Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    I've heard him suggested before but I'm not sold. He was good in Kick Ass but he was one of the problems with the new Godzilla film imo. Completely lacking in charisma, really bored me.

I'd agree. Ok but not bond.
  • I think Jack O' Connell would be a great Bond. I mean he's already made Judi Dench swoon.

maxresdefault.jpg
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited April 2015 Posts: 2,138
    Aaron Taylor is a no go IMO. Plays in 2 superhero franchises (Kick-Ass and the Marvel Universe)

I respond to your comment with a question did you watch Our friends in the north or The invasion and see DC and think he is bond? My point is what film decision and performances the actor approached to be next is doing at that time is what will matter. I think Josh Brolin is a great actor I don't think people think "oh that the kid from the Goonies". Fassbender did Xmen if EON were looking now he would likely be a front runner. A majority of fan base would more than likely be delighted regardless if he was in a superhero franchise. Talent is talent.
    Nope....bond is handsome.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Ludovico wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    The fact that so many of you keep going on about Elba in any capacity is just hyping things up in his favour. All the arguments of why he shouldn't or couldn't be Bond is the same thing over and over. The less said about him being Bond the better, otherwise expect to here more and more about him potentially being linked to the role or how he should be. You guys are giving him free press!

I don't think so. Our influence in social medias is rather limited and peripheral to say the least. He burned his chances, if he ever had any, by being so darn arrogant and self promoting. So we are reacting to this, as a backlash he himself created.

The point I was trying to make is people not just here on this site consistently keep the issue alive and thriving even though they're opposed to the idea. There are multitudes of recycled complaints about this and even though the Internet is a pretty big place it can be quite a small place when it comes to particular matters. Whinging consistently about the Elba/Bond issue, which of course people are free to do but don't expect the topic to die down as believe it or not it contributes in a major way to Elba's press but this is just my opinion on the matter.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 591
    I think Aaron all depends on his place in the Marvel films, if he only appears in Avengers 2 then possibly but if he goes on to have a permanent spot in the Avengers films or any Marvel films then that's a no I'm afraid.

And remember looks wise we could get anyone for the next Bond. They might not even look like Bond when they're cast. It's all about what they look like when they are actually Bond. Remember when Craig has his longish locks on that boat when he was announced.

And as someone of the female persuasion, Aaron Taylor Johnson is definitely handsome.
    edited April 2015 Posts: 2,138
    suavejmf wrote: »

Don't consider DC an obvious handsome man but women seem to love him.
    What about James D'arcy from Broadchurch and Agent Carter?137484_8463_ful.jpg
    He looks to me like a cross between Fleming and Hoagy Carmichael, whom Bond is said to have looked like in the books.
    edited April 2015 Posts: 5,131
    Me too, but being hetrosexual and comfortable in that, I can still make honest assumptions on whether men are good looking or not. Guess you may feel uncomfortable in this regard. Flemings bond was circa 35, good looking and didn't have receding hair...???? Have you read the books????
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 591
    How about someone like Jamie Blackley? Relatively unknown. He's 23 so may still be in his 20's by the time they cast a new Bond.

3053b2fa2d07448228d624874eb021bd.jpg

What about James D'arcy from Broadchurch and Agent Carter?137484_8463_ful.jpg
    He looks to me like a cross between Fleming and Hoagy Carmichael, whom Bond is said to have looked like in the books.

Not a bad shout born in 1975 so like too old to take up the job.

Don't consider DC an obvious handsome man but women seem to love him.

True. Charisma though and not a sign of ginger hair.
    Maybe, don't know him so can only comment on this pic which looks a tad too italian.......having said that he is supposed to be half Scottish half Swiss......so a European twist.
    Maybe, don't know him so can only comment on this pic which looks a tad too italian.......having said that he is supposed to be half Scottish half Swiss......so a European twist.

A bit like Bond then? You may have seen him in prometheus.
    Ah right I don't recall, but I'll re check it out......you maybe right but I can't comment either way yet.
    He's too old and famous now....but what do people think of Christian Bale? I think he would have been class.
    Aaron Taylor is a no go IMO. Plays in 2 superhero franchises (Kick-Ass and the Marvel Universe)

I respond to your comment with a question did you watch Our friends in the north or The invasion and see DC and think he is bond? My point is what film decision and performances the actor approached to be next is doing at that time is what will matter. I think Josh Brolin is a great actor I don't think people think "oh that the kid from the Goonies". Fassbender did Xmen if EON were looking now he would likely be a front runner. A majority of fan base would more than likely be delighted regardless if he was in a superhero franchise. Talent is talent.

