Alternate Scenes in the Bond Movies

2»

Comments

• nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    All the old favourites
    1. Remove the sound effect from the 360 car jump in TMWTGG
    2. Remove Dolly from the end of the cable car scene in MR

So many others..

Change MR's radar-jamming-room-in-the-spacestation scene so that, when Bond and Holly enter, they discover not a pair a of technicians hard at work, but Jaws hard at work getting jiggy with Dolly.

A sight to which Sir Rog raises an eyebrow and says to Holly: "That's one giant's leak for mankind..."

If only you were round to write during the Moore era. Pure gold @St_George!

• echoecho 007 in New York
    How about the rooftop chase from OHMSS?
    @echo: This would have been very neat! I wish it had been included, especially given OHMSS's extremely boring first half.
    Thanks for the info, SirHenryLeeChaChing! I really wish that scenes #2 and #4 were in the finished film. By the way, what is scene #6? I've never heard of this one.
    That scene was Bond and Tiffany on the transparent water bed with the live fish swimming around in it. There was quite a bit more in the way of dialogue, which shows even more of Tiffany's scheming and manipulative nature. Even her last question to Bond in the final scene shows she's still trying to figure out how she can get her hands on all those diamonds...definitely not going straight lol.
    I also noticed that on the Ultimate Edition of the DAF DVD there is Deleted Footage of the Oil Rig Attack. I've only seen SE special features and I don't believe this was on there. Has anyone seen this? And does it add anything or takeaway to the Oil Rig finale?

Interesting find, JBFan626! I'd very much like to see this, considering the history behind the originally planned oil rig attack, which was sadly dropped for some reason. Frogmen planting explosives, Bond chasing Blofeld on a weather balloon, and Blofeld vs. Bond on a salt mine! Man, what wasted potential!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Interesting find, JBFan626! I'd very much like to see this, considering the history behind the originally planned oil rig attack, which was sadly dropped for some reason. Frogmen planting explosives, Bond chasing Blofeld on a weather balloon, and Blofeld vs. Bond on a salt mine! Man, what wasted potential!
    I agree.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7: It seems as if Diamonds Are Forever was set to be really awesome, and then got shot down by deleted scenes and unnecessary cuts. What a shame!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7: It seems as if Diamonds Are Forever was set to be really awesome, and then got shot down by deleted scenes and unnecessary cuts. What a shame!
    If only Connery had actually WANTED to be there. The only thing getting him on the job was the big check.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2011 Posts: 13,350
    If only Connery had actually WANTED to be there. The only thing getting him on the job was the big check.
    To be fair, in interviews from the time, Connery has said he feels there was more to be mined from the Bond character and more he could do with it. And at least in Diamonds Are Forever he looks like he is having fun.
    TWINE
    I would change villianess Elektra's death. Bond chases her upstairs, he has his gun out ready to blow her away but he hesitates. She gets the drop on him, his emotions in the way. She is about to shoot him and then a shot rings out and she falls to the floor dead. M is shown holding a smoking gun....
    TWINE
    I would change villianess Elektra's death. Bond chases her upstairs, he has his gun out ready to blow her away but he hesitates. She gets the drop on him, his emotions in the way. She is about to shoot him and then a shot rings out and she falls to the floor dead. M is shown holding a smoking gun....
    Wow! What a twist that would be! I kind of like that idea!
  • TWINE
    I like that better than what we got. M was more her victim than Bond. Reminds me of Domino killing Largo when he had the drop on Bond, maybe that's why they didn't do it.

• echoecho 007 in New York
    TWINE
    In this film M would have to cap the scene with a bad pun along the lines of "I cleaned your clock."

I don't like the Tarzan yell in OP (neither in Star Wars, as a matter of fact!)
    While I do absolutely love AVTAK's finale just as it is, I also think it would be really awesome if we had gotten a climatic showdown in the flooded mine between Bond and May Day. I know Roger was 58 and probably wouldn't have looked convincing in a battle against Grace Jones, but still, I think it might have been really cool had John Glen decided to script that instead of May Day's sacrifice (though that is my favorite scene in the movie).

Another that could have been really awesome and would have raised my interest in Moonraker one would have been a fight with Bond and Jaws on Drax's space station. After Drax was killed, there could be a confrontation between Bond and Jaws as the station breaks up around them, with Bond winning the fight of course, and leaving Jaws to die on the space station. However, we'd see him survive yet again, by boarding the last escape pod available, or something like that.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited May 2012 Posts: 8,049
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    TWINE

Interesting, but I think the version we have is perfect. M had enough involvement as it was, and that scene offered Brosnan one of his few extremely good lines in "I never miss." It would also take away from the storyline that had built up Bond being vulnerable in that he was struggling to put any feelings for Elektra to one side even though she turned out to be the villain. The torture scene previously showed Elektra to be cunning in playing Bond off against his own emotions, just like she had done to Renard. Bond killing her in cold blood like that proved that he was, in retrospect, able to let go of his own feelings to get the job done. M killing Elektra would have chickened out of this aspect of the story, and the one that is the most interesting in TWINE.

But still, on the other hand, M killing someone is a pretty cool idea. Maybe now Dench is allegedly leaving and if we get a younger male M, this idea could become a reality?