Charteris' The Saint

13»

Comments

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2022 Posts: 4,416
    I have now 6 ''Zwarte Beertjes'' Dutch translation novels. One of last three i collect last weak is translation from original English novel, the other four based on French.

De Saint En De Musketiers ''The Saint And The Musketeers'' - 1968 (Le Saint Chasse La Blonde)

De Kinderen Van De Saint ''The Children Of The Saint'' - 1957 (Les Anges Appellent Le Saint)

De Saint Eist Vergelding ''The Saint Demands Retaliation'' - 1958 (Le Saint Exige La Tete)

De Saint En De Tijger ''The Saint And The Tiger'' - 1959 (The Saint Meet The Tiger)

De Saint En De Zwarte Weduwe ''The Saint And The Black Widow'' - 1966 (Le Saint et la Veuve Noire.)

De Saint En De Zieke Professor ''The Sick Professor'' - 1967 (Quand le Saint s'en Mêle)

saint-collection-box.png

It's a 12-disc (and by the looks of it a Scandinavian) release, which is a bit cheaper than the Complete Colour Series you can get on Amazon UK. However, it says on the cover (and on the little information I can find online) that the set includes 43 episodes. But looking at the number of episodes made in colour, there were 47! Does anyone know why there might be episodes missing from this collection?

Atleast r2 box look intresting with mabey some falls hope there making Dutch version of it. Are there any extra's on it.

I think you already found it out by now, but if not:

Atleast it should have said 45 episodes if the count the two parters as one episode, it can mean it missing those two parters.. then you have 43.

The Fiction Makers (S6 episode 11 & 12)
    Vendetta for the Saint (S6 episode 15 & 16)

Vendetta for the Saint it is possible it is owned by another studio. Because i believe it was first as movie.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    @M_Balje, I have De Saint En De Musketiers, picked up in a secondhand bookshop in Utrecht along with De Saint En De Grijze Pijen (not sure of the original title?), which had got there from a library in Johannesburg! I can't read them but I love the Dick Bruna covers.

C491PfaWMAAz29z.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The Saint clearly uses tiny pistols. Or he Plays Your Cards Right with Brucie perhaps!
    M_Balje wrote: »

saint-collection-box.png

It's a 12-disc (and by the looks of it a Scandinavian) release, which is a bit cheaper than the Complete Colour Series you can get on Amazon UK. However, it says on the cover (and on the little information I can find online) that the set includes 43 episodes. But looking at the number of episodes made in colour, there were 47! Does anyone know why there might be episodes missing from this collection?

Atleast r2 box look intresting with mabey some falls hope there making Dutch version of it. Are there any extra's on it.

I think you already found it out by now, but if not:

Atleast it should have said 45 episodes if the count the two parters as one episode, it can mean it missing those two parters.. then you have 43.

The Fiction Makers (S6 episode 11 & 12)
    Vendetta for the Saint (S6 episode 15 & 16)

Vendetta for the Saint it is possible it is owned by another studio. Because i believe it was first as movie.

This might explain the number of episodes, thanks @M_Balje!

There's no extras on this release as far as I can tell. Not surprising, but it would have been fun to have some extras.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    mtm wrote: »
    The Saint clearly uses tiny pistols. Or he Plays Your Cards Right with Brucie perhaps!

Heh! The one on the left is actually Moonraker, which I picked up at the same time.