Dynamite's Bond comics and graphic novels

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Another prediction from my part. Next month we might learn about Benjamin Percy's Bond thriller and its title, seeing as Eidolon is coming to an end. At the end of VARGR we knew the next chapter was going to be called "Eidolon". With the final chapter of the latter concluding, we might learn the title of the upcoming Bond adventure in the regular ongoing series.

I hope to god it's more than one word lol
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    00Agent wrote: »
    Another prediction from my part. Next month we might learn about Benjamin Percy's Bond thriller and its title, seeing as Eidolon is coming to an end. At the end of VARGR we knew the next chapter was going to be called "Eidolon". With the final chapter of the latter concluding, we might learn the title of the upcoming Bond adventure in the regular ongoing series.

I hope to god it's more than one word lol

Yes lol ....Eidolon is a great title. Hammerhead is an appropriate title but I'm eh about the title. Great book, boring title to me.
    @mcdonbb all the Dynamite comics had one word titles so far, and even the last two movies did. i am just getting a bit tired of it
    @mcdonbb all the Dynamite comics had one word titles so far, and even the last two movies did. i am just getting a bit tired of it

Yes me too.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    @Murdock, the next Bond comic will be called Wavelink. ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

It's cool that they're teasing the name of the next Bond comic like the films did.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Interview with James Robinson about Felix Leiter: very interesting and a character we all know!!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/11/15/james-robinson-talks-expanding-james-bond-universe-felix-leiter/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
    edited November 2016 Posts: 15,423
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Interview with James Robinson about Felix Leiter: very interesting and a character we all know!!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/11/15/james-robinson-talks-expanding-james-bond-universe-felix-leiter/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
    Thanks for the post, @ggl007!

It's cool that they're teasing the name of the next Bond comic like the films did.
    And indeed, Braders. Although, we knew it before VARGR concluded. They usually announce the titles (so far) three months before their release. :D
  • CigaretteLeiterCigaretteLeiter United States
    @Murdock, the next Bond comic will be called Wavelink. ;)

I trust you, you just know.

This may have been mentioned but did anyone catch the interplay between Eve (forgot her last name) and Moneypenny when they introduced themselves?

edited November 2016 Posts: 15,423
    @mcdonbb, @00Agent, @ggl007, @BondJasonBond006, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

This just in!!!!

From Dynamite's February 2017 Solicitations:
    FELIX LEITER #2 (Apparently, it's revealed to be a six-issue miniseries)

BondFelix02-Cov-A-Perkins.jpg
    Cover Art by Mike Perkins

Synopsis:
    It was supposed to be an easy mission. Hot on the trail of a Russian agent in Tokyo, Felix Leiter is unwittingly drawn into the investigation of a major terrorist attack when a suicidal cultist releases a bio-weapon in Shinjuku. Now Felix and Tiger Tanaka – the Japanese James Bond – must track down the villainous cult leader responsible, and unravel the mystery behind their deadly new biological weapon…

HAMMERHEAD #5

JamesBond-Hammerhead-005-Cov-A-Francavilla.jpg
    Cover Art by Francesco Francavilla

Synopsis:
    Kraken’s trap is sprung—and M and Moneypenny are caught in its jaws! As the Royal Navy moves in to retaliate, James Bond leads a covert Special Boat Squadron unit on a suicide mission to infiltrate a nuclear reprocessing facility. But time is running out. The nukes are flying, and death is only a trigger-pull away…

Source link:
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/11/17/exclusive-early-look-crime-espionage-titles-shipping-dynamite-february-2017/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Having just watched You Only Live Twice, it's cool to see Tiger in an action pose, in a Bond comic of all things.
    Oh yes! :D
    Awesome! thanks @ClarkDevlin
    edited November 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Sounds great ...
    but M and Moneypenny keep seeming to get picked off like injuried chicks. Major TWINE redux vibe :( . Still looking forward to it. Best part....big battle scene!!! Do you know how long members here have been begging for a classic battle scene?! Thanks Andy!!!

Thanks @ClarkDevlin for posting :)
    @mcdonbb, I noticed that, too and I was going to make a similar statement regarding the case. I mean... Leave those two where they belong, what the hell?

On the other matter, you're welcome. :D
    edited November 2016 Posts: 5,185
    yeah i had a "not again" feeling about M and Moneypenny as well, but Bond leading a suicide squad into battle makes MORE than up for that :D
    Agreed, it's been years. :D
    yeah i had a "not again" feeling about M and Moneypenny as well, but Bond leading a suicide squad into battle makes MORE than up for that :D

Yes it does!!!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Wow, thanks a lot, @ClarkDevlin! I think the Leiter one is going to be really interesting!
    Regarding the casting thing we've been doing, @mcdonbb, I was meaning to show you this...
    0DTBDwC.jpg
    M from Hammerhead

edc53a91f22678c81ea574f2aca00a82.jpg
    Carl Lumbly as Marcus Dixon from Alias

Do you see it?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I see it @ClarkDevlin
    Absolutely, and Alias is amongst the best TV-Shows ever, Sydney Bristow certainly is my favourite female TV character (besides Star Trek).
    Indeed, @BondJasonBond006. Alias is also among my all-time favourite TV Series. The crossover enthusiast in me couldn't help but link many of these series to Bond and all else. :D
    Nice @ClarkDevlin I can see that. Clever. How Toby Jones for the other villain in Eidolon whom I never remember his name. The knighted one.

I have been picturing Ejiofor as the dynamite M. But I like your choice too.

Still struggling with Lord Hunt ...thought had pegged until tides changed sort to speak.
    I think Toby Jones is more of a minion-type actor rather than a leading villain like Sir Stephen Mackmain. Kenneth Branagh would be brilliant for that role.

Spot on with Ejiofor. He's spectacular. The Jason Masters M is suited for him more than ever. Since Hammerhead is a separate and standalone arc, we could look at it as some kind of an alternate universe thing.

Lord Hunt, judging by the way Casalanguida delivered his look, will be suited brilliantly for Stephen Fry.
    I think Toby Jones is more of a minion-type actor rather than a leading villain like Sir Stephen Mackmain. Kenneth Branagh would be brilliant for that role.

Spot on with Ejiofor. He's spectacular. The Jason Masters M is suited for him more than ever. Since Hammerhead is a separate and standalone arc, we could look at it as some kind of an alternate universe thing.

Lord Hunt, judging by the way Casalanguida delivered his look, will be suited brilliantly for Stephen Fry.

Oh Fry is a good choice ..my thought on Mackmain was Jones because..
    he doesn't last long. And I don't mind if the character is a tad creepy. However reading the book I do agree you ...with "Dr. House" as an alternate.

...oh and thanks :) ...liked yours as well.
    @ClarkDevlin I need my Dynamite Bond fix ...ugh not til Christmas!! Bond humbug
    Long month :!!
    While we wait, here's an article I just stumbled upon:

http://secretagentlair.blogspot.am/2016/12/james-bond-comic-book-day.html
    Very nice find @ClarkDevlin.. thank you. I hope Percy's Bond is developing as planned.