The 'squirmiest' ending to a Bond film.

124»

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    00Beast wrote:
    Dr. No's is pretty squirmish, too happy, yay-rah, and the ending music is kind of corny, plus the audio messes the music up badly!
    It was the first bloody film. Too happy? I thought you liked campy endings and all that jazz?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Already been said Brady, it's essentially a final thumb to the nose of the viewer who has been sitting (in some discomfort) for the previous two hours of that nonsense

They could of had Pike survive as the Bond girl ally and killed off the Berry character as an adversary of sorts but they got it all wrong in the end, it was just the culmination of a near disaster of a Bond film

'Looks like we're going down together' etc, I always find some anxiety with the final 10 minutes of it, and with the rest of the film too, If I can be honest

And pleasing also to see some other users taking issue with the end of Doctor No, I didn't like what they did with it, pity really as it spoils an overall very good first release

I'd have loved it if Jinx was the traitor and Miranda kills her one on one. Or, just go with the original progression of events but instead this time have Miranda kill Jinx as she takes her dying breath. I can't think which Bond girl I want to kill more, Jinx or Stacey??
    Already been said Brady, it's essentially a final thumb to the nose of the viewer who has been sitting (in some discomfort) for the previous two hours of that nonsense

They could of had Pike survive as the Bond girl ally and killed off the Berry character as an adversary of sorts but they got it all wrong in the end, it was just the culmination of a near disaster of a Bond film

'Looks like we're going down together' etc, I always find some anxiety with the final 10 minutes of it, and with the rest of the film too, If I can be honest

And pleasing also to see some other users taking issue with the end of Doctor No, I didn't like what they did with it, pity really as it spoils an overall very good first release

I'd have loved it if Jinx was the traitor and Miranda kills her one on one. Or, just go with the original progression of events but instead this time have Miranda kill Jinx as she takes her dying breath. I can't think which Bond girl I want to kill more, Jinx or Stacey??

@OBradyM0BondFanatic7 Lol that would've constituted thinking outside the box and actually suprising the audience. Could anyone honestly tell me they were suprised when Miranda Frost revealed herself as a double agent. I understand Bond films become somewhat predictable but it seems as if the filmmakers believed that they were really pulling one over on the audience.
    well I for one didn't see the twist coming, at least on first viewing. Same as with Elecktra King turning heel in TWINE. Pity really as both Bond girls should of remained loyal, but if that's the direction they wanted to take.. Kind of a vice versa scenario with May Day in A View to a Kill if you will
    BAIN123 wrote:
    I thought the TWINE ending was rather tame really. I suppose "squirmiest" would have to go to AVTAK with Moore in the shower with a woman young enough to be his daughter. Also, we have that weird "cat" CCTV thing.

Oh yes, this scene is by far the "squirmiest"
    :-&
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

isn't it funny that that 5 of his 6 Bond movies end with him on a boat, or some sort of water craft...

Dr. No - ends with Bond and Honey adrift in a boat
    From Russia With Love - ends with Bond and Tanya in a gondola
    Thunderball - ends with Bond and Domino in raft, before being skyhooked
    You Only Live Twice - ends with Bond and Kissy in a raft - that gets snuck up on by a submarine
    Diamonds Are Forver - ends with Bond and Tiffany on a boat - albeit a cruise ship, but still
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

@OBradyM0BondFanatic7 Lol that would've constituted thinking outside the box and actually suprising the audience. Could anyone honestly tell me they were suprised when Miranda Frost revealed herself as a double agent. I understand Bond films become somewhat predictable but it seems as if the filmmakers believed that they were really pulling one over on the audience.

no, it wasn't surprising at all... i could smell it coming from a mile away - and when they finally revealed her as the traitor in the movie, i just rolled my eyes - because, yet again, another traitorous insider.. *yawn*... i remember reading stuff on their official website before the movie came out - about Jinx being this character of mystery, and you weren't sure if she was going to be good or bad.... but they copped out to popularity, and simply made her a walking, talking cliche..... but, can't even call it a waste of talent - as she isn't a great actress to being with... all it wasted was my time lol.
    It has to be the last two Brosnan films, trying for a classic gag at the end and just falling disastrously flat!
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    Endings I like:

DN - Bond letting go of the rope so he and Ursla can snog.
    FRWL - Bond chucking the film away in Venice.
    TB - awkwardly edited gadget sequence where bond infaltes the balloon thing so the plane can get him. No snogging! Looks like that plane grab thing would kill you. They used it in The Dark Knight.
    DAF - Tiffany wondering how they would get the diamonds back.
    LALD - Baron thingie on the train, laughing like a mad man. Love it.
    MR - I actually sort of like that one, reentry and all..
    OP - Bond's leg is not broken after all!
    TLD - key ring finder! 'Oh, James!'
    LTK - I happen to love the winking fish. It tells me that there may be a long wait until the next movie but James Bond will return!
    GE - I always liked the marines popping up just when they weren't needed.
    CR - Nuff said.
    QOS - ditto.

On the cheese side of things, the ones I didn't like:

TSWLM - keeping the British end up and then those blokes singing nobody does it better. Ugh.
    TWINE - oh look, Bond's heat levels are rising. Ugh.
    DAD - 'Oh stop James, pull it out,' and it turns out to be a diamond in her belly button. Ugh, ugh, ugh.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    HASEROT wrote:

isn't it funny that that 5 of his 6 Bond movies end with him on a boat, or some sort of water craft...

You Only Live Twice - ends with Bond and Kissy in a raft - that gets snuck up on by a submarine
    Diamonds Are Forver - ends with Bond and Tiffany on a boat - albeit a cruise ship, but still

If GF only had the inflatable raft onboard Pussy's plane.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    HASEROT wrote:

Water, maybe due to Bond's naval background, features in nearly every ending. It's quite clever when you think about it.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Samuel001 wrote:
    HASEROT wrote:

Water, maybe due to Bond's naval background, features in nearly every ending. It's quite clever when you think about it.

Personally, I feel the water endings are a cliche. I like it when they don't end on/near water--GF, LALD, MR, TLD, GE, QoS. The TWINE ending was lousy though.
    00Beast wrote:
    Dr. No's is pretty squirmish, too happy, yay-rah, and the ending music is kind of corny, plus the audio messes the music up badly!
    It was the first bloody film. Too happy? I thought you liked campy endings and all that jazz?

No, not really. I like a classy ending, a real good wrap-up that makes you want to go back to the pre-title sequence and watch it all over again. Such endings like FRWL's, GE's, TSWLM's, OP's, and LTK's are what I prefer.

Also, what's with the dislike for FRWL's ending? I thought it was very well done. The back projection may not be quality production, but I still love the ending, even with Connery's wave!