Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Totally agree, but even if he was British, wouldn't Mad Men make him too famous?

Although I suppose Moore and Brosnan had starring roles on TV before becoming Bond, so I suppose not.
    Luke Evans is quite suave and dashing. Sometime I'll have to watch the Dracula film he did.
  • Totally agree, but even if he was British, wouldn't Mad Men make him too famous?

Although I suppose Moore and Brosnan had starring roles on TV before becoming Bond, so I suppose not.

Id say no. He's almost like Aidan Turner you ask a average person outside of the hardcore bond fans like us who is Aidan Turner and you will get a puzzling look but if you stated he's the dude from Poldark theyd be oh ok that guy. I see Hamm in the same mold from mad men.
    That's a fair perspective, in my mind Hamm is considerably more famous/recognizable than Turner, but of course that's likely because I watched Mad Men but not Poldark. I've only seen him in the Hobbit.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    suavejmf wrote: »
    That’s fair about his overall appearance if you feel that way.
    There was a recent photo of Evans that was very Bondian IMO that’s on my Instagram, but to move a photo from Instagram to this forum using my iPhone 5 seems too insurmountable a task right now.

He deserves a screen test and is a great actor. I can see him as Bond.

But I don’t think Eon would give the role to an openly gay actor. I’m not agreeing with that, but that’s probably the case IMO.

Did they tested him last time around?
    Don't think they've ever screen tested him.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    If you're in the UK, the new season of The Alienist has just hit Netflix, and he's one of the three main stars in that. It's a period detective series set in New York in the 1890s. As always, he wears a suit well.
    Sounds cool but I'm not in the UK unfortunately, might try to find another way to check it out.
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    Risico007 wrote: »
    i say Fassbender get cast tomorrow start filming this summer!

I presume you meant to say next summer? But yes, I agree.

I would love it they just went for it with Fassbender and got him to do two or three quick films - and then shift over to Hoult for when he's about 37.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    How about Charlie Hunnam?
    MSL49 wrote: »

I keep watching one clip of him from The Gentlemen and I'm obsessed with it/him in it. To me though he errs too far on the side of rough, in a Tom Hardy kind of way. Think the franchise could stand to move in the opposite direction after Craig.

Like him though.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England

Terrible actor.
    Is he really? Never fully watched anything he's been in I don't think.
    edited October 2020 Posts: 5,131

He’s a plank of wood. Sons Of Anarchy was a great series and he has screen presence. But his acting is questionable.

Kind Arthur lost the studio $153.2 million, with him as the lead. He also one a ‘razzie’ for his acting in Green Street.

That said he’s a millionaire from acting, so hats off to that.
    Has anyone seen John Gavin’s screen test or test photos of him as Bond??

I’ve never seen anything.
    For me, I prefer Evans to Hoult, but what Hoult lacks in 'look' for me, he certainly makes up for in age. And to use my own argument, if he were cast, in a few years he could really take shape.
    I think it's easy to see why people like Cavill in the role, but his acting would make him a disappointing choice. He looks good on a poster but that's it.

I agree, @NickTwentyTwo.

He’s a plank of wood. Sons Of Anarchy was a great series and he has screen presence. But his acting is questionable.

Kind Arthur lost the studio $153.2 million, with him as the lead. He also one a ‘razzie’ for his acting in Green Street.

Fair play.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Terrible actor.

I agree. Pacific Rim was a fun movie but it was undermined by Hunnam’s bland , generic performance.

talos7 wrote: »

Terrible actor.

I agree. Pacific Rim was a fun movie but it was undermined by Hunnam’s bland , generic performance.

Oh yeah, I forgot that was him. I guess that says something.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    He's okay, imo. He gave it his all in Ritchie's King Arthur film and he was by no means bad, but in his scenes with Jude Law I felt Law just swamped him charisma-wise. But as always, these things are subjective.
    He's okay, imo. He gave it his all in Ritchie's King Arthur film and he was by no means bad, but in his scenes with Jude Law I felt Law just swamped him charisma-wise. But as always, these things are subjective.

Jude Law is a star and a great actor.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2020 Posts: 14,978

Yeah I tend to agree he's not up to it: I saw The Gentlemen and I thought he wasn't very convincing, and another one who is unlucky enough to share screen time with Hugh Grant and can't compete. Funny to think he's the kid from Queer Is Folk though.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    Can bad actor make a good screentest?

Possible, there's always a chance they could do well in the scene.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Well Sam Worthington was apparently one of the final candidates for CR, so...yes. Seemingly so.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Aw, I don't think he's bad, he's just not top tier movie star.
  • MSL49 wrote: »

Definitely. Cavill was a runner up when Craig bagged the role.

Worrisome.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Haha! :))
    talos7 wrote: »
    Joaquin Phoenix is also American. You can’t tell me Phoenix wouldn’t be utterly amazing as Bond.

He would not be an amazing Bond.

Exactly. One, he’s a midget and two, he’s not ‘leading man’ material in the traditional sense. He looks like an ‘Everyman.’

The above assumes he could pull off the accent as well. Otherwise that’s reason three.

1. Daniel Craig is also a “midget”.

2. Neither was Craig before Bond.

3. Are you serious? Do you think the average bloke is as good looking as Joaquin? Are you tripping balls?

4. He could pull of a Roman Emperor convincingly. I think he could pull off a Brit.