TONS OF NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN ON SET PHOTOS from "Licence to Kill" - shot in Key West, 1988

Comments

• Thanks for sharing your great photos and wonderful stories. Its always great to see candid photos from behind the scènes from the Bond films. It must have been a great experience. Is photography your profession or just a hobby? The images are well captured.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 3,687
    [img][/img]16879076529_cf4283b67e_o.jpgAirport_Extra_Scene by ErikHollander, on Flickr
    Benny wrote: »
    Stunning, stunning photos @EHollander thank you so much for sharing.
    Truly love the behind the scenes and rare Bond photos. So this is a real treat. Also the stories that you have shared, and I'm sure there are more that you can share with us.
    Look forward to seeing and hearing more about your experience on LTK.

And to everyone who has responded overnight... Thanks for your enthusiastic replies.
    It makes it worth the huge effort of scanning so many negatives to see that somebody else appreciates them. More pics will be coming as I scan them. More details too if you really want 'em.

EHollander wrote: »
    [img][/img]16796191348_53e6185850_o.jpg61_Letterhead by ErikHollander, on Flickr

I know fans will ask thousands of Dollars for this particular image. But please, ALWAYS keep it with you... Ok??

Will do. Too much sentimental value to part with anyway. Thanks for having my back though. ;)
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 3,687
    Thanks for sharing your great photos and wonderful stories. Its always great to see candid photos from behind the scènes from the Bond films. It must have been a great experience. Is photography your profession or just a hobby? The images are well captured.

At the time, I was a photography major at UNF, I am now a professional graphic designer and photographer. Thanks for the compliments and thanks to you all for making me feel welcome here.

My graphics website:
    erikhollanderdesign.com
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Has your lady friend from the TLD PTS ever been told that her comment about it being boring there is unintentionally hilarious? Did she really not notice the jeep falling off the cliff and exploding next to her boat? ;)
    She is not one to wear her "Bond girl" status on her sleeve, or bikini strap as it were...
    Little known trivia, she told me she was actually being groomed for the main Bond girl for TLD when Pierce Brosnan was originally cast - before his contract was renewed for a few more episodes of Remington Steele. When Dalton was cast as his replacement, she was reduced to the small role she presently has. in the opening.

She was dubbed, by the way in her scene. That is not at all what her voice sounds like.
  • EHollander wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing your great photos and wonderful stories. Its always great to see candid photos from behind the scènes from the Bond films. It must have been a great experience. Is photography your profession or just a hobby? The images are well captured.

At the time, I was a photography major at UNF, I am now a professional graphic designer and photographer. Thanks for the compliments and thanks to you all for making me feel welcome here.

My graphics website:
    erikhollanderdesign.com

Thanks for the link to your website. Very nice pictures and a lot of great designs. As you are a graphics professional, what are your thoughts on the SPECTRE posters so far?

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited March 2015 Posts: 17,800
    A great thread - thank you so much for sharing these with us. We're privileged to see such things by your kindness. :)
    You know what I love about this topic @EHollander? The fact that, basically not much has changed in the time between 1988 and 2015. I'm extensively following the production of "SPECTRE". And then I see this entire production "blog" showing up from "LTK". It's all so wunderful to be part of. @Marketto007 now, you @EHollander then....it really fulfills me with proudness and warmth....it's truly good to be a Bond fan.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    She is not one to wear her "Bond girl" status on her sleeve, or bikini strap as it were...
    Little known trivia, she told me she was actually being groomed for the main Bond girl for TLD when Pierce Brosnan was originally cast - before his contract was renewed for a few more episodes of Remington Steele. When Dalton was cast as his replacement, she was reduced to the small role she presently has. in the opening.

She was dubbed, by the way in her scene. That is not at all what her voice sounds like.

What a shame. I much preferred her (in her small scene) to Maryam D'Abo.
    the_living_daylights_kell_tyler.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Now I can understand why Bond took two hours absence.
    That's Belle! Trivia: She was also originally cast for the female lead in Dances with Wolves - until Mary McDonnell replaced her at the 11th hour. Belle had long black hair and has some Native American Indian blood, so would have played "Stands with a Fist" as a half Indian/half caucasian character - the product of an rape during an attack on white settlers. When Mary McDonnell was cast, the character was changed to an orphaned settler child. She told me her long hair was cut short for the role of Linda - an eighties fashion decision.
    You know what I love about this topic @EHollander? The fact that, basically not much has changed in the time between 1988 and 2015. I'm extensively following the production of "SPECTRE". And then I see this entire production "blog" showing up from "LTK". It's all so wunderful to be part of. @Marketto007 now, you @EHollander then....it really fulfills me with proudness and warmth....it's truly good to be a Bond fan.

