I've never noticed that before...

Comments

As a whole i actually prefer MR pre-titles to TSWLM! The opening with the Moonraker is well done, and I love the line leading to Bonds appearance "He's on his last leg!" And the freefall stunts are terrific, and yes, no cgi in sight!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I guess he owned several watches, and couldn t decide on one.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Sticking with Thunderball, I just noticed something odd. When Angelo kills Derval with the gas to take his place, he is given his dog tag, and his watch: a Breitling Navitimer I believe, a black faced watch with dark leather bands. But then, when he has crash landed the plain and Largo cuts his breathing tube, he is wearing a Rolex Submariner, a stainless steel watch with metal bands. And then, when Bond finds the bomber and makes his way to the cockpit, he removes Derval's dog tag and watch from the dead Angelo, but the watch he takes off is neither a Breitling, nor a Rolex! This watch has a white face and a dark cloth strap, which is unlike either of the other two! But Then, when Bond gives the dog tag and watch to Domino, it is back to the original Breitling Navitimer. Such an odd continuity failure.
    That's the effect of high altitude - and beeing underwater has on this specific kind of watch. Most odd....

;-)
    nice catch
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    As a whole i actually prefer MR pre-titles to TSWLM! The opening with the Moonraker is well done, and I love the line leading to Bonds appearance "He's on his last leg!" And the freefall stunts are terrific, and yes, no cgi in sight!

I just don't get the love for Moonraker's PTS, it has a great stunt, but the actual thing itself is pants. One of the worst in my opinion (and yes I know it just my opinion), makes no sense at all. But it just foreshadows the rest of the the film I suppose - played for laughs.
    Each to his own! I never get the love for TSWLM pre-credits sequence! Apart from the magnificent ski jump, the rest of it is naff!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    TSWLM has one of my all time favorite moments of the entire franchise that always manages to get a passionate and emotional reaction in me.

In the cabin, right as Bond prepares to leave, the woman says to him, "But James, I need you," to which Bond replies, "So does England."

A pitch-perfect Bond moment from Sir Roger that displays the kind of man Bond is perfectly. He loves the finer things in life, but when he's needed, he's off post haste to save the day.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I like the skipole gun.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    The TSWLM PTS is iconic to the max. Objectively I'd even place it at No 1.
    In my personal ranking it's right behind TND-SP-GE-TWINE at No 5.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I like the skipole gun.

Me too.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    TSWLM has one of my all time favorite moments of the entire franchise that always manages to get a passionate and emotional reaction in me.

In the cabin, right as Bond prepares to leave, the woman says to him, "But James, I need you," to which Bond replies, "So does England."

A pitch-perfect Bond moment from Sir Roger that displays the kind of man Bond is perfectly. He loves the finer things in life, but when he's needed, he's off post haste to save the day.

aaah those were the days when you were allowed to use words like 'England'
    NicNac wrote: »

Skyfall

Country?

England.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited September 2016 Posts: 9,117
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    NicNac wrote: »

Skyfall

Country?

England.

Although obviously it would funnier if he said it in a girl's voice.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Stewart Lee has no equals.
  • Dragonpol wrote: »
    The MR pts is one of the very best, even if you can see the parachute under the clothes.

Agreed, although you see it even more in the OP finale when Gobibnda falls off the plane.

Yes! When I saw that, it sort of undermined the whole sequence for me...
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Something just came to mind re: SP:

At Blofeld HQ, Bond tells Oberhauser the following with conviction: "I came here to kill you".

Then at the end of the film, he decides to let him live.

It's a bit surprising, because in the time between the two scenes, he learns that Oberhauser is in fact Blofeld, and had killed Hans. I would have thought that this would give even him more reason to put a bullet in his head, and especially after all the taunting of Madeline and he, and drills through brain, brother-gate etc..

What changed his mind? Madeline's threat to leave? Surely that was because he was still on the mission, and not because he was planning to dispatch her father's killer?
    bondjames wrote: »
    Something just came to mind re: SP:

At Blofeld HQ, Bond tells Oberhauser the following with conviction: "I came here to kill you".

Then at the end of the film, he decides to let him live.

It's a bit surprising, because in the time between the two scenes, he learns that Oberhauser is in fact Blofeld, and had killed Hans. I would have thought that this would give even him more reason to put a bullet in his head, and especially after all the taunting of Madeline and he, and drills through brain, brother-gate etc..

What changed his mind? Madeline's threat to leave? Surely that was because he was still on the mission, and not because he was planning to dispatch her father's killer?

What I don't get is why he takes Madeleine with him - he's supposed to be protecting her from him yet takes her straight to Blofeld. And what is Bond's plan - seems like a bit of a suicide mission really?
    Birdleson wrote: »
    What I don't get is how you can even attempt to find logic in that script.

Touche.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @tanaka123 you are a genius! I've seen SP about 10 times, but I never realized that Bond completely contradicts his word to Mr White by taking Madeleine directly to Blofeld. I never connected the dots!
    @tanaka123 you are a genius! I've seen SP about 10 times, but I never realized that Bond completely contradicts his word to Mr White by taking Madeleine directly to Blofeld. I never connected the dots!

Basically…Bond's a frickin' idiot! Lead M to her death and then took Madeleine to the jaws of the lion!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

Basically…Bond's a frickin' idiot! Lead M to her death and then took Madeleine to the jaws of the lion!
    I guess he really was "all played out". He got out just in time, it seems.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    edited September 2016 Posts: 2,252
    He does tell Madeleine not to go because he wants her alive. But she insisted.

CR Bond might have put up more of a fight but SP Bond is ok with a simple explanation
    w2bond wrote: »

CR Bond might have put up more of a fight but SP Bond is ok with a simple explanation

And then he lets her go wandering off while C's still at large! Eejit.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I remember an interview from Jesper Christensen between QOS and SF where he said Craig's Bond was an 'idiot'. Probably Christensen already knew in 2010 about the SP script!

Under the thumb then, he definitely will marry Swann then.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed

Under the thumb then, he definitely will marry Swann then.

Much stronger chemistry with Swan than with Tracy, what a long honeymoooooon they had!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Never thought about that, either. Chalk that up to yet another inconsistency, no surprise there.
    She's also angry with Bond in the plane/car chase that he's drawing them to her yet willfully goes along with Bond to Blofeld.
    edited September 2016 Posts: 15,692
    She's also angry with Bond in the plane/car chase that he's drawing them to her yet willfully goes along with Bond to Blofeld.

Wow. Bond tries to save her: 'Get away from me!! Don't you think you led them to me??' 20 minutes later she's actually the one convincing Bond to take her straight to Blofeld's lair.

• edited September 2016 Posts: 4,325
    It would have made more sense dramatically if she got caught by Blofeld before the crater scenes rather than London - then Bond has a motivation other than some random plan to kill him even though the place is crawling with Blofeld's guards. Then you have your climax there rather than in London - still wouldn't be great but would help the third act some. Would also have increased the homage to Dr. No too!
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Coz she realized how much her Daddy loved her.