Wai Lin as a James Bond regular?

2»

Comments

I did want to see or hear more about some Bond girls, the way they were sometimes mentioned in the novels. But Wai Lin would be at the bottom of the list. Or only above Jinx, whinch she is the prototype of.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Wai Lin would be at the bottom of the list.
    In the future, when Miley Cyrus is a Bond girl you might think back & realize that that idiot chrisisall wasn't such an idiot after all & that Wai Lin was actually pretty cool...

:)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    chrisisall wrote: »
    In the future, when Miley Cyrus is a Bond girl you might think back & realize that that idiot chrisisall wasn't such an idiot after all & that Wai Lin was actually pretty cool...

A twerking Bond girl? Oh, heaven forbid! :))

That is in the future. In a very hypothetical future. The one when the Olsen twins are also Bond girl. And yes, I would then revise it.

Actually, I don't think Wai Lin is at the bottom of the list, just not very high. Her character is so thin, there is nothing to make her a recurrent or semi-recurrent one. Sylvia Trench, I could understand why they had that in mind and her return in FRWL actually worked extremely well (but it could not have gone much further). I would also love to see some allusions to previous Bond girls, maybe small cameos à la Sylvia Trench from time to time (would love to see Bond and one breaking up at the beginning of a movie, for instance, for the sake of continuity and to use some of Fleming's material). But using one as a sidekick, and a semi-recurring one at that? Very bad idea.
    edited April 2015 Posts: 17,809

That is in the future. In a very hypothetical future. The one when the Olsen twins are also Bond girl. And yes, I would then revise it.

Actually, I don't think Wai Lin is at the bottom of the list, just not very high. Her character is so thin, there is nothing to make her a recurrent or semi-recurrent one. Sylvia Trench, I could understand why they had that in mind and her return in FRWL actually worked extremely well (but it could not have gone much further). I would also love to see some allusions to previous Bond girls, maybe small cameos à la Sylvia Trench from time to time (would love to see Bond and one breaking up at the beginning of a movie, for instance, for the sake of continuity and to use some of Fleming's material). But using one as a sidekick, and a semi-recurring one at that? Very bad idea.

I like your idea of them breaking up at the start of the film - surely that is made for the Craig era! It reminds me of the Tiffany Case references in FRWL - that she had moved out of Bond's flat etc.
    I was also thinking of the Tiffany Case's reference in FRWL. It worked so well. I would also love the MR ending, but not for now.
    I was also thinking of the Tiffany Case's reference in FRWL. It worked so well. I would also love the MR ending, but not for now.

I suppose that you could argue that we kind of got that sort of vibe with Camille in QoS?
    That's why I think its a good idea, but not for no.
    Yes, I agree that something different is always nice when it comes to the cliched world of the Bond girl.