If Mr. White returns for future Bond films(Craig films or future films) who would play him?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Interesting. I'll have to watch.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Quite. I would have enjoyed having a majority of these scenes in CR.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I think I heard this somewhere before, but wasn't a scene with Bond shooting Mr. White filmed? If so, why not just use that to show Mr. White's demise?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Kerim there was. Initially QoS was to end with Bond confronting White and Guy Haines, who was seen amongst other Quantum members at Bregenze. 007 infiltrates Haines's estate in a 1 minute shot, killing White and ending with the classic gun barrel. Haines would probably then be brought in, as M already warned Bond, because Haines is an advisor to the British Prime Minister. Bond 24 may have this included at the beginning, and continue on from there if Christensen doesn't want to return. If it was already filmed then I can't think why they would bring White back. It seems to be a good sendoff, and the rest of the movie could focus on treading dangerous ground killing a high echelon member of Quantum(Haines).
    @Kerim there was. Initially QoS was to end with Bond confronting White and Guy Haines, who was seen amongst other Quantum members at Bregenze. 007 infiltrates Haines's estate in a 1 minute shot, killing White and ending with the classic gun barrel. Haines would probably then be brought in, as M already warned Bond, because Haines is an advisor to the British Prime Minister. Bond 24 may have this included at the beginning, and continue on from there if Christensen doesn't want to return. If it was already filmed then I can't think why they would bring White back. It seems to be a good sendoff, and the rest of the movie could focus on treading dangerous ground killing a high echelon member of Quantum(Haines).
    Unless it was a typo, what about Bond 23?
    Bond 23 is going in the direction of something new from all I've heard. I figure Bond 23 takes a Quantum break and then Bond 24 picks up Bond finding White and starts off the film.
    Ahh, okay, okay, I understand now. That would be interesting. By 'something new', do you mean everything, or just something new in terms of the storyline? I've read recently that they wanted to branch off from the Quantum storyline, which is understandable. I wouldn't mind seeing something fresh and new, which is more edged towards with the possibility of MP appearing.
    That's exactly what I mean. Bond 23 could happen then come Bond 24 Quantum makes headlines or does something covertly destructive and Bond gets a track on White and Haines. Something of that nature. Then Craig can go out with the end of Quantum if he sadly decides not to continue on. I too am excited for a new storyline. The cast and crew from directors to crew are talented to the bone and I can't wait to see the Craig-Mendes dynamic. I feel Craig has been weighed down by all this Quantum banter and needs a break so his Bond has a new plot and enemy to face. Craig will definitely enjoy himself this movie. He is being led by a new director who he has already worked with and both understand how the other works, he is happily married to the beautiful Rachel Weisz, and Quantum is sitting out for a film. I have high hopes and I know EON can do it!
    You and I both! The absence of Quantum could be easily stated in Bond 23, as they were just heavily fooled by one man in two different situations; why not take a break? Here come the new bad guys, and once Bond 23 ends, here comes Quantum again. It would be a nice way for Craig to step out of the Bond role, if he does manage to do a fourth Bond.
    I've a hope that Mr White (Christensen) will return in Bond 24 even if it will be a short role or even cameo.
    And if Mr. Christensen won't agree to come back producers will use filmed and unused scene from QoS with Haines and White.
    Librarian wrote:
    I've a hope that Mr White (Christensen) will return in Bond 24 even if it will be a short role or even cameo.
    And if Mr. Christensen won't agree to come back producers will use filmed and unused scene from QoS with Haines and White.

I hope he comes back for a bigger role.

He released a statement that said he was completely misquoted in that interview, which leads me to believe he may have already been asked to return for a future installment. It seems odd that he would stay quiet if he was really misquoted for so long only to come out at the announcement of SKYFALL and say he was indeed misquoted.

I hope he returns for a large role in 24. I love him, the actor, and I love his character. He plays bad so.. good. I'd like to see him high in the ranks of Quantum, and a good cat/mouse chase with him and Bond in 24.

For me the reason why Mr White is so popular is because of how well Jesper Christenson plays the part. He is intelligent and ruthless!

An older Quantum equivelent of Bond but obviously not as physisical. Clearly White is a high ranker in Quantum else he would have been killed like Greene. Mr White may have had little screen time to which i agree. However? What an impact he has had!

A bit like dear old Desmond Lewellyns Q! Was it abit over 17 mins give or take in all those movies? I wanna see JC back in the role of Me White! He has in a way been like the Blofeld of Quantum by being one step ahead of Bond!

Definately more of this please as when Bond does finally despatch him? It will be worth waiting for! Which i think will be DC's final outing in Bond 25! Giving him 2 movies to finish Quantum!
    I'd like Bond 24 to wrap up Quantum and then have 25 be another separate adventure. I still don't think White is as high up in Quantum as some believe. His strings are still being pulled it seems, like he is on level ground and rank with all the members talking at the Bregenz Opera House in QoS. Greene died because he failed, while White did his job by getting the money in CR. He just got shot and captured by Bond, but he never failed at what his job for Quantum was. Greene on the other hand failed when Bond got on his trail, and was killed off. We can evidence that from the information M gives Bond at the end of QoS.
    The thing is that they suggest Quantum is worldwide? So i think 2 movies would be needed? Bond 24 is where the Quantum organisation is taken apart, where Bond 25 could be the persuit of the Head of the regime?

