New members - introduce yourself

Comments

Dear Mi6...

Just introducing myself to u all.. hello :-)

Im a longtime Bond nut just want to discuss a bit about Bond with you all here at Mi6. My avatar is a picture of me when I went to a fancy dress party at work (I went as Bond, James Bond 007 ;-)

I'm still looking for my Vesper :-)

My favorite James Bond is Daniel Craig and my favorite James bond movie is Casio Royale
    Hello and welcome @Focas! CR is my favorite Bond film as well.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Welcome Focas.
    Welcome one and all to the 007 nerd madhouse....
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Welcome to the asylum. I'm an inmate, but I run it too.
  • NSGWNSGW London
    Hello Mi6,

Long time fan of the films, although I must admit I have only just began my journey through Fleming's novels (read CR and LALD so far, just started MR). Looking forward to joining the conversation with other fans :)
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Welcome, and enjoy the novels. MR is my absolute favourite.
    Welcome to the mad house of MI6 @NSGW ...personally my favourite Bond novel is DAF but im in the minority haha !!
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Welcome one and all. Hope you join in the conversation and enjoy the forum. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on all things Bond. This place is my go to website these days. Plenty of interesting debates and even after all these years - I still learn things about 007 on here!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    NSGW.does it stand for anything special? Or is that a secret?

Anyway, welcome to the jungle.
  • NSGWNSGW London
    NSGW.does it stand for anything special? Or is that a secret?

Anyway, welcome to the jungle.

Simply my initials I'm afraid, I couldn't think of a good enough Bond related pun that would've perhaps been more appropriate. I considered 'Smiert Spionam' but having a username meaning 'death to spies' on a James Bond forum seemed somehow wrong.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Hi everyone, joining the MI6-HQ community is something that I have long been thinking about...since leaving the alt.fan.james-bond newsgroup about fifteen years ago. But I ended up on the IMDb board...so tonight is the time to correct all past mistakes.

I once chose j_w_pepper as my screen name without much love for the character (he was ok in LALD, but they should have kept them out of TMWTGG), but it grew on me and I have been j_w_pepper for twelve years by now. So I'm glad that name wasn't taken here.

I saw my first Bond film in the late sixties or about 1970, a matinee re-run of Goldfinger. The first one I saw in its initial cinema run was LALD in 1973...three times in 1974. For the last ten years, the most recent Bond film (QOS, SF, SP) was the only time I went to a theatre at all. Other than that, I wait for other movies'
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    ...(sorry, wrong key) Blu-ray to become affordable. So, from my point of view, Bond films are the only thing to keep German movie theatres alive.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    We look forward to having you around, @j_w_pepper.
    Gee, I love being an "Original"... I'll check that dedicated thread at some time.
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    Hi, all Roadphill here, new user.

I am one of the soon to be many, IMDB refugees. Hope not to annoy you veterans too much.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2017 Posts: 10,588
    Not at all, @Roadphill. You are all welcome here.
    Welcome all, but know your place.
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    jake24 wrote: »
    Not at all, @Roadphill. You are all welcome here.
    Much appreciated.
    I'm liking this slew of new members.
    Thanks, Jake.
    They can t be worse than most of you old guys.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Thanks, Jake.
    No problem. It's nice to have all you guys on board.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Great to meet you all...now pay attention...There are three things we will all try to teach you...never let them see you bleed, always have an escape plan and STOP TOUCHING YOUR EAR!!!!
  • pking_3pking_3 Punting under the Bridge of Sighs
    Hi mi6community,

First, thank you for the warm welcomes mixed with sporadic suspicion/territoriality (a theory which I happen to agree with). Makes me feel at home, already.

I look forward to perusing what this neighborhood has to offer, and I hope we can transfer the core of the IMDb group here, as there are many valuable interlocutors and voices worthy of Bondly respect.

And a few others, also.

Me? I love Bond movies, Fleming books, and literary/film analysis, particularly.

I don't particularly like disputes about the comparative merits of any two stories/actors/movies; to me that past time is like playing inside a septic tank when there's a beautiful playground all around us, being ignored.

And I can vouch for pepper and phil; they are two of the good ones.

So, what defines "Original?"
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Welcome newbies one and all take your time to have a good look around and see for yourself how we work things arround here any questions you may have come and ask us normaly we don't bite enjoy the ride at MI6.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Ah, fresh blood. Welcome aboard, everyone.
  • pking_3pking_3 Punting under the Bridge of Sighs
    Birdleson wrote: »
    "Originals"are fans who's first Bond film starred Connery or Lazenby and seen in the sixties (or DAF in '71).

Ah, thanks. Therefore, I am not an Original.

I am, however, proud to say my first Bond starred Roger Moore in a little-known arthouse flick going by the name of Moonraker. Whatever that makes me, that's what I am.

• Well actually being an "Original" comes with an elevator pass to the pool on the roof, but other than that we're all treated equally.
  • I wasn't supposed to know that. No one was.