No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I hope B25 doesnt take inspiration from MI Fallout, becuase it isnt that good. Like its a fine action film I guess, but it doesnt differ that much in my mind from a spectre style film. All about the action and the plot takes a back seat. So I don't like to hear Fallout and B25 in the same sentence.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Norway then Italy; all fine by me. Hope Lupita gets confirmed.
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    Possible new dates for the Italy shoot are the 18th of August to the 23rd of September. Originally reported by Italian press as beginning in April it seems it has moved to August. Could signify that Pinewood and Norway are first.

http://www.sassilive.it/cultura-e-spettacoli/cinema-cultura-e-spettacoli/james-bond-25-a-matera-il-film-si-chamera-shatterhand-riprese-dal-18-agosto-al-23-settembre-2019-prima-mondiale-l8-aprile-2020-nella-citta-dei-sassi/

Not a big surprise they moved it to later. Good sign they want a good snowy setting for Norway.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I hope B25 doesnt take inspiration from MI Fallout, becuase it isnt that good. Like its a fine action film I guess, but it doesnt differ that much in my mind from a spectre style film. All about the action and the plot takes a back seat. So I don't like to hear Fallout and B25 in the same sentence.
    Very true @JamesBondKenya, I remember when I saw some of the shots in the first trailer for Fallout, I thought well Christopher has definitely seen Spectre. I think these films need to try and separate themselves from each-other more because if MI keeps borrowing from James Bond, we're never gonna hear the end of this comparison. It almost seems like MI does on-purpose so that they get fans to have these big discussions about which franchise is better, and try to one up Bond by shouting "Cruise does his own stunts" from the rooftop. Daniel Craig was on that train, just saying...
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?

Thing is, MI Fallout has both excellent action which complements a cohesive, decent, well told narrative.

Spectre has neither excellent action or a cohesive narraitve.
    Has anyone taken notice of that large window on the ground floor of the Norwegian house? For a view? To trow someone through it?

Bond25_Noruega_VG_Foto0.png?fit=702%2C336&ssl=1
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Possible new dates for the Italy shoot are the 18th of August to the 23rd of September. Originally reported by Italian press as beginning in April it seems it has moved to August. Could signify that Pinewood and Norway are first.

http://www.sassilive.it/cultura-e-spettacoli/cinema-cultura-e-spettacoli/james-bond-25-a-matera-il-film-si-chamera-shatterhand-riprese-dal-18-agosto-al-23-settembre-2019-prima-mondiale-l8-aprile-2020-nella-citta-dei-sassi/

Not a big surprise they moved it to later. Good sign they want a good snowy setting for Norway.

Would make sense too with the set construction being done currently in Norway
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Univex wrote: »
    Has anyone taken notice of that large window on the ground floor of the Norwegian house? For a view? To trow someone through it?

I will be very interested to see how this building is used. It doesn't seem like a very Bondian build at the moment, but I'm sure the film will make me swallow those words, especially with Sandgren's cinematography.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

WTF the article seems plausible speaking about Matera, but they report MEGHAN MARKLE as a possible Bond girl. Hilarious!!! Sounds like clickbait for old ladies...
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,677
    matt_u wrote: »

WTF the article seems plausible speaking about Matera, but they report MEGHAN MARKLE as a possible Bond girl. Hilarious!!! Sounds like clickbait for old ladies...

Sometimes I truly believe this film (just a stupid comedy with Wilson) was visionary. We truly are living in a brain dead age.
    v1.bTsxMTIxNDgzNDtqOzE4MDM5OzEyMDA7MTQ3MDsxOTYw
    Ludovico wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    octofinger wrote: »

That looks a better fit to me. The other rumoured Norwegian location was nice, but fairly generic (it could've been Canada, the northern USA, other parts of Scandinavia, etc.). For me, if they're going to use Norway at all - and I very much hope they do - they should really go for dramatic landscapes.

Norway is far less generic than any part of the USA and Canada, surely.

Then there’s a great deal of the USA and Canada that you’ve never seen.

Yes but that's not the point: the USA has often been done, obviously in many movies. And Canada was often used to pass as the US in movies and TV series. In any case, Norway is much more exotic and lesser seen in movies. Hence my comment.

I don't want to see Yank Land in Bond, but there is no question Hollywood has only showcased at best 10% of USA.

Maybe because it is familiar to Americans and they want to see something else on the big screen? Just a theory.

You're probably right. I'm an European, and a europeist at that, and although I've traveled the world, the last place I want to see in a Bond flick is north America. Even if that means they'll keep coming back to Italy over and over again ;)

I don't mind Italy because, well, it's Italy.
    Denbigh wrote: »

I will be very interested to see how this building is used. It doesn't seem like a very Bondian build at the moment, but I'm sure the film will make me swallow those words, especially with Sandgren's cinematography.

I actually like it very much. There is something about it that I find very Bondian. Must be the snow. Not sure why but I love this set.
    Would be nice to get a Bond tidbit or two during the Oscars, but I won’t hold my breath. Probably the conference is when we’ll get most of the big news, and that’s got to be at least a month away.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

That looks a better fit to me. The other rumoured Norwegian location was nice, but fairly generic (it could've been Canada, the northern USA, other parts of Scandinavia, etc.). For me, if they're going to use Norway at all - and I very much hope they do - they should really go for dramatic landscapes.

