Your favorite Ken Adam set?

Comments

So many to choose from. Always liked the model of Fort Knox in GF and the sliding snooker/billiards table
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Obviously, the volcano set is quite outstanding but then, most of his sets are. One that always gets me is the anteroom in DN. So simple, and the atmosphere it creates is something else. A brilliant designer.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    In the history of no-brainers this got to be the ultimate one!!

YOLT volcano

any other answer will immediately be punished by having to live in the Ice Palace of Gustav Graves forever, and no, neither Jinx nor Frost will be there. Tao might be though.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Either the volcano missile silo, or Stromberg's HQ, Atlantis.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited November 2016 Posts: 17,816
    In the history of no-brainers this got to be the ultimate one!!

YOLT volcano

any other answer will immediately be punished by having to live in the Ice Palace of Gustav Graves forever, and no, neither Jinx nor Frost will be there. Tao might be though.

Zao? You're not selling it well! :))
    Obviously, the volcano set is quite outstanding but then, most of his sets are. One that always gets me is the anteroom in DN. So simple, and the atmosphere it creates is something else. A brilliant designer.

The anteroom is genius
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Dr. No's reactor control room.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Volcano ...most iconic at least. He was brilliant, wasn't he?

• KaijuDirectorOO7KaijuDirectorOO7 Once Upon a Time Somewhere...
    edited November 2016 Posts: 189
    In descending order: Volcano Lair, The Whyte House Bridal Suite (sans the questionably thought-out fish tank bed) and Blofeld's Offices, SPECTRE Board Room in Paris, Liparus and Atlantis, and Fort Knox.

Honorable mention for the Moonraker Station interior.
    The Supertanker for me, followed by The Volcano, Ft Knox, and Dr No's Reactor Control Room. The Space Station is overlooked at times, but is pure Ken Adam genius.
    I also feel M's office in the Ken Adam films, is definitive. I liked the red padded door, M's painting's, the desk, and overall look, especially in DR NO. The differences in the later Moore/Lamont films, FYEO for instance, is subtle, but there.
    Agreed about M's office. It's so iconic you almost forget that Adam designed it at some point. He was great at period interiors as well as hyper modern ones.

The panelled dining room in TSWLM in the underwater baddy base is also awesome.

And before he designed Bond he was one of only a few German fighter pilots in the RAF during WW2. What a legend.
    Is there at all anything that Ken Adam created that could be even called not great?
    Is there at all anything that Ken Adam created that could be even called not great?

My thoughts exactly. The man had style, class and he was the very definition of greatness.
    Even the bathroom interior in Pussy Galore's jet was great. Love that circular mirror thing.

ToTheRight wrote: »
    Even the bathroom interior in Pussy Galore's jet was great. Love that circular mirror thing.

OMG yes, I love that plane's interior! I want to live in that, of course with that stewardess and even Pussy can stay if it must be :P
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'd love to have Tiger's office. It looks so comfortable and with those funky TV's with YOLT playing on them is also a nice touch. :P
    ToTheRight wrote: »

OMG yes, I love that plane's interior! I want to live in that, of course with that stewardess and even Pussy can stay if it must be :P

Bond's seat had plenty of leg room as well and not overcrowded where passengers are packed like sardines. Bond had enough elbow room in the bathroom to open his suitcase, shave, and get changed without wrinkling his suit. I tried that on United Airlines once and it certainly wasn't as smooth. Bond travels in style.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2016 Posts: 23,883
    What about Blofeld's toilet atop the Whyte tower? That was a bit drab imho.
    bondjames wrote: »

Maybe, although I always find this scene so funny.

Maybe, although I always find this scene so funny.
    I agree. Love that scene. Whyte was a bit tacky so I can appreciate that his toilet would be as well.
    I always thought the entire penthouse toilet included was cool. Completely the kind of OTT place Willard Whyte would reside in.

There's only so much you can do with a toilet I suppose.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

True. I was fishing anyway. Nothing wrong with that set really. It fit the scene perfectly.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

True. I was fishing anyway. Nothing wrong with that set really. It fit the scene perfectly.

Yes, it's daft enough for DAF you could say.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    1. Goodhead's prison under the shuttle.

2. Volcano Lair

3. Fort Knox

4. Tanaka's office.

5. SPECTRE conference room
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Dr No's lair - it set the tone. Brilliance on a budget!
    The room where Dent goes over to the cage with the tarantula in it.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Spectre Meeting Room, TB
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    Spectre Meeting Room, TB
    I might be nitpicking but... I kind of wish the table was more decorated and instead of normal glasses of water and bowls, it would've been good if every two person had one bottle of Cognac and a glass of bourbon each... Would've been more classical.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    Spectre Meeting Room, TB
    I might be nitpicking but... I kind of wish the table was more decorated and instead of normal glasses of water and bowls, it would've been good if every two person had one bottle of Cognac and a glass of bourbon each... Would've been more classical.
    Not at all - I prefer it exactly how it was done: All clean, no fun, no decoration but just (cool) glass, metal and leather of the chairs. Just awesome.