Blame Roger Moore for Everthing !

ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
in Actors Posts: 13,384
Thought this might help as poor old Sir Roger, is taking a lot of abuse on other threads. So in a way
Of hopefully clearing up those threads, perhaps his detractors could post here ? Leaving the rest of
Us to have a pleasant discussion on all things Bond.
I'll even begin with a few ........... ;)

Roger Moore is solely to blame for " Global Warming".
Sadly yes all his big Bond Movies jet setting across the globe, taking us to all those
Exotic locations ! Yep His Fault.
The reduction in oil reserves, Yes Roger again all those fantastic car chases in his
Films have used up plenty of petrol.

So please feel free to vent your anger here. :)

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Great idea Sir.

Now we won't need to be subjected doubleohdad's drivel as he can just put all his posts here.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I thought it might give them somewhere to direct their anger, or
    Even somewhere they could be directed to, when trying to derail
    A thread. :)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Exactly. Direct them here, or the negative only thread, and flag them if they don't follow the forum etiquette. I mean really, just common sense and common courtesy.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Sir Roger is to blame for keeping Bond alive and bringing in several million fans.. I also blame Sir Roger for supporting UNICEF and other various causes...

Agree with Sir Roger's interpretation of Bond or not (I wish he had respected the character more), I'm tired of all the negative threads.

But that's just me... carry on then.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2015 Posts: 15,690
    I blame Sir Rog for making me raise my eyebrows several times each day.
    I blame Roger Moore for getting me into Martial Arts ! As a young teen
    I thought watching him " Bond can handle himself in a fight, I'd like to
    Do that" ....... So for many years I Did. :D
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I blame him solely for my enjoyment of LALD. and OP, and some Moore Bond-films.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I blame Sir Rog for making me a Bond fan in the first place. After seeing TSWLM and OP I was hooked. Blast.
    Why Sir Rog...why.
    I blame Sir Roger for making it all look so easy, that some people
    Don't realise how much work goes in to " making it look easy" .
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Oh and I forgot! Thanks to his OP, of which he was solely responsible of course, I wnated to visit Udaipur in India, which I did. His fault entirely! I should claim my travel expenses!
  • I blame Sir Roger Moore for the economic crisis by being a tax exile. I blame Roger Moore for not supporting the country he represented in film.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I guess you're not a fan of Sean Connery or Michael Caine either then.
    I also blame Roger Moore for being nice all the time. I don't recall any of his co-stars or colleagues ever saying anything bad about him. How can he be such a decent chap all the time.
    I blame Roger Moore for giving me so many laughs over the years, and so
    Many shared moments with Me and my Dad, laughing at one of his quips.
    I blame Sir Roger for being such a good and loyal friend to Cubby. For always coming through to play Bond when Cubby needed him and never giving him a hard time about money like Sir Sean Connery did. I blame Roger for staying in touch with Cubby until the day he died unlike sir Sean.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I blame Roger for making me think that Rogering is OK to do in the real world.
  • I blame Roger Moore for making me the person I am today. He's been my rolemodel ever since I was 7. A hero, a true gent!
    Benny wrote: »
    I guess you're not a fan of Sean Connery or Michael Caine either then.
    I also blame Roger Moore for being nice all the time. I don't recall any of his co-stars or colleagues ever saying anything bad about him. How can he be such a decent chap all the time.
    He sure can't! It's a cover up!

I think he's a secret agent or something. must be. I call it "Gupta's Law of Convenient Anomalies" - if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I blame Roger Moore for being the best Roger Moore that he could possibly be and for never allowing anyone else to be a better Roger Moore.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I blame Roger Moore for making me the person I am today. He's been my rolemodel ever since I was 7. A hero, a true gent!

I'm with this. Sir Moore was my first role model, and even though he's not been in too many films since his Bond days, whenever I need some healing & guidance after a rough period so to speak, I put on a Moore film as inspiration. Darn you Sir Rog!

I also blame him for being so consistent in his characterization and portrayal of Bond over a long 12 year period. How dare he?

:)) Moore as a role model must be catching. I too had him as my role
    Model growing up. :)
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Roger Moore helped create a new potent form of venereal disease, courtesy of May Day
    Are you speaking from experience ? ;)
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Oh, yes, your medical records were some of the data leaked in the sony fiasco;) sorry you had to find out this way
    I think he once saved the planet by destroying a meteorite by his awesomeness. I blame him for that as well.
    Couldn't be me my order doesn't allow any physical contact. ;)
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    If I was picking a Bond as a role model it would be Roger's and it's not close.
  • Sark wrote: »
    If I was picking a Bond as a role model it would be Roger's and it's not close.
    The only role that Sir Rog is good for is a pastry roll. Rolling around like a pastry that is
    Out of interest, do you and doubleodad use the same keyboard ? :D
  • DrGorner wrote: »
    Out of interest, do you and doubleodad use the same keyboard ? :D

I really don't like that keyboard...

This discussion has been closed.