Yes but that's not the point: the USA has often been done, obviously in many movies. And Canada was often used to pass as the US in movies and TV series. In any case, Norway is much more exotic and lesser seen in movies. Hence my comment.

I don't want to see Yank Land in Bond, but there is no question Hollywood has only showcased at best 10% of USA.

Maybe because it is familiar to Americans and they want to see something else on the big screen? Just a theory.

You're probably right. I'm an European, and a europeist at that, and although I've traveled the world, the last place I want to see in a Bond flick is north America. Even if that means they'll keep coming back to Italy over and over again ;)

I actually like it very much. There is something about it that I find very Bondian. Must be the snow. Not sure why but I love this set.
    Hmm interesting, I'm not really sure why I don't see it. It's probably because I can't imagine what kind of sequence we're going to see. To be honest, it reminds me somewhat of the opening of The American with George Clooney, which then makes to start to worry about the treatment of Madeleine Swann again. I really hope we don't get 007 leant over the body of Madeleine Swann in the snow...
  • The only thing that would make me feel more certain that this film is moving forward and Fukunaga is getting to do his thing, is when Variety, Hollywood Reporter or Deadline reveal casting.

We know Malek starts Mr Robot next Monday accoridng to this tweet:

I don't think the filming moving to April makes any more of a difference to the situation as concerning Malek's involvement.

For those keeping track at home, Malek will be finished Mr. Robot at the end of July. IF he is the villain, perhaps Italy is his 'lair' location.

Certainly, there's at least 8 weeks of filming left after he finishes MR. Could shoot some scenes in Pinewood, then Italy.

IF he's part of this.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    edited February 2019 Posts: 1,755

This was posted on AJB. Interview with Rodrigo Perez who wrote the playlist article about Scott Burns. He elaborates on some of the info. he dropped in that article.
    Minion wrote: »
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    EDIT: A quick Google search shows that village is a ski resort, so...
    Take all these individual pieces: an older Craig, snowy Norway rumored for the PTS and at a ski resort no less, a currently trendy actor rumored for the role of lead villain and a popular black actress we’re hoping is being considered for a henchwoman, and it all begins to sound a bit like... A View to a Kill.

CJF’s first Bond film? A View to a Kill.

The younger villain against an older Bond certainly has an AVTAK vibe over it. Wonderful! :-D

I love this line of thought! Here's hoping. Just need a Barry-esqe score and we're all set.

I'm really looking forward to finding out who the composer for B25 is. Hopefully we'll know in a few weeks time!

I really hope they bring back David Arnold.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

This was posted on AJB. Interview with Rodrigo Perez who wrote the playlist article about Scott Burns. He elaborates on some of the info. he dropped in that article.
    It's very obvious that they were not aware of Burns already being half-way through the script. They probably recorded this before Baz gave us that scoop.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    FoxRox wrote: »

Meghan Markle?!?
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited February 2019 Posts: 1,756

Very good talk.
    Any new info? Sadly I'm travelling and can't listen in at the moment.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    This video above has completely destroyed the little amount of doubt that I had. It just comes across like this script will be a real improvement on what we go in Spectre. I'm so excited to see this film :D
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    edited February 2019 Posts: 1,755
    This video above has completely destroyed the little amount of doubt that I had. It just comes across like this script will be a real improvement on what we go in Spectre. I'm so excited to see this film :D

I agree! We just need to hope everyone is pleased with what Burns turns in.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

I agree! We just need to hope everyone is pleased with what Burns turns in.
    Fingers crossed :)
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Take all these individual pieces: an older Craig, snowy Norway rumored for the PTS and at a ski resort no less, a currently trendy actor rumored for the role of lead villain and a popular black actress we’re hoping is being considered for a henchwoman, and it all begins to sound a bit like... A View to a Kill.

The younger villain against an older Bond certainly has an AVTAK vibe over it. Wonderful! :-D

I love this line of thought! Here's hoping. Just need a Barry-esqe score and we're all set.

I'm really looking forward to finding out who the composer for B25 is. Hopefully we'll know in a few weeks time!

That would be great!
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,677

That would be great!
    Wouldn't mind that at all. His last work (QOS) was one of his best.

That would be great!
    Wouldn't mind that at all. His last work (QOS) was one of his best.

It really was. Not expecting it to happen though, so I'll be happy as long as they bring in a composer that delivers a good score.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited February 2019 Posts: 4,554

Hmm interesting, I'm not really sure why I don't see it. It's probably because I can't imagine what kind of sequence we're going to see. To be honest, it reminds me somewhat of the opening of The American with George Clooney, which then makes to start to worry about the treatment of Madeleine Swann again. I really hope we don't get 007 leant over the body of Madeleine Swann in the snow...

We are thinking alike @Denbigh
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Presumably if Bond has retired, he must be in hiding. In Norway?

They could do worse than the plot of Nobody Lives Forever.
    Bond is going to have some grey hair in this film too craig said. I think bond is going to be me white 2.0
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Bond is going to have some grey hair in this film too craig said. I think bond is going to be me white 2.0
    Huh?