Your Blu-Ray Steelbook Collection (including James Bond Steelbooks)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Bond (B)romance is a nice thing.
    With @Gustav_Graves I could actually do away with that capital B, he's a handsome devil B-)

I've always said Gustav could pass as Stamper's stand-in for TND!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    My steelbook collection:
    0KR595X.jpg
    jake24 wrote: »
    My steelbook collection:
    0KR595X.jpg

They.
    Are.
    LOVELY!
    :-D!
  • RC7RC7
    I'm sorely tempted to frame these on a wall in my house.
    Does anyone know if the "actors" sets are in steelbooks or just normal bluray boxes? I'm tempted to get the flatmate to get me the Timothy Dalton set when he is in America next week if it is. It won't match the others but Goldfinger and GoldenEye don't look out of place alongside the Spectre steelbooks.
    RC7 wrote: »

You do @RC7 :-P?? These days we're truly getting into geek-status no :-P? Man...I can't wait for them to arrive...
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    RC7 wrote: »

I've done that actually :D
    acidie wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the "actors" sets are in steelbooks or just normal bluray boxes? I'm tempted to get the flatmate to get me the Timothy Dalton set when he is in America next week if it is. It won't match the others but Goldfinger and GoldenEye don't look out of place alongside the Spectre steelbooks.

I thinkkk only the Daniel Craig trilogy is in steelbook. Though I wouldn't buy it, as next year probably another Daniel Craig quadrilogy steelbook set will appear with "SPECTRE" included.

It's a nice steelbook though (Mind you! Some of them already have an extra 4-disc insert for "SPECTRE"! Sadly, not all of them....):
    9ByZMAp.jpg
    irHlUrY.jpg
    RFN46md.jpg
    MLOkgxP.jpg
    yuFuinc.jpg
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I can confirm that here also, only the Daniel Craig collection comes in Steelbook.
    I won't ever buy any of these actor collections, my next Bond Bluray will be the Spectre Steelbook (fingers crossed) :D
    I can confirm that here also, only the Daniel Craig collection comes in Steelbook.
    I won't ever buy any of these actor collections, my next Bond Bluray will be the Spectre Steelbook (fingers crossed) :D

The Daniel Craig Collection steelbook with an insert for a 4th disc.....for "SPECTRE"....is really cool though...
    It is really sharp looking, and the extra slot is cool, but I like to think there's a limit to my madness :P If there wasn't I'd probably have 19 copies of each film by now ;)
    Is anyone else now hoping that they release steelbooks of all the other bonds now? I upgraded to bluray and decided I will only get the steelbooks, so I have the Spectre nine and GoldenEye and Goldfinger. Now I want steelbooks of the rest. Hopefully when they release Spectre (surely a steelbook will be issued) they release a few more.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    acidie wrote: »
    Is anyone else now hoping that they release steelbooks of all the other bonds now? I upgraded to bluray and decided I will only get the steelbooks, so I have the Spectre nine and GoldenEye and Goldfinger. Now I want steelbooks of the rest. Hopefully when they release Spectre (surely a steelbook will be issued) they release a few more.

My wallet hopes they don't X_X
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    If the Spectre Nine sold well then I am sure "they" will think up another themed set of steelbook releases. If so maybe Dr No will be included to fill that strange omission in the Spectre Nine.

And of course Spectre itself is bound to have a steelbook release next year. Hopefully it will match the others.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 11,119
    I was checking some online shops, and these steelbooks are running out of stock quite fast. Here's another picture of someone who's not specifically a Bond fan, but who bought the Bond steelbooks anyway:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=120291&page=1133
    septmber%20steelbooks_zpsgqtkf7ey.jpg
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    The prices for the steelbooks at Best Buy have gone up several dollars since their initial release so I decided to buy the rest before the price increased again. Now I have all 9 steelbooks as well as most of the other Bond films from the 2012 series of re-releases.

99qCv1n.jpg
    The prices for the steelbooks at Best Buy have gone up several dollars since their initial release so I decided to buy the rest before the price increased again. Now I have all 9 steelbooks as well as most of the other Bond films from the 2012 series of re-releases.

