Should There Be Another Foot Chase in Bond 23?

13»

Comments

there are only 4 chase types: foot, ground vehicle, air and water....

i like good mix of all of them, water underwater is a bit slow but the submarine hunting can be awesome if done right.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    How about a horse chase ?
  • LudsLuds MIA
    How about a horse chase ?
    Now that at least hasn't been done in a while. It could be very exciting and different.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Alright DC, all we are doing here is repeating ourselves over and over. If Bond 23 is good, it was good because of its substance. Forget the action scenes and chases alike. Make up your mind about it and wait until you see it in theaters. And PLEASE quit comparing Bond to Jason Bourne. Not to mention the characters are ABSOLUTELY unrelated. If you call that trilogy stale your taste in movies must be a very weak palette. If you would like me to run through the chained scenes and plots in each of those films I would be happy to. And give the books a good read too so you actually have evidence to support your inevitable comeback.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I loved the 'Bourne' trilogy. Found it to be very entertaining, and I'm interested to see Renner take over the role in the coming months.
    horse chase but in a moore film he would give lieter a donkey....for a laugh! But a horse and tuk tuk chase would be interesting...

zardoz has a good horse chase scene...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2011 Posts: 15,690
    And PLEASE quit comparing Bond to Jason Bourne. Not to mention the characters are ABSOLUTELY unrelated. If you call that trilogy stale your taste in movies must be a very weak palette. If you would like me to run through the chained scenes and plots in each of those films I would be happy to. And give the books a good read too so you actually have evidence to support your inevitable comeback.
    Sorry ? The 3 Bourne films are the exact same film made 3 times... One car chase, one foot chase, one big fist fight with a villain... They were not that different from one film to the next... Do you think the Bourne films will reach 22 outings if they each feature the same 3 major action scenes ? And if I don't agree with your movie taste, doesn't mean I have a very weak palette... That is a poor excuse of an argument 'Oh you love TMWTGG and not CR ? You have a weak palette of movie taste...' You are saying I have poor tastes if I don't share your views ? Silly, stupid and rude, sorry, to the level of an IMDB fanboy, sorry...

So I see... Someone hates the Craig films, he is too dumb to understand them. Someone thinks the Bourne films are stale, he has very weak movie tastes.
    Opinion =/= Fact, ever.
    Opinion =/= Fact, ever.
    Yes. It seems 0Brady didn't understand what I meant by the Bourne films being stale - they all feature the EXACT SAME 3 major action scenes - foot chase, car chase, big fist fight. The Bond franchise would have stopped after 5 movies if it had done the same.

• LudsLuds MIA
    edited July 2011 Posts: 1,986
    Let's get back on topic in here lads, let's not fall back into bad habits and get warned for flaming ;)

