the bloody shot is the tip of the iceberg of idiotic plot items in SF. What about Bond getting shot twice falling to his death and drowning? It's roadrunner level.

Just what I didn't want to get into. @Getafix will be here now with his list of SF plot holes ;)

I don't know the answer to that Jason, but I don't care any more than I did when Alec Trevellyan fell just as far onto concrete and lived.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    NicNac wrote: »
    Take the bloody shot is the tip of the iceberg of idiotic plot items in SF. What about Bond getting shot twice falling to his death and drowning? It's roadrunner level.

Just what I didn't want to get into. @Getafix will be here now with his list of SF plot holes ;)

I don't know the answer to that Jason, but I don't care any more than I did when Alec Trevellyan fell just as far onto concrete and lived.

The difference is Alec didn't get rescued by mermaids ;)

I thought G-fix is all about GE and Brosnan :P
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    The difference is Alec didn't get rescued by mermaids ;)

=))
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Bond was rescued by his Greek lover (Tonia Sotiropoulou), who just happened to be swimming by when the whole thing happened.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    That was one seriously tense pretitles sequence from start to finish. SF, that is.

So I too can forgive the mermaid.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It's not meant to be taken literally anyway.
    Any comments on my TND point a few posts back ,you lot ??
  • Take the bloody shot is the tip of the iceberg of idiotic plot items in SF. What about Bond getting shot twice falling to his death and drowning? It's roadrunner level.

I'm more bothered by the fact there was a full 12 seconds between 'the shot' and the villain going under the bridge. Time enough for, perhaps. . . a second shot?

It's no good being all smarty-pants knocking off wing mirrors if you're just going to stand there gawping later.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    After the sword fight in DAD, the guy with dreadlocks quips "the place needed redecorating anyway!", which is the same gag that Lara Croft used in Tomb Raider, released one year earlier in 2001.
    I noticed something humorous after popping in DAD tonight. When Deborah Moore serves Bond his martini on the plane, she bends down to hand it to him and accidentally sticks her a** in a female passenger's face. It's hilarious and I'm not entirely sure whether it was intentional or not.
    It's visible here at 3:00:

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Keeping the British end up. The apple doesn't fall very far from the tree. =))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    KING OF DIAMONDS would have been a good title.
    Shame it finished at that point,after all the work BA put into helping out they didnt get much of a promo,and it was just leading up the point that was cut from the film.
    KING OF DIAMONDS would have been a good title.

Actually TF,that would have been a damn good title,and made the film more respectable in a funny kind of way,if u get what i mean.

Would be one thing less to moan about, at least.
    Too true...i DO like that title,really good.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    In FRWL, after Bond shoots down the SPECTRE helicopter during the sequence following the Grant fight, you can see Sean pop up from behind a rise in the hill preparing to re-enter the scene just as his stunt double (I don't know if it was Simmons or another) rushes from behind the rocks and burning copter.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    One thing that I noticed right away when I went to Blu Ray. The make-up used to hide facial blemishes is absurdly obvious in pre-digital age films, even more so in 4K while watching the Bond films that have been scanned from the original negatives. Of course how could the filmmakers of the time have foreseen that these movies would be watched repeatedly at one's leisure, much less on freakishly clear systems. Anyway, I noticed a while back that through most of GOLDFINGER Bond has a rather large growth on his right cheek (not present in FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE, so I know it's not a mole), that has been covered over by a smear of some type of beige colored cream.

What I just noticed now for the first time is that during the famous table laser scene is that, being that Bond is looking a tad beat up after his car wreck, the zit is covered with a dab of fake blood. So, my question is, did they decide to take that opportunity to pop it knowing that they would have an excuse to cover the mess for that scene, did it burst on it's own and they realized that they could get away with covering the crater because Bond was supposed to be a bit bloodied anyway, or is it just a coincidence?
    A gross question, but a very interesting one nonetheless.
    hahaha what an amazing observation @Birdleson ...I will look out for that !
    Gee I hope they didn't pop it, that can leave nasty scars. :(

I think Judi Dench's M had a drinking problem
    So would you,having to keep an eye on Bond @IGUANNA hahaha ;)
    If you think that is bad, check out Roger s fingernails, especially in MR, in Drax mansion.
    In QOS, Mrs Mathis goes by the name of Gemma.

Must be a nod to Ms Arterton.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Two things in GF-

I never noticed the operator of the car compactor before, the man sat in the far left of the shot.

I also never noticed the grey patches on Connery's arm before in the Miami scenes. Not sure what they are, but it looks almost as if they're an attempt to cover up a tattoo!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Two things in GF-

I never noticed the operator of the car compactor before, the man sat in the far left of the shot.

I also never noticed the grey patches on Connery's arm before in the Miami scenes. Not sure what they are, but it looks almost as if they're an attempt to cover up a tattoo!

@MayDayDiVicenzo, yes, that's them trying to cover up Sean's tattoos. It's most visible in the restored Dr. No blu-rays, as his time in the water washes the make-up away.

http://inkedceleb.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Sean-Connery-Arm-Tattoo.jpg

It's hard to see, but he has two on that arm, one saying “Scotland forever”, the other “Mum and Dad" that he got while he was enlisted in the Royal Navy at age 16.
    He could have kept those tattoos in the films.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Two things in GF-

@MayDayDiVicenzo, yes, that's them trying to cover up Sean's tattoos. It's most visible in the restored Dr. No blu-rays, as his time in the water washes the make-up away.

http://inkedceleb.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Sean-Connery-Arm-Tattoo.jpg

It's hard to see, but he has two on that arm, one saying “Scotland forever”, the other “Mum and Dad" that he got while he was enlisted in the Royal Navy at age 16.

Ha, that's hilarious! The things you learn!

He could have kept those tattoos in the films.

Now I have this vision of Dr No peeling back Bond's bed cover to be met with "Scotland Forever" on his arm.
    Yes, Sean is our only tatted Bond (visible on screen).

I know Dan has tattoos, but I'm sure they blemish them away with computer effects these days.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited November 2016 Posts: 8,111
    Ok, so I'm watching TLD and I get to the scene just before the carnival, and I watching Bond and saunders relay information. Watching that scene, I'm suddenly noticing the subtlety in Dalton's acting. Saunders hurries over to him at the orchestra/opera and starts asking questions in a slightly panicked way. Just look at Dalton's acting there, I never noticed it before. He is getting all these flustered questions thrown at him and each of his responses are delivered in such a calm, composed manner. Just listen to the regular, even way he delivers his speech. That is PERFECT Bond, and it was so subtle part of the performance that I can't quite believe I'm only noticing it now. THAT is what I want to see from the next guy who becomes Bond, more of that.