Has their ever been a persuit Bond film?
    RogueAgent wrote:
    The thing is that they suggest Quantum is worldwide? So i think 2 movies would be needed? Bond 24 is where the Quantum organisation is taken apart, where Bond 25 could be the persuit of the Head of the regime?

Has their ever been a persuit Bond film?

But Bond could just go after the members affecting the British government, like Haines. I don't want three films all about Quantum. I also don't want Craig's era to be referred to as the "Quantum era". Connery had Spectre, but we don't see Blofeld's mug until YOLT and the mystery was always there with new members for Bond to take on every film, ie. Dr. No, Klebb, Largo, so on. I want Craig's Bond to explore more things, aside from Quantum.
    i can understand that, but feel that Quantum has alot of potential?
    RogueAgent wrote:

Agreed, and wouldn't we want Eon to finish the story. Its looks un-professional to start something over two films and not finish it.

Besides, Quantum wasn't the problem with CR or QoS. In fact its probably on of the stronger parts of Craig's films.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Well, I do wish I could see the added shots; it is interesting. Thanks for sharing!
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I'm not saying there isn't potential, but a break after Bond kills of White, Haines, and damages the organization severely enough to have Quantum back off for a while would be warranted. I want more Bond films with Craig devoid of Quantum. It is becoming to attached to his films.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Agreed, and wouldn't we want Eon to finish the story. Its looks un-professional to start something over two films and not finish it.

Besides, Quantum wasn't the problem with CR or QoS. In fact its probably on of the stronger parts of Craig's films.

I don't see it as unprofessional. I think it would be more unprofessional to have Quantum in every Bond film after Skyfall until the formula gets stale. Now that could hurt both Craig's standing as Bond as well as the films themselves.
    I don't mind a break like they did with GF in the connery era. But some have suggested that they should forget all about Quantum? Personally i think that would be a real shame.

Like Spectre there is mystery to Quantum because we don't know how far, big, and deep they go around the world? What an opportunity to take Bond to locations around the world that he has not been too before with a professional interest already built up.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I don't mind a break like they did with GF in the connery era. But some have suggested that they should forget all about Quantum? Personally i think that would be a real shame.

Like Spectre there is mystery to Quantum because we don't know how far, big, and deep they go around the world? What an opportunity to take Bond to locations around the world that he has not been too before with a professional interest already built up.

I'm not saying to scrap Quantum, just lay off it for a bit. Quantum doesn't necessarily have to end in Craig's era. He seems to enjoy not having to deal with a Quantum storyline for Skyfall, and I understand why. It had its time in CR and QoS. Skyfall is a nice break, and if it turns out to be as successful as everyone is shouting about, Quantum may appear less and less, being replaced by separate GF-like Bond films, which I am more than happy with.
    I'm not saying there isn't potential, but a break after Bond kills of White, Haines, and damages the organization severely enough to have Quantum back off for a while would be warranted. I want more Bond films with Craig devoid of" Quantum. It is becoming to attached to his films.

He's done two films. That's not enough to fairly say Craig will be known only for Quantum.

Personally, I'd be content if 24 finished off Quantum, showed us everything we needed and killed them off. That'd be great, just as long as they finish strong on the Quantum front. I don't want them to leave it with White the last we ever see of them. And, like you said, I'd like the possibility of them being able to come back further down the road.

I see Craig going on to 26, I don't know why people think it will stop at 24 or 25. That way we get 3 with Quantum, 3 without. A perfect balance.
    i would be happy with that! :D
    Dan can be Bond for as longs as he wishes, you won't hear any complaints from me!
    Dan can be Bond for as longs as he wishes, you won't hear any complaints from me!

Same, but realistically I think 26 is the golden number.
    Librarian wrote:
    Not necessarily. The director may not choose to use it at all.
    I hope for JC to return as Mr White in Bond 24?!!! [-O<
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Not sure why theres all this excitement to see Mr White return as if hes some sort of integral character who runs Quantum.

Hes merely a heavy (however nicely played by Jesper). His responsibilities include arranging a meeting between Obanno and Le Chiffre, killing off Le Chiffre and picking up the money from a canal: hardly the sort of menial tasks you would expect Blofeld to embark on. For him to suddenly be revealed as somwhere near the head of Quantum would be utterly nonsensical.

That said I never like a villain to get away (Nick Nack and Koskovs demises are somewhat unsatisfying) so next time Quantum are featured I'm not against him returning just so long as he knows his place - which is as a link in the chain for Bond to get to the top of Quantum.
    he is like the Baron samedi of Craig's bonds. he just keeps coming back! ;) lol