What would Ian Fleming's favourite Bond films be?

13»

Comments

I think to state what Ian Fleming would like or dislike is a big assumption.

So, I'll say that I have no idea.
    DRush76 wrote: »
    I think to state what Ian Fleming would like or dislike is a big assumption.

So, I'll say that I have no idea.

This.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    None of them, he would probably say Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was a truer reflection of what he put on paper. Fleming was hypocritical he was notorious for picking things apart, a hard man to please. He did'nt want Connery as Bond. He compromised a lot to see Bond on the big screen. If he directed them himself I think they would have been very different. Lot of good material in the novels did'nt make it to the films. Yolt a prime example.
    Fleming I think would be partial to the three films that made him the most $ in royalties.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 1,778
    DN
    FRWL
    TB (Maybe)
    OHMSS
    FYEO (Again maybe)
    TLD
    LTK
    CR
    SF
    SaintMark wrote: »
    I think he would be amused about Roger Moore's antics
    Be pleasantly surprised by the faithfullness of OHMSS and Lazenby perhaps.
    He would have enoyed Brosnan and perhaps less his OTT movies
    He would be terrified by Craig in CR looking more like a thug than a gentleman.
    He would like Dalton I think.

Fleming said the exact same thing about Connery but changed his mind pretty quickly. I think their would be things about Craig that Fleming would love more than any of the other actors.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 11,189
    I've said this before but, while I'm sure Fleming would have appreciated the more serious approach, I think he would have regarded Craig as too "working class" for the part.

True he came round with Connery but I suspect it think it took a bit of time to do so. I remember reading he described Dr No as "absolutely dreadful". It wasn't until FRWL that he did a U-Turn.

Fleming was an old-fashioned snob. It would have taken quite a lot for him to re-evaluate his view. MAYBE he could see that Connery was well-received so backed off.
  • BAIN123 wrote: »
    I've said this before but, while I'm sure Fleming would have appreciated the more serious approach, I think he would have regarded Craig as too "working class" for the part.

True he came round with Connery but I suspect it think it took a bit of time to do so. I remember reading he described Dr No as "absolutely dreadful". It wasn't until FRWL that he did a U-Turn.

Fleming was an old-fashioned snob. It would have taken quite a lot for him to re-evaluate his view. MAYBE he could see that Connery was well-received so backed off.

That could be true but in the end we'll never really know. I don't believe Fleming really ever saw his Bond stories as action movies, which let's face it, all of the Bond films are in some way or another so I'm doubtful if he would've truly loved any of the films. On top of that his novels weren't exactly PG/PG-13 stories so I believe he would've have been completely satisfied with any of them.
    Have to agree with the last two comments 100%.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    NSNA, definitely.
    AceHole wrote: »
    NSNA, definitely.

You better write LOL after that comment or some may thing your being serious and you'll face a barage of people correcting you as to why it would not be as they missed the joke. LOL
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    AceHole wrote: »
    NSNA, definitely.

You better write LOL after that comment or some may thing your being serious and you'll face a barage of people correcting you as to why it would not be as they missed the joke. LOL

Fleming would love Kevin McClory's accurate production of his life's work.