Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes Confirmed for 'Bond 23'? Naomie Harris as Moneypenny?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    And with the way I've seen Harris in her other films, I think she would be a great fit for Moneypenny. My only concern with it is because - to me, anyway - that she is such a big actress, she may not get enough screentime as I had hoped she would if she were a Bond girl. But, they could surprise us.
  • Sanjeev what's his name as Q? Has this rumor any credibility?

SHLCC - when you have to explain your whitey remarks it tends to suggest, no matter how apologetic or whatever the rationale, as a touch BNP/EDL. But it's ok by me, as you know the world....

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Turns out Harris wasn't reading lines from QoS but rather the train sequence from CR.
    @doubleo, I would have loved to see that audition.
    What I find strange is that if Harris is playing Moneypenny, and I'm not saying she isn't, why did her auditions involve scenes from QOS? She should have been doing scenes from the films that involved Penny. Maybe she just said QOS to throw people off if indeed this is the case.

I just hope she isn't a reincarnation of Samantha Bond's smart mouthed, annoying portrayal of the character. Still, if the film is anything like QOS or/and the Brosnan films then I won't care anyway.

I think Harris's looks are a bit above average which is appropriate for Penny. If she is M's new secretary then I think she's a good choice.
    Although I think she probably is Moneypenny, EON probably just picked a scene that would test her, and see how far they could take her. As for doing a scene with MP in, let's face it: the Samantha Bond scenes weren't much cop, and anything before that would probably seem outdated.

I certainly don't think she will be a reincarnation of Samantha Bond's Penny. I see Harris as a more cosmopolitan and efficient character with a fun streak inside her. Indeed, it would be a great match for Craig's Bond. What would be interesting is the relationship between her and M, or the hypothetical future M.
    And if Bond keeps his ways like he always has with Moneypenny - the quips and the flirting - might we see Bond and Moneypenny hooking up anytime soon? Harris certainly has the looks for it. She's incredibly beautiful.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2011 Posts: 13,350
    And if Bond keeps his ways like he always has with Moneypenny - the quips and the flirting - might we see Bond and Moneypenny hooking up anytime soon? Harris certainly has the looks for it. She's incredibly beautiful.
    I hope not, even Die Another Day took it too far. Hardly any flirting is needed at all in my opinion.
    I hope not, even Die Another Day took it too far. Hardly any flirting is needed at all in my opinion.
    I just never really found Samantha to be all that attractive. I can forgive DAD for doing this because that whole film was out there: invisible cars, virtual reality, flying with a makeshift parachute. Perhaps the inevitable flirtation if Bond 23 -- if given -- will be even more interesting, given it's Craig's first time having Moneypenny around. Can't wait to see how they handle it.
    I just never really found Samantha to be all that attractive.
    I don't think the shorter hair helped. I liked her in GoldenEye but not one of her scenes was really memorable.
    I can forgive DAD for doing this because that whole film was out there: invisible cars, virtual reality, flying with a makeshift parachute.
    I can't. It was as if EON were trying to add one bad thing after another.
    Perhaps the inevitable flirtation if Bond 23 -- if given -- will be even more interesting, given it's Craig's first time having Moneypenny around. Can't wait to see how they handle it.
    I agree. I'm looking forward to Moneypenny returning, whenever that may be and her they handle her - hopefully more like in the novels.
    Yeah, I was none too crazy about the short hair. DAD...ehh. I still picked it up on blu-ray, but it really doesn't do the film justice. It's a Bond film, so I'll still watch it, but when I do, I'm almost embarassed just by watching some of the parts in the film. And yes, I'm very interested to see how they will handle Moneypenny now; this also leads me to question who will be the new Bond girl.
    DAD...ehh. I still picked it up on blu-ray, but it really doesn't do the film justice. It's a Bond film, so I'll still watch it, but when I do, I'm almost embarassed just by watching some of the parts in the film.
    Huh, me too!
    And yes, I'm very interested to see how they will handle Moneypenny now; this also leads me to question who will be the new Bond girl.
    All in good time. Who knows, it may even be Harris. :)
    Very interesting! And yes, it very well could be. I'm just extremely happy these rumors are swirling up for a Bond film that now has a confirmed release date. In a few months, it will start filming, rumors will become facts, and before we know it, here comes a trailer, poster, and stills.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2011 Posts: 4,441
    With Brosnan (After The Sunset)

Interview at some delay show

Whyle she mabey be Moneypenny, Naomi Harris is Buddhist and India is a country with the Buddhist believe. Picking a English actres with Buddhist believe can show you not realy needed to be in India to have this believe. People Every Where remember.

Picture with the moost Moneypenny look.
    Wow, she's so attractive.
    the nmore i see of her i hope she is tghe main bond girl or that money penny becomes a bond girl sorry for conventions but Naoomie is to cute to not be a bond girl...
    I agree heavily, Risico. She's perfect for a Bond girl, and too beautiful to be cooped up in an office.
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 2,598
    It's funny, I think she looks beautiful and sexy in the photo that is 3rd (excluding the you tube clip) from the top where you can only see her necklace and not what she is wearing but in the rest of them I think she just looks a bit above average. Oh, except for the next one down where she is in black. She looks attractive in this but not as beautiful as she is in the photo above that I originally mentioned. I have always thought that women look more attractive with straight hair as opposed to curly. I think shorter hair suits Harris better as it does Izabella Scorupco in Goldeneye.

