Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Based on that interview, there is no doubt in my mind that he was at least in discusstions for the role.
    I think both Hiddleston and Turner could do the role, although it's hard to know what any of the contenders would actually be like in the role. If I was BB and MGW I would be asking potential candidates what they would want to do with the role, how they'd approach it, what direction they would envision taking it.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Just hoping it is not Hiddleston, who does nothing for me and I cannot for the life of me see him as Bond. Turner may be fine. Somebody else not on radar still a possibility. And still possible Craig comes back for one more. So .... no real news yet. Same situation.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    bondjames wrote: »
    Yes, they did say that. He had the potential to be the best Bond, because he had the looks and a combination of Moore/Connery. GE was a cautious & unsure, but promising start.

Sadly, it all didn't come together like some (especially myself) hoped, and by the end of it all I welcomed the reboot with open arms.

I hope Hiddle can live up to my expectations, if he is cast. I hope he will will make the role his own, like Craig has done, rather than trying to imitate his forebearers, like Brosnan did.

If it's Turner, I'll be ok with it too. Fassbender would be great. Craig again would be great too, if only a placeholder for one film. Bell is a no no.

Well i think he did. Sure his films didn't have the greatest scripts but still were great action/adventure flicks to spend some fun hours they never promised something more and while i loved the Craig flicks as and had better scripts i perfer the Brosnan flicks which respected the formula better.

They stayed under the classic formula with a modern style.

The Craig films are a completely modernized films and spectre having the vibe of the classic Bond but still is not the Classic Bond.

Woow I love both tenures( Pierce Brosnan's and Craig) but in a whole different way

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited June 2016 Posts: 5,131
    Szonana wrote: »
    suavejmf wrote: »
    may just have the charm of Moore combined with the harder edge of Craig?

This is roughly what people said about Brosnan, isn't it?

I don't think so. Craig wasn't on the scene when Brosnan was cast.

No but with Brosnan people said he had the charm of Moore combined with the hrser egde of Sean Connery.

Yes they did and they were wrong. GE was a good debut, but the film's that followed were disappointing. Brosnan was neither as charming as Moore nor as hard as Connery. In answer to the current debate i' ll answer; Hiddleston yes, Turner No ( lacks star quality), Fassbender ok.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    It some ways it more worrying that Craig has a hand in writing/producing these films. At least with Peirce he was a complete victim of circumstance.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Goodpoint @Mendes4lyfe
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I've not had a problem with Craig's performance in any of his films, although SP was the one I've liked the least to date, because I don't think he does the nonchalant Bond as well as Connery/Moore or even Lazenby.

I'm afraid I can't say the same for Brosnan. So the scripts are but one aspect of this discussion from my standpoint.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Theo James is the next Bond,, and the film is set in the 50s.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Theo James is the next Bond,, and the film is set in the 50s.
    Yeah, I heard it was going to be set in the 1850s.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 1,661
    Having seen the current buzz on the internerd, I'm going with two choices as the next Bond...

It's Aidan Turner or...

A complete unknown that no-one in the media/on forums has mentioned.

Unless some new guy wows Barbara Broccoli before summer 2017, I think Aidan Turner will be the next James Bond.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    As long as not Bell. Wooden Cavell would even be better ...at least I wouldn't have to squint to see him on the screen.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I put together a collection of interviews. Who will it be, Hiddleston, or Turner?
    On my local radio station they said the statistics from Google on the next Bond.
    The two names most searched for were, no surprises Hiddleston and Turner.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Gillian Anderson comes in at no. 6.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 10,588
    The one thing I do not hope for is for EON to pick their candidates based on the media's favorite lists.
    It would be ungentlemanly to have a lady, come first ! :D
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jun/07/tom-hiddleston-james-bond-007-daniel-craig

I think he's just repeated what he's said before but he doesn't give the impression he's a major candidate for the part. The risk for Hiddleston is if he keeps saying the same thing it might

A) become a bit boring

and

B) make him sound too desperate for the part.

My gut feeling is if an actor comes across too desperate for the role EON might not pick them! Idris Elba came out with the line 'I'm probably the most famous Bond actor in the world and I’ve not even played the role."

Nothing like a bit of hubris to turn the producers off you, Idris! ;)
    Aidan Turner as Poldark, had a great episode in which he had to outwitt a card cheat
    Who was cheating many local small businessmen. It was very tense and reminded me
    Of the fantastic bridge game in Moonraker. :)
    Don't you just love the internet?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/could-next-james-bond-traffords-11444609

8-}
    He told the MEN: “It’s not true - not unless they want a bald Bond, which I very much doubt.

;))
    Wayne is the man. :D
    Lol! Now I've heard that as well.

David Beckham as James Bond, ladies and gentlemen! :))
    For all those who disliked Pierce Brosnan's voice , bask in reverence at David's
    falsetto tones uttering " My name is Bond ... ? Eh ! What's the line again Victoria " :))
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Q:"Here's your new gadget, 007, adjusted to your athletic skills specifically."
    Bond:"Balls, Q?"
    Q:"Bolas, 007! Now pay attention... You just kick it...!"
    Bond:"Oh, I hope not in the nutters. It hurts, you know?"
    Q:"I give up!"
    jake24 wrote: »
    The one thing I do not hope for is for EON to pick their candidates based on the media's favorite lists.

It's not a democracy.
    Never go with what's popular this month, as it will be hated next month. ;)
    I'm sure eon have a decent actor, lined up.
    Yeah they do a nice chap named Daniel Craig was in Tomb Raider I believe
    Was that him with the long black hair, sensual lips, and tiny shorts ? :)

Close ;)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    yep, that's him. can hardly recocnise him, right?

Craig%20Lara%20Croft.jpg