Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    47 new posts all about Bond's #7's physique. Haha I love this place

For the next debate...What should Bond's hair look like?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    47 new posts all about Bond's #7's physique. Haha I love this place

For the next debate...What should Bond's hair look like?

Short, but not Skyfall short.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited March 2023 Posts: 8,502
    Since I lost a war with the hair, I’m not too bothered one way or the other. But if this Bald-One was forced to choose, I’d agree with Talos and say a nice trim cut, but SF was jarring my too short…
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    peter wrote: »
    Since I lost a war with the hair, I’m not too bothered one way or the other. But if this Bald-One was forced to choose, I’d agree with Talos and say a nice trim cut, but SF was jarring my too short…

Craig's Quantum hair was perfect, imo.
    So I guess they hire a new James Bond from one meeting, no auditions and no competition?

It’s only the most important role to cast for EoN.

And rumours from tabloids, where you may be acquiring your news, stated that this one actor had shot the gun barrel and would be announced in March.

Time’s a-ticking….

And in the twenty four hour media cycle, to think not one reputable source has actually broken the news (and breaking news (I.e. clicks, clicks and more clicks), are their bread and butter).

I’d suggest something big is going down at EoN and it may not be about ATJ.

My guess (and keep in mind I am not one with connections) is simply put

Nolan announced as co-writer/director in June or July

ATJ announced in the fall

Again Peter I get it they have to look at the other actors but one look at ATJ and he looks like Bab’s type he looks like a Dalton/Craig

Now whether he can act that way is another story all together but yeah this is what I believe

And if I am wrong I am fine with being wrong
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria

Much agreed.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited March 2023 Posts: 1,368
    Risico007 wrote: »
    So I guess they hire a new James Bond from one meeting, no auditions and no competition?

And rumours from tabloids, where you may be acquiring your news, stated that this one actor had shot the gun barrel and would be announced in March.

Time’s a-ticking….

And in the twenty four hour media cycle, to think not one reputable source has actually broken the news (and breaking news (I.e. clicks, clicks and more clicks), are their bread and butter).

My guess (and keep in mind I am not one with connections) is simply put

Nolan announced as co-writer/director in June or July

ATJ announced in the fall

Again Peter I get it they have to look at the other actors but one look at ATJ and he looks like Bab’s type he looks like a Dalton/Craig

Now whether he can act that way is another story all together but yeah this is what I believe

And if I am wrong I am fine with being wrong

Very true. I thought I was the only one who noticed that look. There's a Dalton/Craig look in ATJ....that's why he looks like a Bond suspect. Not he would be announce anytime soon. But if he's indeed the one, I suppose a script can be written and a director chosen before casting him.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

Time’s a-ticking….

Well they better get a move on, May and a potential writers strike is coming quick. Hopefully, that means an increase in rumours or even an pfficial announcement of sorts.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited March 2023 Posts: 2,928
    Or EON could seize on the writers' strike as an opportunity for extra breathing space to work on the 'reinvention'.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    Keep in mind they also have Michael Wilson's potential? retirement and replacement to consider.
  • edited March 2023 Posts: 176

Yes. This

bond-tux-quantum-solace-suit-tot-HighRes.jpg?12579279354858106322

is much better than this.

s2312_gp5626_1633480322.jpg

Guys are we forgetting James Bond has a gun most of the time..? And Indiana Jones doesn't do too bad with a gun and whip.
    I think Bond should dual wield in the next one, also have more weapons as gadgets.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Guys are we forgetting James Bond has a gun most of the time..? And Indiana Jones doesn't do too bad with a gun and whip.
    I think Bond should dual wield in the next one, also have more weapons as gadgets.

You don't mean like this?
    tq298orpdtvj.jpg
    LucknFate wrote: »
    Keep in mind they also have Michael Wilson's potential? retirement and replacement to consider.

That has been figured out already
    Benny wrote: »

You don't mean like this?
    tq298orpdtvj.jpg

Not exactly. More like two pistols. Or a pistol and a nunchaku. Something extra
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    That would be a hard no from me, I’m afraid.
  • edited March 2023 Posts: 6,677
    James Bond is going to disappear in this opinionated open world. Change his appearance, change his race, change his age, change his personality, change his choices and opinions. It doesn’t matter in today’s scenery and climate. And then only make films about him not being relevant anymore, even though changes were made to make him valid in today’s scenery and climate, and then let’s handle that nonesensical paradox by reading reviews on rottentomatoes and understanding what non Bond fans feel about it. Welcome to the 20’s in the 21st century, when we can have blood baths like John Wick (brilliant JW), violent rampages like The Batman, insanely expensive spy films like M:I, but we can’t have films about a womanizer, stylish, escapism driven, exotic, violent, globetrotting, old school, semi imperialistic government spy who is a modern day St. George saving the world from its many dragons.

Or…let’s trust the trustees, and hope they keep James Bond as James Bond and are balsy enough to handle the conscience police, the sensitivity readers and watchers, and the ever growing non informed public opinion. 🤞 Fingers crossed.
    Again my honest opinion is not who will be bond but my entire thought process has shifted to what will ATJ bring to the role and as I watch the trailer for Godzilla for the 100th time he still seems uninteresting to me….

But people like David Zaritsky (probably misspelled his name apologies) swear by ATJ so yeah

I also hear he will be a mix of Dalton and Brosnan which is both good and bad

Over all I am trying to wrap my head around it…

And again if I am wrong I am wrong but you don’t meet with Babs this early on if you aren’t her favorite…

Again if we get a new film with perhaps Diamonds (one of my favorite Fleming books) as the source material and an unused short story title (like my personal favorite the Hildebrand rarity) bring back some suspense elements I will gladly overlook the facts that I am suddenly older then bond and that an actor I can barely remember from two films is now one of my favorite characters of all time… it would be like boring guy from avengers end game becoming Macgyver or some guy from a British period piece becoming Batman …..