Is that interviewer in the You Tube clip Scottish ? I like his accent.

Finsbury Park - I used to work up there. LOL.
    Very interesting! And yes, it very well could be. I'm just extremely happy these rumors are swirling up for a Bond film that now has a confirmed release date. In a few months, it will start filming, rumors will become facts, and before we know it, here comes a trailer, poster, and stills.
    That's how it works all right. The countdown to filming seems to be well and truely on. And maybe in the next few weeks Craig will throw us a bone during his Cowboys & Aliens interviews.
    I do hope so, Samuel. Just like Dench spoke up on the Bond 23 script the other day, I can only hope Craig chooses to share some details during his Cowboys & Aliens interviews, as well.
    I do hope so, Samuel. Just like Dench spoke up on the Bond 23 script the other day, I can only hope Craig chooses to share some details during his Cowboys & Aliens interviews, as well.
    With official pre-production training for him underway by then, I should hope so. He'll be back in full Bond mode.
    I don't think it's possible for me to get excited for any film like I do for the Bond series. And since I'm a youngin', I'll be 21 by the time Bond 23 is released, so I'll be hitting up the Alamo Drafthouse close-to-home to have myself a Vodka Martini as I watch.

Also, Samuel, I just read up on your discussion posted in April about Bardem and 'Dark Tower'. If it's still true, then we only have a few more weeks to wait and see if it is greenlit, so we'll have a better idea of whether Bardem will be doing that or 'Bond 23'. I can't wait.

• SHLCC - when you have to explain your whitey remarks it tends to suggest, no matter how apologetic or whatever the rationale, as a touch BNP/EDL. But it's ok by me, as you know the world....
    BNP? EDL? Please. I'd sooner punch all of them in the head than join them. I'm a Democrat and a witch to boot. They'd feel the same about me, and probably worse. And how do you know that I'm a "whitey"? I could be any race for all anyone here knows. I could be Japanese, right? Would it be wrong then for me to prefer a Romula Garai to Naomie Harris as Moneypenny? Probably not I'd guess. Can't it then simply be a choice of preferring to see the same physical types of people playing roles one is used to seeing them in? I stand by my words here. If they hire Naomie Harris as Moneypenny, my decision is to give her the chance as an actor to entertain us as the character. I'm hoping I'll enjoy her portrayal more than I did that of Bliss and Bond, neither of whom IMHO could hold a candle to the sadly departed Lois Maxwell :-((
  • I read that they are still going for Amy Winehouse, and we know that Daniel Craig wants Kings of Leon to do the theme song. But, time will tell.

As for Harris as Moneypenny, I agree: Moneypenny, M, Q, none of them should be based off of the color of their skin. My only upset with this news is that I really thought Harris was going to play the main Bond girl, which I believe that she could seriously hold her own in some action sequences, and now she's Moneypenny, so I may not see as much of her as I hoped. Only a few months from production, so hopefully all this news get cleared up soon and we find out who will be who
    I am praying they give up on the idea of Winehouse. She can't even get on stage and remember the words to her own songs. She needs to get clean and fast before any rational person should consider hiring her. Why would they want that headache after Leo nearly got put to sleep? I'm definitely joining any campaign to get Shirley Bassey singing another Bond song, that is for sure.

You're right that Naomie is certainly a beautiful lady. Most men, myself included, would jump to be with a lady like that. She has great potential to be the female lead if EON chooses to cast her that way, and a memorable one at that if the character is correctly developed. We'll all find out when we do I guess.
    Shirley Bassey? Yes, please. She'd win my vote any day.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @acton I have to disagree. Mathieu and Mads weren't no names. There are each talented and skilled actors, just that Mathieu is big in France and Mads in Denmark and surrounding areas.
    Mathieu's other films are among some of my favorites - Munich (most certainly my favorite film of all time) and The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (truly touching, dramatic film) - and Mads, with Flame and Citron (excellent Danish WWII drama) and Valhalla Rising. Both are extremely talented actors.
    So what if Harris is a Bond Girl that turns out to be Moneypenny?
  • @Char35t You know, I was actually thinking of something along those lines as well. I think that would be a neat way for the character to get reintroduced into the series. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is what ends up being the case.
    Wow, I never thought of that. Good catch, Char35t. We get both an introduction to Moneypenny, all the while getting to enjoy Harris as a Bond girl. And if Bond does bed Harris, then that is perfect explanation for the constant, inevitable flirtation between Bond and MP.
  • And if Bond does bed Harris, then that is perfect explanation for the constant, inevitable flirtation between Bond and MP.
    Exactly. Great point. I could really see this happening. This would satisfy the desires of not only those who thought she'd be terrific as Moneypenny, but those who wanted to see her as a "Bond girl" also.