What I love about the Bond franchise is that it spans multiple generations. Everyone seems to have their favorites based on what they grew up on. - and they're all made by the same family! Nothing else to compare it to in the entertainment world. I'd love to see more rare BTS photos from Bond films, so anyone lurking out there with hidden photo gold... come on out and play.
    A bit off topic, but here is a semi-relevant pic from back in 2007. No he didn't use copper wire for floss after dinner. Richard Kiel and his wife Diane, my good friend Mike McCormack, myself.

[img][/img]16992640895_202c121c5d_o.jpg63_DINNERwithKIELS2 by ErikHollander, on Flickr
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2015 Posts: 23,883
    A bit off topic, but here is a semi-relevant pic from back in 2007. No he didn't use copper wire for floss after dinner.

[img][/img]16992640895_202c121c5d_o.jpg63_DINNERwithKIELS2 by ErikHollander, on Flickr

Thank you sir. ^:)^ Did you get a photo of him mock strangling you with his massive hands?
    A couple more from Key West...

[img][/img]16992023221_395600fac7_o.jpg64_Dalton_Sprite_Can by ErikHollander, on Flickr

[img][/img]16785100777_3f51ff24ee_o.jpg62_Erik_Glen by ErikHollander, on Flickr

Thank you sir. ^:)^ Did you get a photo of him mock strangling you with his massive hands?[/quote]

Naturally.

[img][/img]16805567360_69e7e1705a_o.jpgsharperikandKiel by ErikHollander, on Flickr

Wow, can we get anything we ask for? Talisa in her underwear?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Wow, can we get anything we ask for? Talisa in her underwear?
    I would not be entirely opposed to that myself.

Come on, Hollander! The police do not read this site.
    Sorry. The best I can do there is relay what she said to me when we talked at the wrap party. When I asked her if she was the bad girl or the good girl, she told me (quite suggestively) "Baby, I'm good, I'm bad, I'm everything!" She then signed my letterhead using my back as a desk.
    Grrrmpfff! I don t like you! ;)
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Absolutely fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing! LTK is one of my favourite Bond films.
    It's great to see what went on behind the lens to craft this amazing film.

[img][/img]16786516317_5cccf1ab6b_o.jpg66_Landing_Prep by ErikHollander, on Flickr
    These are all great. Big LTK fan! Thanks for posting them.
    Here are a couple old newspaper clippings I found in a scrapbook today. The first one
    where Dalton is seen standing beside the river is the one I refer to in the long account I posted before. It was taken the very day he was announced in the national newspapers as the new 007. The only people at that shoot were the photographer and myself. - Like I said - I guess that makes me literally Dalton's very first Bond fan. :O

Thought you might find interesting.

[img][/img]16994089885_0507e4f459_o.jpg72_DaltonNewspaper2 by ErikHollander, on Flickr

[img][/img]16806586720_16da94a652_o.jpg72_DaltonNewspaper1 by ErikHollander, on Flickr

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Keep it comin' man!!! We're loving it!!!
    Here's an interesting find from the old scrapbook. This is a shot taken on the set of "Brenda Starr" taken by my friend Gregg Goodwin back in 1986 - just days before Dalton was whisked away to Gibraltar to burn his Bond into celluloid, where he would trade in this old antique hunk of junk and Brooke Shields for an Aston Martin and Maryam D'Abo.

[img][/img]16374167633_30486a7ac9_o.jpg72_DaltonBrendaStarr by ErikHollander, on Flickr

My graphics website:
    erikhollanderdesign.com

Thanks for the link to your website. Very nice pictures and a lot of great designs. As you are a graphics professional, what are your thoughts on the SPECTRE posters so far?

Some of the fans posters are pretty impressive. The new teaser with Craig looks a little to metro for my tastes, but the style of the day seems to be heading for "less is more". I get it, but I'm kinda partial to the collage style i grew up with - cheesy as it is by today's standards. I do like the bullet hole/symbol concept though. Very cool.