99qCv1n.jpg

Oh I like you! Having the Batman movies besides Bond speaks for your good taste in movies! :D
    edited October 2015 Posts: 7,526
    A little too much Tarantino for my tastes, personally, but overall, wonderful collection @Seven_Point_Six_Five :)

Also cheers to names with numbers spelled out ;)
    Well finally guys, my entire James Bond steelbook collection is complete. And here it is :-):
    Ckdh2k.jpg
    o9VN2p.jpg
    zSDNZI.jpg
    Bn3pax.jpg
    OQP0mw.jpg
    t3vLfQ.jpg
    Nh6n4z.jpg
    Zu8pYP.jpg
    edited October 2015 Posts: 40,490
    So I didn't realize that Wal-Mart had the same covers as a slipcover instead of a steelbook, and since the steelbooks are now sold out everywhere, my girlfriend called from Wal-Mart and asked if I wanted one. Had to go with one of my favorites, FYEO. Still looks great!

EDIT: Wow. Did a little searching around online and found the FYEO steelbook for sale for only $12.50, and she's getting me that one instead. I love this woman.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    So I didn't realize that Wal-Mart had the same covers as a slipcover instead of a steelbook, and since the steelbooks are now sold out everywhere, my girlfriend called from Wal-Mart and asked if I wanted one. Had to go with one of my favorites, FYEO. Still looks great!

EDIT: Wow. Did a little searching around online and found the FYEO steelbook for sale for only $12.50, and she's getting me that one instead. I love this woman.

Sounds as though you've found your Tracy.

I made some better pictures of my steelbook collection. This time around I sorted them on (spectral) color code :-):

DSC_1734.jpg
    DSC_1733.jpg
    DSC_1738.jpg
    DSC_1730.jpg
    DSC_1739.jpg
    DSC_1740.jpg
    @eddychaput, I do believe I have!

@Gustav_Graves, the way you organized them (via spectral color) is beautiful and makes them stand out even more!
    I will shortly (which means somewhere during the next month) present mine too here but in a very different way, you'll see.

By the way @Gustav_Graves where is the original QOS steelbook? I thought you have that too.
    And what's that Craig collection steelbook? Mine looks different...I'm confused, obviously there are two versions of it, damn...
    @BondJasonBond006, I had no idea that there was an original QoS steelbook. Is it just the shot of Bond and Camille in the desert?
    @BondJasonBond006, I had no idea that there was an original QoS steelbook. Is it just the shot of Bond and Camille in the desert?

I believe this steelbook is extremely rare.

It is the shot of Bond in the desert walking with that big bad gun in his right hand.

I believe this steelbook is extremely rare.

It is the shot of Bond in the desert walking with that big bad gun in his right hand.

Yes, I checked them both out. There have been two previously released steelbooks from QOS, though only one had the size of a Blu-Ray casing and the other one was actually a DVD steelbook.

This is the 2-disc DVD steelbook of "QOS" (appeared only in Germany and Netherlands. DVD-sized casing):
    f3335187.jpg
    dvd_QOS_SB11.jpg
    $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG

Then there was a PS3/BluRay/Xbox steelbook from "QOS" (which basically was the casing for the videogame, also in XBox-format, and contained the game disc, with movie and game, as well as a 2nd disc with bonus features. casing is BluRay-sized):
    007qs_ce_360_ntsc1.jpg
    ps3-007-quantum-solace-edico-especial-steelbook-14778-MLB20089696879_052014-F.jpg
    amea2s.jpg
    100_0028-7.jpg
    007qs_ce_360_ntsc2.jpg

All of the above two steelbooks don't really have my interest. I don't need a DVD-steelbook. And the Videogame/BluRay steelbook looks pretty lame....design-wise. Just a golden 007-logo and that's about it.

The first ever proper steelbook release in BluRay-format was the "CR" one, which was released by MediaMarkt Germany in 2009 as an entire collection with 21 titles. Hence why that "CR"-steelbook is very rare:
    Steelbook_Mediamarkt_21_2.jpg
    Steelbook_Mediamarkt_21_1.jpg
    I am pretty sure "SPECTRE" will also get the steelbook treatment February/March 2015. But do you guys/girls think there's a chance the other 12 official Bond films will get a proper steelbook release as well?
    Well I got 11 Bond movies as steelbooks out of the 23.
    I guess those new ones sell pretty good.

The problem is if they release the other 12 at some point, what will the design be?
    But anyway, I'll buy 'em. I collect.

I'll photograph my vast collection one of these days.
    I mean I got a lot more than just those steelbooks.
    I have the special edition dvd's in the silver suitcase which is fabulous.
    I got all LaserDiscs up to TND.
    I got all the original DVD releases from the Bond movies.

I got model cars galore, Poker Sets, the Bond 50 Blu-ray box, the new James Bond Collection Blu-ray box.

I know I'm crazy....

and I probably even forgot to list some...
    Nice collections! I'll try to take some photos of my Bond bluray collection at some point.