I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @barryt007, I stumbled upon that picture, as well, but couldn't figure out whether or not it was her. Next time I watch it on blu-ray, I'll pause a few times and keep an eye out.
    Nice one @Creasy47 ....worth a check ..with many eyes looking at it then maybe,just maybe !
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    What I'd really like confirmation on from somebody involved in FRWL's production is if that really is old Ian with the cane by the train as it passes the field.

Set pictures from FRWL show Ian there in a similar long sleeved slacks get-up with a cane, but the man in the film feels shorter than Ian and his cane looks to be more like a rugged stick used as a makeshift cane than the cane Ian is seem with, which is straight and not gaunt at all. I also think the hair of the man in the shot is too dark for Ian's, which I imagine had grayed at that time considerably.

They looks so similar in dress, but there's elements between them that don't match up, including posture and overall body structure.

http://www.the007dossier.com/007dossier/image.axd?picture=/2014/03/ian-flaming-in-from-russia-with-love-cameo-1080p-x200.jpg

https://jakemcmillan.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/ian-fleming-on-set-from-russia-with-love-7.jpg

I'd like to think it's Ian, but we may never know conclusively.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I haven't had the chance to look myself, but she apparently appears when Bond and Chuck Lee are first walking and talking with one another. They say this is her behind them, in the tan jacket and black pants, holding hands with the man in a plaid shirt:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gNK4iZYLVwk/UBlsIrEJc5I/AAAAAAAAEzs/dS_lIBRwDpU/s1600/A-View-to-a-Kill-James-Bond-Roger-Moore-Chuck-Lee-David-Yip-Maud-Adams-cameo.png

That certainly looks like her! We've got her, the minx!

I spotted on youtube a great interview with Roger filming that scene and Adams was in the clip. That was definitely her in the back.
    What I'd really like confirmation on from somebody involved in FRWL's production is if that really is old Ian with the cane by the train as it passes the field.

Set pictures from FRWL show Ian there in a similar long sleeved slacks get-up with a cane, but the man in the film feels shorter than Ian and his cane looks to be more like a rugged stick used as a makeshift cane than the cane Ian is seem with, which is straight and not gaunt at all. I also think the hair of the man in the shot is too dark for Ian's, which I imagine had grayed at that time considerably.

They looks so similar in dress, but there's elements between them that don't match up, including posture and overall body structure.

http://www.the007dossier.com/007dossier/image.axd?picture=/2014/03/ian-flaming-in-from-russia-with-love-cameo-1080p-x200.jpg

https://jakemcmillan.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/ian-fleming-on-set-from-russia-with-love-7.jpg

I'd like to think it's Ian, but we may never know conclusively.

Standing with the walking stick ?yep ive seen that lots of times and TBF it looks like him....tough to decide...

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I read somewhere that it isn t him.
    But once again it would be nice to know for sure..these mysteries are frustrating.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    barryt007 wrote: »
    But once again it would be nice to know for sure..these mysteries are frustrating.

They certainly are! Like if the guy in the car rental queue behind Steve Martin in Planes Trains and Automobiles really is Elvis Presley!

Or if that really is the ghost of a young boy in Three Men And A Baby...!
    No that is not Fleming, not even close to the same hair.
    I like the photo of Fleming in front of the train though @tanaka123. He was always such a bawse :)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    tanaka123 wrote: »

But what if EON went in and digitally altered the image to f**k with our heads like we all know they did with Dolly's braces?
    tanaka123 wrote: »

But what if EON went in and digitally altered the image to f**k with our heads like we all know they did with Dolly's braces?

I'm more concerned that they've added sounds and distorted some of the title sequences - since when did the YOLT gunbarrel end with a 'whoosh'?!
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 1,296
    @tanaka123 They have also fiddled with the colours and grain structure of the old Bonds beyond acceptable thresholds....... hence a troubling 'praise' from certain "dimwits' on how Dr No in HD looks like it was made yesterday, friends if anyone wants a download of the director-approved Criterion laserdisc with the original colours don't ask me because I'm not sharing.
    @IGUANNA the colour is way off on the Dr. No Blu ray.
    I will make a post about it sometime. As a filmmaker and storyteller, this shit really eats my goat.
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    I will make a post about it sometime. As a filmmaker and storyteller, this shit really eats my goat.

