Is the entire second half of Die Another Day the silliest part of Brosnan's era?

13»

Comments

There's a difference between silly and stupid. DAD defines that difference. If you want silly in the Brosnan era, I'd look in the direction of Christmas Jones. She can't be stupid, after all ... she's a nuclear physicist! =))

I don't think there is anything else to add. DAD was not silly: it was downright stupid.
    The whole Boris Grishenko character in GE still annoys me.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    He was 'Invincible' you know. ;)
  • Yeah DAD has a lot of good going for it. When it's bad, it's really bad. When it's good, it's really good.

With each subsequent viewing I slowly realize that the laser fight with Mr. Kil (along with Jinx's commentary) frustrates me even more than the parasurfing (which might be because I just have a laugh at that bit).

The first half of DAD is awesome. The second half is generally not very good but it has its moments (Jinx vs. Miranda, Miranda and James, Car Chase on Ice)
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I have several complaints about GE, but Boris wasn't one of them. He was annoying as Hell, but he was supposed to be (the one character I give a pass, unlike Bond, for spouting sexual innuendos worthy of a 15 year old). His frozen corpse was worth the price of admission.

I don't mind Boris either. He's a bit of a cheesey 90s charicature but was never meant to be particularly serious and as, you say, was meant to be annoying. Hence why most of the other characters spend the film yelling at him.
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I have several complaints about GE, but Boris wasn't one of them. He was annoying as Hell, but he was supposed to be (the one character I give a pass, unlike Bond, for spouting sexual innuendos worthy of a 15 year old). His frozen corpse was worth the price of admission.

I don't mind Boris either. He's a bit of a cheesey 90s charicature but was never meant to be particularly serious and as, you say, was meant to be annoying. Hence why most of the other characters spend the film yelling at him.

I don't mind Boris either. Not the most threatening villain, but the kind you love to hate just because of his arrogance.