Fastest & Slowest paced 007 movie

2»

Comments

• edited July 2017 Posts: 1,817
    QOS doesn't fit with what I would call a 'fast-paced' film. There is a lot of brutal action, but with very little suspense or momentum in between. The action just starts up of its own accord and without much reason. Almost like a stubborn child - unresponsive one moment, then in a violent fit the next.
    echo wrote: »
    Am I the only person who thinks YOLT is fast-paced? Especially after TB.

YOLT is fast-paced. Although people cite the first sequence in the volcano base as the part where it slows down.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    QoS is the shortest film in the series and jumps from scene to scene at a lightning pace. It's definitely fast-paced.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    QoS is the shortest film in the series and jumps from scene to scene at a lightning pace. It's definitely fast-paced.

Maybe, but it depends on how you look at it. To me the action is not naturally woven into the narrative, so after each explosive action scene it sort of grinds to a halt, without the constant momentum to push it forward.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Maybe, but it depends on how you look at it. To me the action is not naturally woven into the narrative, so after each explosive action scene it sort of grinds to a halt, without the constant momentum to push it forward.

But there's roughly five minutes, ten max, in between the action scenes, I feel like, particularly in the former half of the movie. It does slow down in the latter half.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    YOLT is fast paced up until after the little nellie scene. After that it seems like it takes a nose dive.
    YOLT is fast paced up until after the little nellie scene. After that it seems like it takes a nose dive.

It does slow down there, for sure, but it doesn't bug me. I love that movie.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »

But there's roughly five minutes, ten max, in between the action scenes, I feel like, particularly in the former half of the movie. It does slow down in the latter half.

You're right, but I feel somehow that the pace is more artificial than anything (very much a start-stop progression). Which is why I have difficulty in saying that it is the fastest-paced, even if it might be. Something like GE or TND is what I might personally call a fast-paced Bond film in the traditional sense.

You're right, but I feel somehow that the pace is more artificial than anything (very much a start-stop progression). Which is why I have difficulty in saying that it is the fastest-paced, even if it might be. Something like GE or TND is what I might personally call a fast-paced Bond film in the traditional sense.

Fair enough, I see where you're coming from now. That does make sense. I do still feel that QoS is very fast-paced, but I'm sure the lesser runtime does contribute to that a great deal.