Odd One Out

Comments

• goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    A real spider is seen in Bonds hotel room and in the jungle nut not in GF. There, however, Bassey sings about a spider. GF is the OOO?
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    A real spider is seen in Bonds hotel room and in the jungle nut not in GF. There, however, Bassey sings about a spider. GF is the OOO?
    Nope. The answer is much more straightforward, it involves a specific action done by a certain character in each movie.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    A villain crushes something in his hand to threaten Bond, but in DN, the object being crushed does not crumble to dust. DN = OOO
    Well done @QBranch 👍
    Specifically, the object crushed by Dr. No is an art object rather than an object used in a game.
    Over to you.
    R1s1ngs0n wrote: »
    Specifically, the object crushed by Dr. No is an art object rather than an object used in a game.
    That was my back-up answer. Cheers.

DN
    GF
    DAF
    edited November 2020 Posts: 2,018
    Trickster Bond ?

DN OOO - Dr. No is disappointed by Bond's clumsy effort to hide a table knife.
    GF - Bond switches golf balls without Goldfinger noticing.
    DAF - Bond switches cassettes without Blofeld noticing (only to be sabotaged a minute later by Tiffany).
    Nothing to do with the old switcheroo, but it does relate to golf.
    I know that Connery played golf on the set of DAF and even gave some tips to Jimmy Dean, but other than that I don’t remember anything golf related in the movie itself 🤔
  • marcmarc Universal Exports
    Main villains (apparently) dying in a process of losing height:

DN - Dr. No sinking into reactor pool
    GF - Goldfinger falling out of the plane
    DAF - Blofeld is lowered in his submarine OOO he doesn't die?
    I'm groping in the dark and don't find anything golf related. But perhaps I'll somehow stumble upon a correct aspect or scene.

Women being successful in a game, maybe:
    DN - Sylvia/Cards (well, I can't remember whether she's really successful)
    GF - Jill/Cards OOO only helping Goldfinger
    DAF - Tiffany/Balloons at the Circus Circus
    Just think, what are some of the items you use to play golf?
    Golf balls featured in DN and GF. Golf balls were used in the DAF novel for smuggling.
    I had wanted to post the same guess, but you beat me to it. Apart from that I can't remember anything golf related in DAF. Perhaps we need another clue...
    Think clubs, not balls.
    edited November 2020 Posts: 13,933
    If at first you don't succeed...

220?cb=20151102231727
    So maybe a golf club is used to kill someone. Shady Tree perhaps, or Mrs. Whistler.
    Mr Kidd is the key.
    He's played by a jazz musician.
    All movies feature a Putter except in DAF it's an actor's actual name.
    Clever.
    @R1s1ngs0n I'll give it to you, though DN was the OOO as it features an 'Iron', while GF and DAF both feature a 'Putter'. (Putter Smith in DAF)

Congrats @R1s1ngs0n, the game is yours.
    Thanks @QBranch
    I admit golf is hardly my area of expertise 😅

Here we go:

LALD
    TMWTGG
    TSWLM
    I played this combination once: someone hiding in the closet in all three but in LALD it's not a henchman?
    I played this combination once: someone hiding in the closet in all three but in LALD it's not a henchman?

Oh dear, that's exactly it... except the OOO is TWSLM. Both LALD and TMWTGG have Bond girls hide in closets.
    edited November 2020 Posts: 4,397
    R1s1ngs0n wrote: »

Oh dear, that's exactly it... except the OOO is TWSLM. Both LALD and TMWTGG have Bond girls hide in closets.

Sorry, I should have waited and see if someone else would come up with the same solution. And I'm wondering right now what I wrote today. Of course the ooo should be TSWLM (I thought about NickNack today but this isn't really a closet.
    New round:
    DAF
    AVTAK
    DAD
    I've played this combination once. One of the suggestions at that time was:

DAF - Blofeld's cloning procedure
    AVTAK - Zorin's steroid procedure on Pegasus OOO on an animal?
    DAD - Zao's DNA procedure
    That's not it. But thanks for the first guess.
    All three films reference a mine, but in DAD the mine is fake. DAD is the OOO.
    All movies feature characters who fall into water from a great height.
    DAF - Plenty dropped into swimming pool and survives.
    AVTAK OOO - Zorin plunges into the ocean and dies.
    DAD - Moon falls from cliff into river and survives.