SPECTRE: So how should a possible car chase turn out?

13»

Comments

doubleoego wrote: »
    Self destruct button? Lol this is Craig Bond; he IS the self destruct button.

@JWESTBROOK, I agree with you, especially on Newman. He really needs to up his game and embrace the Bond aesthetic 100% when scoring a Bond movie. Armold's backseat driver is really good and boasts slick coolness but it lacks that dangerous edge and intensity which Armold employed for time to get out. QoS' opening car chase could have been one of the best sequences in the series if it wasn't so horribly massacred in the editing room.

By the way, wouldn't it be a nice idea that the first half of the SPECTRE-car chase is without music? Just think of the car stock race chase in OHMSS. I think without the music it was actually quite gripping! They did this with "Ronin" too, and it really adds to the experience. Perhaps only the last third of the chase some gripping action music, but if that's about it then I think it could work.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yeah bullit did that too and FRWL did it with the helicopter pursuit of Bond before Bond shot the copilot who dropped his grenade inside the chopper and I think tge boat chase in LALD and there was a brief moment of no music when we hear the AM screeching and spinning at lake garda in QoS.

The absence of music can most definitely work very effectively and I agree with you part of the SP chase should employ such a move and then add music to a later portion of it.
    Perhaps it'll be done. Anyway, what did you think of the car chase footage from the trailer ;-)?
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I just have one wish: Do not, under any circumstances, destroy either the Jag or the Aston. If you do, I will find you and pop your eye out like Hinx. :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I just have one wish: Do not, under any circumstances, destroy either the Jag or the Aston. If you do, I will find you and pop your eye out like Hinx. :D

Look out, Sam! While you can.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO

Look out, Sam! While you can.

Wow! It's funny you should bring this up.