Odd One Out

Comments

• edited April 2020 Posts: 17,352
    Everything you need for the answer has already been said, but don’t make it complicated, a simple bit of counting should lead to the prize ... 🤞

Counting? Hm…

All three films feature M outside the office at foreign locations. In MR M is seen in Venice and at the monastery in Brazil. In TWINE M is present at Azerbaijan and Turkey. In LTK however, M is only present at one foreign location – Key West, so LTK is the odd one out?
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    I'm optimistic that @Torgeirtrap has it. I realized that M was also in America in CR and QOS. My last post was wrong.
    M was also in in Scotland in TWINE, which means that she was in four countries, while we see him in three countries in MR and only in 2 in LTK. This doesn't lead to an obvious ooo...
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Yes I was looking for foreign locations, M doesn’t get the chance to leave the UK very often so when he/she does it’s always a highlight, but he’s a little short-changed in LTK.

Congrats @Torgeirtrap the floor is yours! 👍
    Yes I was looking for foreign locations, M doesn’t get the chance to leave the UK very often so when he/she does it’s always a highlight, but he’s a little short-changed in LTK.

Congrats @Torgeirtrap the floor is yours! 👍

Alright! Been a bit busy today, so I'm sorry about the delay. Anyway, here's my odd one out: This is a very minor detail which we see in all the films listed below. Just to make things interesting I'm including a fourth film, TSWLM, but this film doesn't need to be part of the answer – it's just that this minor thing happens here as well.

GF
    (TSWLM)
    MR
    LTK
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Bond is seen in a black outfit for stealth work. However MR is OOO has the black outfit has a collar?
    thedove wrote: »
    Bond is seen in a black outfit for stealth work. However MR is OOO has the black outfit has a collar?

Good guess, @thedove! What I'm thinking of does not include outfits.
    Any guesses, our do you guys like a hint or two? :-)
    I did think but nothing comes yet, maybe a little starter clue would be good ☺️
    I did think but nothing comes yet, maybe a little starter clue would be good ☺️

Here's a hint to get started :-)

What I'm thinking of happens at the very end of one of the films, but not the others.
    Q sees Bond and the girl kissing in MR and LTK but not in GF?
    Q sees Bond and the girl kissing in MR and LTK but not in GF?

Good guess, but what I'm thinking of does not involve kissing or Q.
    MR is OOO has it's the only ending where Bond appears on a monitor.
    MR is OOO has it's the only ending where Bond appears on a monitor.

Another good guess, but monitors is not part of the answer.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    GF - Bond shown wrapped in a parachute. The Odd One Out.
    (TSWLM - Bond deploys parachute.)
    MR - Bond deploys parachute.
    LTK - Bond deploys parachute.
    GF shows James Bond will return in Thunderball
    MR shows James Bond will return in For Your Eyes Only
    LTK shows James Bond will return

Therefore LTK is OOO as it doesn't name the next film.
    GF - Bond shown wrapped in a parachute. The Odd One Out.
    (TSWLM - Bond deploys parachute.)
    MR - Bond deploys parachute.
    LTK - Bond deploys parachute.

This should be it. Especially because all other parachute scenes are in the PTS.
    Good guesses everyone (I wish I had thought of them!), but we're still not close to the correct answer.

Another hint: Bond is part of the answer in two of the films, but not the third (or TSWLM).
    Wild stab at it...Bond utters the last line of dialogue in GF and LTK but not MR. Therefore MR is odd one out?
    Wild stab at it...Bond utters the last line of dialogue in GF and LTK but not MR. Therefore MR is odd one out?

There is no dialogue involved in what I'm thinking of. Summing up the hints so far:

- What I'm thinking of happens at the very end of one of the films, but not the others.
    - Bond is part of the answer in two of the films, but not the third (or TSWLM).

Another hint: captivity can be a key word to steer the guesses towards what I'm thinking of, but it's not part of the answer.
    LTK is OOO has it is the only one with a fish that winks at the end? LMAO!

Ok how about this one:

GF Bond jumps from the plane
    MR he's in the space shuttle
    LTK he jumps to a pool

MR is OOO has he doesn't escape but stays in the vehicle.
    LTK is OOO has it is the only one with a fish that winks at the end? LMAO!

Ok how about this one:

GF Bond jumps from the plane
    MR he's in the space shuttle
    LTK he jumps to a pool

MR is OOO has he doesn't escape but stays in the vehicle.

You were almost completely right with your first guess, @thedove! We see a wink in all four films, but LTK is the only film where the wink isn't by a character:
    Bond gives a wink to the guard sitting outside his cell door in GF before "disappearing". In MR Bond gives a wink to the guy he fights in the ambulance. LTK is the odd one out since it's the fish that provides the wink!

TSWLM was only added to give this wink a mention :-D

VzUvLr.gif

Over to you!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Pretty good, @Torgeirtrap, I really like that connection.

Pretty good, @Torgeirtrap, I really like that connection.

Thanks! I'm sure there are winks in other films too, but these were the ones I could think of. The fish wink stands out of course, and had to be the odd one out.
    Geez @Torgeirtrap I was just throwing it out there as a joke. Great odd one out. You had us all going.

Okay let's see if I can follow that one with one that is just as good!

DN
    LALD
    TMWTGG

One is OOO! Good luck!
    A Bondgirl is showering, but only in DN it is the maingirl which doesn't die and in DN the shower is forced.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hair brushes are featured, but only in LALD is it a gadget (radio transmitter).
    Well done all, I wasn’t near with that!
    All three films feature an island location run by the main villain; Crab Key by Dr. No, San Monique by Dr. Kananga and Scaramanga with his own island.

San Monique is the only island of the three that is also a nation, and the odd one out?
    All great guesses to start this round. But not what I am thinking of.
    Well I always like a good animal moment, so maybe Bond is attacked by a spider in DN, a snake (and/or alligators) in LALD but TMWTGG is OOO as it’s J W who is attacked by an elephant?