Who should/could be a Bond actor? *SPOILERS*

Comments

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited February 24 Posts: 5,131
    NicNac wrote: »
    QsCat wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    No, it doesn't really. Did it matter that Connery was bald?

Not at all but that is easy to hide. Bond needs an actor around six foot. It can't be difficult to find an actor in the UK around 6 feet :)) I'm an actor myself and 6,1- a common find.

Maybe Daniel Craig has proved that Bond doesn't need an actor who is around 6 feet, at all?

It's more important to cast someone who can carry the film without them disappearing into the wallpaper.

Craig is the only one shorter than Fleming s Bond. The others are all taller. The variation isn t that huge, though. Unless you count Niven who was very short.

Niven was 5ft 11in and taller than Craig?? He wasn’t very short at all? Craig is 5ft 10in. Fleming’s Bond was 6ft.
  • edited February 24 Posts: 154
    007-agent-barry-nelson-daniel-craig-george-lazenby-james-bond-favim-com-871201.jpg
    The only way is up
  • Has any of the James Bonds been the same height as Ian Fleming James Bond?
    All of the James Bond have not been bad for height of character in films. Only very short or very tall would be bad. People have been said that Mr. Daniel Craig be too short. This is not the truth. I feel.
    Has any of the James Bonds been the same height as Ian Fleming James Bond?
    All of the James Bond have not been bad for height of character in films. Only very short or very tall would be bad. People have been said that Mr. Daniel Craig be too short. This is not the truth. I feel.

He’s on the very limit of acceptable, height wise.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    suavejmf wrote: »

He is, and that’s not Craig bashing, it’s simply being pragmatic

• Has any of the James Bonds been the same height as Ian Fleming James Bond?

Like myself, the literary Bond is bang-on 6ft. I think Craig looks fine because of his frame, he was quite slim before. Maybe an inch or two doesn't make a difference on film.
    edited February 24 Posts: 5,131
    talos7 wrote: »

He is, and that’s not Craig bashing, it’s simply being pragmatic

Exactly, he’s been great.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Enemy of the state

Not at all but that is easy to hide. Bond needs an actor around six foot. It can't be difficult to find an actor in the UK around 6 feet :)) I'm an actor myself and 6,1- a common find.

Maybe Daniel Craig has proved that Bond doesn't need an actor who is around 6 feet, at all?

It's more important to cast someone who can carry the film without them disappearing into the wallpaper.

Craig is the only one shorter than Fleming s Bond. The others are all taller. The variation isn t that huge, though. Unless you count Niven who was very short.

Niven was 5ft 11in and taller than Craig?? He wasn’t very short at all? Craig is 5ft 10in. Fleming’s Bond was 6ft.

Was he? He struck me as on the short side. OK, perhaps the perspective was confusing.

Was he? He struck me as on the short side. OK, perhaps the perspective was confusing.

Definitely mate. He was just slim.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    This is the best thread in this forum. 8-}

How about Aiden Turner then? Has anybody considered him for Bond?

I think his name might have been mentioned...

To, shall we say, a tireless degree. All the more so considering Daniel Craig is still in the Bond role and NTTD is still awaiting release.

And given how long it will be until release, and until the next Bond movie after, the next Bond actor might not even be on anyone's radar at the moment.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I'm sure I've seen Sam Heughan mentioned as a potential in this thread, looks like he's made a (slightly bargain basement looking) SAS film which will pop up on Sky next month, so does some Bondy things in it:

I'm sure I've seen Sam Heughan mentioned as a potential in this thread, looks like he's made a (slightly bargain basement looking) SAS film which will pop up on Sky next month, so does some Bondy things in it:

They absolutely could do worse; he’s got a good look and voice and is cut from a traditional Bond mold.