I frankly couldn't care whether there's another foot chase in the next flick. A horse race, or a nice car chase would be nice imo.
    Same here, Luds. Whatever they give me, I'm sure I'll enjoy.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy, Renner is in Mission Impossible 4, not the Bourne Trilogy. The Bourne films feature Matt Damon.
    Creasy, Renner is in Mission Impossible 4, not the Bourne Trilogy. The Bourne films feature Matt Damon.
    Renner also plays the new main character of "The Bourne Legacy", the 4th 'Bourne' film (although it doesn't feature Bourne - it's a 'side-quel').
    Yep, he's in both. Damon isn't in the 'Bourne' series anymore. I read film news like a hawk, day in and day out, haha.
    And Rachel Weisz plays the main woman role in Bourne Legacy... Pretty much rules her out of being in a Bond film. So we have James Bond married to the main actress in Jason Bourne... something doesn't quite fit....
    Bourne(if you didn't know) is a highly trained assassin who has lost all memory of his past. Langley(That's the CIA Brit boy) and assassins employed go after Bourne before he rips them to shreds. The fights in the Bourne Trilogy aren't ever the SAME thing. They are choreographed expertly to show off Bourne's Kali inspired style. Each fight isn't a repeat, but completely different. Different objects, settings, and counters are put in place. Obviously Bourne will resort to fighting these operatives. They would kill him if he gave them the opening because they are all similarly trained. The car chases show off Bourne's brilliance in driving. He doesn't just wreck into his enemy, he hits their cars at the most strategic places to smash up their vehicle more than his.You can pretend all you want that the exact same thing happens all the time, but in Bourne 1 the chase is in Paris, Bourne 2 Moscow, and Bourne 3 New York. Each incorporate new mechanics and aren't just chases. They are great choreographed scenes by expert stuntmen and filmmakers. The ongoing plot is the struggled of a burned spy trying to reclaim who he his while fighting for his life, and that's a lot more deep than anything the Bond films have done pre Craig.The only question now is if you hate Matt Damon more than Daniel Craig. If you hate both, watch Damon's Good Will Hunting and Craig's Layer Cake. This issue is hardly worth continuing anymore. You'll disagree no matter, and I'll continue to analyze because I see the beauty in the films. Hate on DC.
    0Brady, back on topic please.
    @DaltonCraig007, I agree, haha. But thankfully, her and Craig will be in 'Dream House' together...when it releases in 2049.
    Proving a point. Still hasn't ticked I see.
    Proving a point. Still hasn't ticked I see.
    Stop thinking you're more intelligent than other people. I get your point, I still disagree. Now back on topic, please. You are quite rude, so please stop.
    Ahhh you've opened my eyes. Not.
    This topic has turned into a real unnecessary fight. Keep it on topic, to where we were only bickering about the chase sequences. ;-)
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Ahhh you've opened my eyes. Not.
    Hey mate, cut the BS now. Seriously, I don't want to warn people today, and I don't want to lock this thread or have to delete tons of posts. Enough.
    edited July 2011 Posts: 28,694
    Yes, I must apologize DC. I can be quite the ignorant bas@#$% at times and come off as a complete idiot when people don't like the films I like. We're all human and It would be horrible if we all liked the same things. It helps if you stick a sock in my mouth at times.
    Alright DC, all we are doing here is repeating ourselves over and over. If Bond 23 is good, it was good because of its substance. Forget the action scenes and chases alike. Make up your mind about it and wait until you see it in theaters. And PLEASE quit comparing Bond to Jason Bourne. Not to mention the characters are ABSOLUTELY unrelated. If you call that trilogy stale your taste in movies must be a very weak palette. If you would like me to run through the chained scenes and plots in each of those films I would be happy to. And give the books a good read too so you actually have evidence to support your inevitable comeback.
    Exactly. DC007 is a broken record and many of us are sick of it. Negative all the time, complaining about Craig nonstop instead of coming up with an alternative path Bond might take. So I want to see something written by him that would be better than what the writers of Bond have come up with.

Sorry if I was rude but the same song and dance from him is getting stale. If you don't like something come up with a solution instead of moaning about Craig's Bond over and over. It doesn't solve anything. Let's talk about something fresh, like Craig's era and potential tendancies, (not cliches). We have two films for him here so what can be looked back on years from now as something unique to his run can be fun.

That was the whole point of this thread, to embrace certain aspects to his individual Bond films that might be interesting to discuss.
    @The_Reaper I see you didn't read my posts - instead of another cliched foot chase to start the film... how about a horse chase ?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I don't think a horse race would be such a bad idea. It could be refreshing for sure, since the last time they did that was aeons ago. Might give the PTS a different tone than usual as well.
  • SharkShark Banned
    edited July 2011 Posts: 348
    Too many critique QoS too critically.
    How can one critique something "too critically?"
    Comparing it to DAD is an insult.
    I think that's the point.
    DAD was a completely unrealistic adventure.
    Only the second half.
    QoS incorporated REAL places
    So did DAD.
    actual physics
    Wot? Like the physically impossible (without breaking bones) Cirque du Soleil crap in that art gallery, or the sky dive, or the boat chase, or the Sonic the Hedgehog rooftop chase? It's about as authentic to the laws of physics and human physiology as a Looney Tunes cartoon.
    Any that disagree, just read above and all will be sorted out.
    Hmmm... Nothing's happened yet.
    I know all the QoS haters will still hate, but I don't care.
    Keep in denial.