Superman: The Man of Tomorrow

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Rewatching Superman The Movie First watch since BvS was released, I like BvS though Christopher Reeve is Superman he elevates a great film that will never be surpassed.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I can't wait for the extended version here in the U.S.!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I can't wait for the extended version here in the U.S.!

Me too I hope we don't have to wait too long for a release, I did read somewhere it can be downloaded though prefer a Bluray box

This is a first time watch of Superman The Movie for the host he is enthusiastic lol

Interesting plot though I think the end would have been too dark
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Luthor has been overused in the movies, and the latest incarnation is rather lame. When are we going to see Brainiac on the big screen?
    GalleryChar_1900x900_brainiac_52ab8ac59c7615.15266666.jpg

And who do you think could play him well?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Luthor has been overused in the movies, and the latest incarnation is rather lame. When are we going to see Brainiac on the big screen?
    GalleryChar_1900x900_brainiac_52ab8ac59c7615.15266666.jpg

And who do you think could play him well?

Brainiac would likely be in the next Superman (solo) film.
    I hope so, but why do you say likely?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Superman doesn't have many villains who could carry an entire film on their own.

Superman doesn't have many villains who could carry an entire film on their own.

Bizarro and Mr Mxysptlk come to mind. That s it, I guess.

Bizarro is behind Brainiac, probably, and that would genuinely be interesting to see. I couldn't see Mr. Mxyzptlk is anything but a cameo, as he doesn't fit the tone of these films, nor do I think he's that capable of holding a film on his own.

If you're not Batman or Spider-Man, you are very limited on the villains side of things.
    That s true. And those villains would fit more in, in a Tim Burton Superman movie.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 2,895
    Terra-Man for the win.
    No, wait, VARTOX!

Parasite
    Imperiex
    Mongol

There are some rogue Kryptonians also...

Personally I would like someone to attempt a live action version of All Star Superman

Parasite
    Imperiex
    Mongol

Personally I would like someone to attempt a live action version of All Star Superman

What they did with the relationship between Lex and Superman in that book is probably the best I've ever encountered, as the plot developments say a lot about each man and why they are the way they are.
    It's quite beautiful in a way that Lex only begins to understand Superman when he has what he has and then must have it taken away.

I just think it'd all be wasted on Eisenberg's interpretation, whose character I don't have much faith in at this point.

Lobo almost neglected him

250px-LoboComics.png

Parasite
    Imperiex
    Mongol

What they did with the relationship between Lex and Superman in that book is probably the best I've ever encountered, as the plot developments say a lot about each man and why they are the way they are.
    It's quite beautiful in a way that Lex only begins to understand Superman when he has what he has and then must have it taken away.

I just think it'd all be wasted on Eisenberg's interpretation, whose character I don't have much faith in at this point.

I would like a series of films of All Star Superman to do it justice and make it separate and not restricted by the DCU, it's a great story Grant Morrison has some fantastic ideas in this. I have the Kindle edition one of my favourite Superman stories.

Parasite
    Imperiex
    Mongol

Never heard of any of those.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

2083631-darkseidjpg.jpeg

you forget about DARKSEID, DC's answer to Thanos.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    @Thunderfinger... Mark Strong would make a good Brainiac.
    Alas Darkseid is being used in the JL films
    HASEROT wrote: »
    @Thunderfinger... Mark Strong would make a good Brainiac.

Nice suggestion.

2083631-darkseidjpg.jpeg

you forget about DARKSEID, DC's answer to Thanos.

Didn't forget him, he's going to be used so I didn't think mentioning him was that important. The question is more about which of Superman's villains could actually be used as a leading villain in a solo film. Darkseid wouldn't be in a solo film, besides all that.
    hmm... well since BvS already bastardized Doomsday - and i really don't want to see Lex Luthor any time soon again - at least not Jesse Eisenberg... i think the only big option left is Brainiac... there is also Metallo and Bizarro - but i don't know if either could sustain an entire movie as the sole villain, i feel like both would be tertiary to the main villain.
    How about this guy?
    strong.jpg
    Superman vs a Sith Jawa and Popeye?
    The Lord of Time would be good.
    Ahhh, I think Justice League will be fine, but I don't need any more (just) Superman movies. At this point I think DC should stay away from singly hero movies (except for Wonder Woman). Green Lantern bombed. Flash will bomb nearly as bad. Aquaman might make it's money back, but not much more.
    TV is the future for most DC superheroes IMO. Look how well Arrow, Flash & Supergirl are doing!
    Ahhh, I think Justice League will be fine, but I don't need any more (just) Superman movies. At this point I think DC should stay away from singly hero movies (except for Wonder Woman). Green Lantern bombed. Flash will bomb nearly as bad. Aquaman might make it's money back, but not much more.
    TV is the future for most DC superheroes IMO. Look how well Arrow, Flash & Supergirl are doing!

they just need to make good movies - and have a clear vision... Wonder Woman was a step in the right direction...

the problem is - is that DC and WB tried to hold on to this Nolan style of comic book movies with MOS and BvS, and it doesn't translate over to naturally lighter characters.

they just need to make good movies - and have a clear vision... Wonder Woman was a step in the right direction...

the problem is - is that DC and WB tried to hold on to this Nolan style of comic book movies with MOS and BvS, and it doesn't translate over to naturally lighter characters.

The next Batman might do really well... but Flashpoint Paradox won't translate well for the general audiences, and Aquaman is a niche fan dude... in this time of darkness, lighten up a bit or lose your audience. Not 60's Batman or Superman III light though....