• BennyBenny ...OctobennyAdministrator, Moderator
    Whilst Sam Heughan wouldn't be my first choice, he'd certainly make the list. As @talos7 said, good look and voice. A definite potential Bond.
    I’d take Sam over Aidan, any day of the week. He’s a big boy that carries a threat. Definitely not a terrible choice.
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    Based on that trailer, he's not bad.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 25 Posts: 8,381
    He does look a little like Roger, which is quite funny. I'll probably give that film a watch even though it looks like it'll be a load of old tot, it'll be interesting to see if he makes a good lead.
    Based on this trailer, one of Heughan's qualities being that he looks much younger than he really is. While he is 40, he seems to be ten years younger. Ideally, I would like the next Bond to be in his thirties to play the role for a decade, but Heughan himself seems to break free from this age barrier and if he continues to still look so young in five years, he might be a good choice.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Oh man, that looks like an all-time forgettable B-movie. What a cast :D

To open up a whole can of worms: Heughan, like Cavill, looks too chiseled and big for my taste. Just too much square jaw. More suited to an out and out shooting-action film like this than a more sophisticated Bond film. I'm not saying Craig (or any of the previous actors really) isn't an exceptionally good looking man, but these guys just stand out too much, I think. It would be the final step in the slow evolution of Bond from spy to commando soldier that has been going on since Moore left the role.

He does look a bit like a younger version of the way Luca Casalanguida draws Bond in the comics. But I never liked that rendition all that much for the aforementioned reasons.
    JamesBond-TheBody-001-Int%2B1.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That's interesting, I would have said he's younger than that too.
  • Not hearing of Sam Heighan. His looks are okay. Maybe he is to be the new Gerald Butler. Action movie grade B star. Hahaha.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Bond looks like he's fallen into the coal cellar in that frame :)
    Not hearing of Sam Heighan. His looks are okay. Maybe he is to be the new Gerald Butler. Action movie grade B star. Hahaha.

Yes I have a feeling you might be right there :) Mind you, I guess that's what Brosnan was doing in the mid-nineties before Bond turned up!
    I was going to say this, Brosnan did a handful of this type of role, pre-Bond.
  • QsCatQsCat London

To open up a whole can of worms: Heughan, like Cavill, looks too chiseled and big for my taste. Just too much square jaw. More suited to an out and out shooting-action film like this than a more sophisticated Bond film. I'm not saying Craig (or any of the previous actors really) isn't an exceptionally good looking man, but these guys just stand out too much, I think. It would be the final step in the slow evolution of Bond from spy to commando soldier that has been going on since Moore left the role.

He does look a bit like a younger version of the way Luca Casalanguida draws Bond in the comics. But I never liked that rendition all that much for the aforementioned reasons.

Which comic is that? The art is better than Jason Master's
    Seeing this interview has solidified Harry Styles as my dark horse pick. It’s the first time that I’ve ever ever seen him interviewed ; he has a good, deep voice snd you can see his charm and also an intensity. He’s 27 , so he’ll be in his early 30’’s when the next film, hopefully, goes into production.
    The main portion of his interview is at 5:20

• sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    Too many nipples.
    Too many nipples.

:))
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Superfluous papilla?
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    edited February 25 Posts: 610

That panel is from "The Body", specifically the first issue, which Casalanguida did the art for along with the last issue. All other issues from that run have different artists. But he feels to me like the most prolific artist in the Dynamite run having done Hammerhead and Kill Chain as well as issues in The Body and Reflections of Death and he is the artist for the upcoming Agent of SPRECTRE run that starts next Wednesday.

I like his art very much. Just his version of Bond always looks too much like Bruce Wayne to me. But that happens surprisingly often with Bond.
  • QsCatQsCat London

That panel is from "The Body", specifically the first issue, which Casalanguida did the art for along with the last issue. All other issues from that run have different artists. But he feels to me like the most prolific artist in the Dynamite run having done Hammerhead and Kill Chain as well as issues in The Body and Reflections of Death and he is the artist for the upcoming Agent of SPRECTRE run that starts next Wednesday.

I like his art very much. Just his version of Bond always looks too much like Bruce Wayne to me. But that happens surprisingly often with Bond.

Thanks

...and Christian Bale played one and was strongly considered for the other, interesting.