But look as even those here who don’t want to talk to me anymore will attest I trust Babs and Greg Wilson and Michael Wilson do they always get it right no Spectre and No time to die prove that but when they work hard they can knock it out of the park (most of the Brosnan era and the first three Craig’s I actually like/love)

They have done more good then bad so if they think ATJ is Bond I will go and see it
    But look as even those here who don’t want to talk to me anymore will attest I trust Babs and Greg Wilson and Michael Wilson do they always get it right no Spectre and No time to die prove that but when they work hard they can knock it out of the park (most of the Brosnan era and the first three Craig’s I actually like/love)

They have done more good then bad so if they think ATJ is Bond I will go and see it

I agree. But why are you so confident ATJ will be Bond?
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Univex wrote: »
    James Bond is going to disappear in this opinionated open world. Change his appearance, change his race, change his age, change his personality, change his choices and opinions. It doesn’t matter in today’s scenery and climate. And then only make films about him not being relevant anymore, even though changes were made to make him valid in today’s scenery and climate, and then let’s handle that nonesensical paradox by reading reviews on rottentomatoes and understanding what non Bond fans feel about it. Welcome to the 20’s in the 21st century, when we can have blood baths like John Wick (brilliant JW), violent rampages like The Batman, insanely expensive spy films like M:I, but we can’t have films about a womanizer, stylish, escapism driven, exotic, violent, globetrotting, old school, semi imperialistic government spy who is a modern day St. George saving the world from its many dragons.

Or…let’s trust the trustees, and hope they keep James Bond as James Bond and are balsy enough to handle the conscience police, the sensitivity readers and watchers, and the ever growing non informed public opinion. 🤞 Fingers crossed.

Great post. Cheers.

gf.gif?resize=600%2C359

He met with Babs he was at the 007 sound on sound event last year he is going to bond events my gut says he is the next bond and honestly he is not only not my choice he isn’t in my top 5 but I am trying to get around to liking him to be honest
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier

He met with Babs he was at the 007 sound on sound event last year he is going to bond events my gut says he is the next bond and honestly he is not only not my choice he isn’t in my top 5 but I am trying to get around to liking him to be honest

Did you type that without taking a breath?
    I wouldn’t deslike that choice, to be fair, if handled properly. Good actor, right age, good physique, good hair (when dark and not too short), good eyebrow game, … not so good voice unfortunately (but he could make the effort to lower it; hey just look at what happened to Austin Butler). They could do worse. Far worse.
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    edited March 2023 Posts: 565
    Again my honest opinion is not who will be bond but my entire thought process has shifted to what will ATJ bring to the role and as I watch the trailer for Godzilla for the 100th time he still seems uninteresting to me….

But people like David Zaritsky (probably misspelled his name apologies) swear by ATJ so yeah

I also hear he will be a mix of Dalton and Brosnan which is both good and bad

Over all I am trying to wrap my head around it…

And again if I am wrong I am wrong but you don’t meet with Babs this early on if you aren’t her favorite…

Again if we get a new film with perhaps Diamonds (one of my favorite Fleming books) as the source material and an unused short story title (like my personal favorite the Hildebrand rarity) bring back some suspense elements I will gladly overlook the facts that I am suddenly older then bond and that an actor I can barely remember from two films is now one of my favorite characters of all time… it would be like boring guy from avengers end game becoming Macgyver or some guy from a British period piece becoming Batman …..

If we want the series to continue then we'll all surpass the current Bond actor in age at some point. And I'm sure few would've found any of the Bond actors very memorable in their early roles, but everyone's got to start somewhere.
    That’s true. An existential crisis one must surpass, along many others of the same nature. One should feel lucky to have reached this point in life, and celebrate it.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex

ATJ’s wife directed the James Bond Supports International Women’s Day, so that is I think at least part of the reason he’s been showing up to Bond events. Whether that gives him a leg-up on becoming 007 I do not know.

I’m sure he’d be good, but I’m not convinced he’s a lock on the part.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I wouldn’t deslike that choice, to be fair, if handled properly. Good actor, right age, good physique, good hair (when dark and not too short), good eyebrow game, … not so good voice unfortunately (but he could make the effort to lower it; hey just look at what happened to Austin Butler). They could do worse. Far worse.

He would need a great vocal coach.
    talos7 wrote: »

He would need a great vocal coach.

Indeed he would :)
    Again I like his American voice in Godzilla it’s almost craigish
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Kingsman star Taron Egerton: ‘I don’t think I’m the right choice for James Bond’
    https://telegraph.co.uk/films/0/taron-egerton-interview-james-bond-tetris-dieting/

Taron Egerton reaffirms that he's not in the conversation for Bond.

“I don’t think I’m the right choice for it,” he says. “You have to be consistently statuesque to be that guy. And that’s something that I am still striving for. I’ve always struggled with my weight.” When offered a role, he finds himself considering how much gym time is likely to be involved, and the physical commitment needed to attain the required physique. Playing Bond, he notes, “is a bit like being a brand ambassador as well as being an actor. And that could be really fun in microcosm, but I’m sure I read that Barbara Broccoli said that it’s a 15-year commitment.” He pauses. “It’s sort of irrelevant how I feel about it, anyway, because I can tell you there have been zero phone calls.”