I think the issue is that EON wants to create their own hero and brand. If they hire someone who is already established in the public eye as a superhero character like Cavill or Fassbender etc, then the headline becomes "Superman is Bond!". They want their actor to be solely identified as Bond, James Bond, without baggage from anywhere else, and they don't want him discussing the upcoming X-Men part 8 during the promotion for his first Bond movie etc.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 12,837
    Isn't Fassbender done with X Men after the next one though? I haven't seen them but I read that the next one was the final part in the prequel trilogy. Although he's producing and starring in the Assassin's Creed film, which could become a franchise, so then you'd have the same issue I guess.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Of those mentioned only a buffed-up Matthew Goode seems plausible.
    Luke+Evans+Fast+Furious+6+Premieres+London+uthNowZCTSHl.jpg
    As mentioned before, I think Luke Evans shown above would make a cracking bond. right look and good actor.
    TFC1 wrote: »
    Luke+Evans+Fast+Furious+6+Premieres+London+uthNowZCTSHl.jpg

I think he is too harsh looking, you could land a helicopter on that forehead.
    you could land a helicopter on that forehead.
    Have you seen Sean Connery?!? ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnGhqC95Fwec1P6BGnb6UIKVz-w4uu-vupf2e14yISSO39_a5y
    Luke Evans certainly looks the part, though I can't say I've ever seen one of his movies. Is he a good actor?

• Luke Evans is a good actor, but too old. He'll be close to 40 by the time they'd cast him.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited April 2015 Posts: 4,554
    My Top Five:

1. Jai Courtney (though he's an Aussie). He's a bad ass. Has mostly played villains, was downright malicious in Jack Reacher. He already has the looks and build for the part. He's the right age, too.

courtney-729-20140212094002424882-620x349.jpg

2. Aaron Taylor Johnson (though @DaltonCraig007 makes agood point about his affiliation with other franchises)

aaron-2-2014-LORENZO-AGIUS.jpg?v=20140516121628

3. Rupert Friend.

rupert-friend.jpg

4. Matthew Goode (would need to hit the gym)

474250151_sdv7s-o.jpg

5. Tom Hardy (I like him, but he may be too old for the part when it comes around)

Tom-Hardy-006.jpg
    I think Jai Courtney is a poor choice. The success he's had as an actor really baffles me, wooden doesn't even begin to describe him. He (and his lack of chemistry with Bruce Willis) was one of the reasons Die Hard 5 was crap imo.

Luke Evans is a great choice. Good actor and has the right look. I thought he was good in Sex Drugs and Rock n Roll, and in Fast and Furious 6.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited April 2015 Posts: 4,554
    I think Jai Courtney is a poor choice. The success he's had as an actor really baffles me, wooden doesn't even begin to describe him. He (and his lack of chemistry with Bruce Willis) was one of the reasons Die Hard 5 was crap imo.

Luke Evans is a great choice. Good actor and has the right look. I thought he was good in Sex Drugs and Rock n Roll, and in Fast and Furious 6.

I don't find him wooden at all. But to each their own. Luke Evans is an interesting choice, except that he looks like a pirate.
    Re: Luke Evans. 'Almost 40' is FAR from too old. Half of the Bond actors have been 40+ when cast. From the recent suggestions, he gets my vote!

I was surprised to see that recent picture of Aaron Taylor Johnson
    He's certainly grown up since Kick-Ass and it turns out he's from the UK too (I had no idea) You could add him to my list of possibles.

I'm not too sure about Jai Courtney though- I liked him in Spartacus but he's since been miscast in Die Hard 5 and (probably) Terminator Genesys.
  • Re: Luke Evans. 'Almost 40' is FAR from too old. Half of the Bond actors have been 40+ when cast. From the recent suggestions, he gets my vote!

I was surprised to see that recent picture of Aaron Taylor Johnson
    He's certainly grown up since Kick-Ass and it turns out he's from the UK too (I had no idea) You could add him to my list of possibles.

I'm not too sure about Jai Courtney though- I liked him in Spartacus but he's since been miscast in Die Hard 5 and (probably) Terminator Genesys.

Like I said earlier, I would love to see Aaron Johnson as 007 but it just depends on his position in the Marvel films.