=))

=))

Lol.
    Lol I would like to see you guys do better if you're so amused. :)
    Lol I would like to see you guys do better if you're so amused. :)

Better than the interminable saga of 'Sam Dandies'?

I've seen better storytellers in primary school captivating the teacher with the tale of how the dog ate their homework.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited September 2016 Posts: 14,910
    @tanaka123 They have also fiddled with the colours and grain structure of the old Bonds beyond acceptable thresholds....... hence a troubling 'praise' from certain "dimwits' on how Dr No in HD looks like it was made yesterday, friends if anyone wants a download of the director-approved Criterion laserdisc with the original colours don't ask me because I'm not sharing.

And this is a bad thing because?
    If a film made in 1962 has been restored to make it look better, then why is this a bad thing? The film itself hasn't been changed.

We're also drifting off topic here. Let's get back on track, to what this thread is here for.
    Any new things spotted?

• edited September 2016 Posts: 4,325
    Benny wrote: »

And this is a bad thing because?
    If a film made in 1962 has been restored to make it look better, then why is this a bad thing? The film itself hasn't been changed.

We're also drifting off topic here. Let's get back on track, to what this thread is here for.
    Any new things spotted?

No @Benny , it's best state is it's original state. The goal of film restoration is to get the film (including colours) as accurate to the original. It's been restored to look like an original 35mm print would have looked in 1962, at least that's the intention, an original 35mm print is the best quality you'll ever get.

Here

http://www.the007dossier.com/007dossier/post/2016/07/01/James-Bond-in-Glorious-Technicolor

you can see the differences.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 1,296
    @Benny @tanaska123 is correct, by some of the bluray 'restorations violated the cinematographor's intention by adding cold modern hues, also film grain was digitally scrubbed from the image which made us lose fine detail in trade for trying to make the film look like it wasn't shot on film stock in the 60s which it was. You know it's bad when Die Another Day has more natural film grain and flicker than Dr No. I hope you understand now and never praise what Lowry did to the odl films again.
    Also waxface.
    This most appreciably falls under the umbrella of things you never notice before, at least for you Benny and I bet for a number of other forummembers as well, so it's not off topic that much. :)
    @IGUANNA to be fair it's only really GoldenEye that suffers hugely from being digitally scrubbed, probably because mid-90s film stock was very grainy. I think overall Lowry did a superb job. The blu rays are better than the Ultimate Edition DVDs, they corrected some of their mistakes such as the wrong colour timing on the OHMSS PTS. I have more of an issue with the addition of sounds that are not in the original films. At the end of OHMSS they've given completely new gunshot sounds at the Piz Gloria assault as well as completely changing Irma Bunt's gunshots when she kills Tracy, even changing her firing from automatic gunfire to single shots. The music on the safe-cracking scene has been so dialled back that it loses the suspense that John Barry's score added to the scene.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The Blu-rays of the Bonds I have, the Connery era, have colors that look more natural to the eye than what they used to look like on older stock. Each new addition of these films have tweaks, largely in how dark the shadows look and the vibrancy of the colors, but I think the Blu-rays are by far the most natural and well-lit we've seen yet. I love the restorations because of this, especially DN and FRWL.

Shoot me!
    The Blu-rays of the Bonds I have, the Connery era, have colors that look more natural to the eye than what they used to look like on older stock. Each new addition of these films have tweaks, largely in how dark the shadows look and the vibrancy of the colors, but I think the Blu-rays are by far the most natural and well-lit we've seen yet. I love the restorations because of this, especially DN and FRWL.

Shoot me!

They used the oldest stock possible - they used the original camera negatives.
    You guys are annoying me I have so much to say now,

@tanaka123 GoldenEye HD is defintiely the worst offender for waxface but, the Connery's also suffer from it thruout- Thunderball in particular, And if you watch the unscrubbed and unrestored bluray teaser trailer for TLD you will find more detail in Dalton's face, hair, ocean, everything than the "restored' main feature film so it's not just Goldeneye. Sometimes it's a case of not knowing what you're missing.
    You guys are annoying me I have so much to say now,

@tanaka123 GoldenEye HD is defintiely the worst offender for waxface but, the Connery's also suffer from it thruout- Thunderball in particular, And if you watch the unscrubbed and unrestored bluray teaser trailer for TLD you will find more detail in Dalton's face, hair, ocean, everything than the "restored' main feature film so it's not just Goldeneye. Sometimes it's a case of not knowing what you're missing.

Rubbish.