Which film was M the nastiest towards Bond ?

2»

Comments

Murdock wrote: »
    TMWTGG was a pretty terrible movie wasn't it? :))

Not all of it, but it is marred by comedy. Not the worst Bond, but maybe the most frustrating one.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883
    For me it's QoS, only because Judi Dench played it a little mean (I'm talking about her acting). When she's removing her makeup in her washroom and asking Bond to come in from the field I actually got the chills...if looks could kill...

I realize there are other scenes where M is mean to 007, including DAD, the beginning of GE when she puts him down condescendingly, LTK & TMWTGG (although I never could see Bernard Lee as mean....he was such an old trooper from the start that I just had great affection for him regardless of how he spoke to Bond....like gramps)..

It's just Dench's demeanour when confronting Bond in that scene, and the other scenes in Qos (including the part when she confronts him about killing Slate) that just made it meaner for me. Perhaps she gives me subconscious memories of an old maths teacher I used to have that scared the living daylights (no pun intended) out of me!

I agree that M was a total prick in NSNA as well.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    TMWTGG was a pretty terrible movie wasn't it? :))

Not all of it, but it is marred by comedy. Not the worst Bond, but maybe the most frustrating one.

I think I've said before that I'd like to see a fan edit where some of the more idiotic things were removed. Things like the slide whistle, the girls kung fu fighting, as much of JW Pepper as possible (perhaps with some digital editing it's possible to remove him altogether), flying cars, midget fights..actually if we did that there wouldn't be much left.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Silly silly American man.