X-Men (2000 - 20)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You should check them out again. Those were the best years of the X-Men.
  • I have been slowly buying digital comics, only bought DC so far though will look for collections on Kindle of Xmen from that period
  • http://collider.com/x-men-tv-series-jamie-chung-bryan-singer/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial

Not really heard much about the TV show, I am a fan of this actress it's peaked my interest
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Apparently this is at the end of Logan. It was my understanding there'd be no end credits sequence so I didn't stay for it.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Weird. From what I've heard, it's before Logan.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    For me it was right before Logan started but Stan Lee was cut from the version I saw.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @doubleoego from my understanding that Deadpool 2 teaser was only shown in USA cinemas.
    I got excited when Deadpool on the screen. I was like, "Holy crap they kept this a massive secret! Deadpool and Wolverine in the same movie!" That obviously didn't happen.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm in Canada; the Deadpool 2 teaser was shown before Logan.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    So what did we all think of Logan? I thought it was petty good but it felt very long though and I don't think the second half of the film was as strong as the first.
    I am in Norway, and it was shown before Logan here, too. Including the Stan Lee scene.
    I was floored by how amazing Logan was. Truly didn't see it going the way it went. So pleasantly shocked at how it ended. I'm a 29 year old man who cried and cried throughout the movie. 5/5
    Did anyone see the Graham Norton show with Jackman, Stewart and McKellen as guests?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Just a random question for those who are well versed in the comics, like @DarthDimi and @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7: what would happen if the X Men film series is rebooted in 10/15 years? What new backstory can they come up with for Magneto?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @DaltonCraig007, I'm not a big X-Men guy, so I'm not an authority on much of it.

I think what most fans would want down the line is for Marvel to get the rights to all the characters so they could do their version of X-Men (the right one, basically), as the Fox movies have nerfed or completely altered the major characters in ways people didn't like, especially when it comes to Rogue and Jean. People will say they screwed up Wolverine too, but you can't let Wolverine go full Wolverine in a PG to PG-13 series so I try to take it easy on them in that regard. Modern superhero movies were only just coming back once the X-Men films started, and there's just no way the studio would've allowed Logan to lop people's heads off and dismember them to pieces.

As for Magneto, I think if Fox continue his story or revamp him in the future, or Marvel get the rights by some miracle, they should just make the character who he is. The films pussyfoot around him a lot. Is he good? Is he bad? In the comics he can shift in morality, but as a whole he's a guy who thinks mutants are superior to humans and he will do anything to protect mutants from the human race, as he despises them for how they treat his kind. In future movies I'd like to see him as a far more tragic guy, who started off facing the Holocaust and its oppressive force, and that life event caused him to be scarred for life as his ideology ultimately became tainted with cynicism and aggression. He's a nasty and cold man, but it's very much due to the effect of his environment on him as opposed to him just naturally being that way. They could get a lot of mileage out of a character like that, as he has depth and feels very human (despite the mutant part).
    Thanks @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. I was also wondering on a logical point of view also. I mean, if in 15/20 years time they keep portraying Magneto as a Holocaust survivor, won't his age start causing a problem? At some point WW2 will be way too far in the past for him to be alive in current times, no? Professor X looked pretty damn old in 'Logan', and that film takes place around 2025 if I remember well. What happens when we go past that point in about 10 years? Prof X and Magneto will be over 100 years old by then.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Thanks @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. I was also wondering on a logical point of view also. I mean, if in 15/20 years time they keep portraying Magneto as a Holocaust survivor, won't his age start causing a problem? At some point WW2 will be way too far in the past for him to be alive in current times, no? Professor X looked pretty damn old in 'Logan', and that film takes place around 2025 if I remember well. What happens when we go past that point in about 10 years? Prof X and Magneto will be over 100 years old by then.

You're right, that'll be an issue for them. If they wanted to keep to comic origins for them, they'd have to treat the films they did as period pieces, as they did with Singer's latest ones, to avoid them overaging too far.
    Logan takes place in 2029.
    If they keep with the time pattern of this new trilogy of X-Men movies (60's, 70's & 80's) then this one ought to be in the 90's and it could potentially be the closest we get to a live adaption of the old cartoon! That, and the Jim Lee era, was the best of X-Men to me!
    @Master_Dahark I believe it has been confirmed that the next X-Men movie(s) will take place in the 90's.

So cool.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    First teaser for Bryan Singer's X-Men television series, titled 'The Gifted':

I didn't even know Singer was doing X-Men stuff outside the films.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    First teaser for Bryan Singer's X-Men television series, titled 'The Gifted':

Is this in a separate universe or the same?

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Supposed to be the same.
    Not so sure I will bother with this?
    I'll give it a try, but I've got five other superhero shows I watch, don't want too many.