Has Bond ever laughed in a film?

Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
edited January 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 2,721
Of course he's smiled but I can't remember him ever laughing. Or especially not, as the kids say, 'LOL'.

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited January 2013 Posts: 9,117

Tim in LTK when he kisses Della, realises the seaplane is full of money and when he says 'Its a mans world' to Pam (who said LTK and Dalts were grim its a veriable gag fest).

Brozza in the back of the BMW in the car park in TND.

Dan when hes at the table with Vesper after the game (cant remember the line offhand).

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Indeed he has, I especially recall Connery's era. There is a great part in FRWL for example where he is sitting with Kerim and the gypsy men at the table while getting a dance, and Sean lets out a big laugh. I always smile at that part, because it feels like Sean was having such a great/entertaining time he couldn't keep a straight face and they just left it in.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Tim in LTK when he kisses Della, realises the seaplane is full of money and when he says 'Its a mans world' to Pam.

Who said LTK was grim?

Excellent! Both genuine laughing moments!
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 11,189
    Craig in CR
    Dalton in LTK
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    See 1:09-1:11 to spot Bond/Sean laughing:

Also, in both CR and QoS Bond and Mathis laugh at each others jokes and Dan's Bond often has friendly smirks or smiles that turn into little laughs. I think of him smiling and giving a sort of laugh after Vesper walks away after their first meeting, and Bond also laughs with Vesper quite heartily during their victory dinner when Bond beats Le Chiffre. It is right here near the start:
    See 1:09-1:11 to spot Bond/Sean laughing:

Also, in both CR and QoS Bond and Mathis laugh at each others jokes and Dan's Bond often has friendly smirks or smiles that turn into little laughs. I think of him smiling and giving a sort of laugh after Vesper walks away after their first meeting, and Bond also laughs with Vesper quite heartily during their victory dinner when Bond beats Le Chiffre. It is right here near the start:

Great spotting on FRWL! It's my favourite Bond film and I'd never noticed that! I love discovering things like that so thank you!

I had a suspicion Craig might have done some slight chuckle in the many scenes of banter with Vesper.
    In cr when he is recovering and the swiss banker arrives with the money.

"did you bring chocolates?"
    "i am afraid not..ha ha"

Dan finds him amusing and allows himself a small chuckle.
  • I always wondered if that laugh wasn't scripted, but rather Craig just laughing on his own. I mean, how could you not laugh at that guy? :))
    @Major_Boothroyd, glad I could help! One of my favorites as well, such an espionage masterpiece. Every time I see that scene I can't help but smile. I wonder who got Sean laughing. Maybe it was the belly dancing or some of the crew doing some antics or just a joke he was thinking of, because it very much seems genuine and unlikely it was scripted. Moments like that show me that Sean was really enjoying himself, and that is something I always love to see. One of the many hidden gems in FRWL.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 183
    As well as all the above, I also recall Dalton laughing when he says "Are you calling me a horses arse?"

I really hate that scene though...
    TPM007 wrote:
    As well as all the above, I also recall Dalton laughing when he says "Are you calling me a horses arse?"

I really hate that scene though...
    Yes. He and Kara had a very playful relationship considering the circumstances.
  • Also in QoS when Camille asks Bond if he's offended that she slept with Greene to get into his organization...he outright laughs and says something to the effect of "Not in the slightest!".
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Love Daltons menacing chuckle right after " im more a problem eliminator" LTK. This is why people underestimate Dalton so much, he was a real rogue Bond. Sardonic to the last. Brilliant stuff.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    In Goldeneye, when he's racing with Xenia, he drops a very good laugh.
    Ofcourse he has. Off the top of my head? Tim in LTK when he is in Sanchez office! and others above!
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Tim in LTK when he kisses Della, realises the seaplane is full of money and when he says 'Its a mans world' to Pam (who said LTK and Dalts were grim its a veriable gag fest).

Brozza in the back of the BMW in the car park in TND.

Dan when hes at the table with Vesper after the game (cant remember the line offhand).

sorry, that last hand...nearly killed me

• LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Sean in FRWL ; the Gypsies fight scenes.

Thunderball ; I may be wrong but Fiona's death line amused himself ("telling my friend she's just dead")

Roger in the end of the opening scene of Octopussy (when he's with that infiltrated female colleague)

Tim in LTK opening scene's Felix wedding (happy laugh)

Pierce in the GoldenEye driving scene with Xenia (the best laugh and fun moment IMO), pillow jokes with Natalyia in Cuba, the last picture and dialogue.

TND, in the carpark after winning his "bonus" with the BMW

(TWINE, about Molly Warmflash's report of excellent stamina ; he smiled so much and seemed very amused, precisely when Moneypenny talked about the female doctor's "job in hand" ; telling with an amused smile "Davidov was buried with work" to that quidam guard who didn't catch the line)
    in TWINE, lacking of "sour cream" wiht Christmas Jones and Zukovsky seeking in his own caviar.

(DAD, malicious smiles when Giacintha introduced herself at the bar)

Daniel in the CR's torture scene (he's lol about Le Chiffre "scratching his balls") - second best laugh IMO)

It's what I remember straight away.
  • The cackle fest in Sanchez's office is the best!
    In TND when he accedently flips on Wai Lin's dragon flamethrower. Very novel
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Roger in The Spy Who Loved Me after his Egyptian contact says "JAMES BOND what a wonderful surprise after all these years do sit down."
    Duh, how could I forget CR's torture scene. And Bond and Mathis share a laugh when the bodies of Obanno and his man are used to frame one of Le Chiffre's men (when they are in his trunk). I think they also share another earlier when Mathis uses a photoshopped picture to get to MGW (acting as another man close to Le Chiffre).
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I think that's one of the bigger laughs we see out of Bond: CR's torture scene.
    In License to Kill, very surprisingly, after Lupe says "Don't you know? Iguanas are a girl's best friend!"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I think that's one of the bigger laughs we see out of Bond: CR's torture scene.
    Ironic in the most painful was conceivable.
    This is great stuff - it appears the most laughs are from Dalton and Craig! The two most serious Bonds!
    This is great stuff - it appears the most laughs are from Dalton and Craig! The two most serious Bonds!
    I love the irony, though I enjoy this thread because I never thought about this question at all! :D
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    ehehehehe.....heeeheeeheeeheeeheeehee....now the whole world's going to know you died scratching my balls...heeheeheehee
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    w2bond wrote:
    ehehehehe.....heeeheeeheeeheeeheeehee....now the whole world's going to know you died scratching my balls...heeheeheehee

An awful moment that ruined finally seeing one of Flemings most disturbing scenes on film.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    w2bond wrote:

An awful moment that ruined finally seeing one of Flemings most disturbing scenes on film.

I quite agree. Such a shame.
  • I love Dalton's laugh at the end of LTK:

'Don't you know- iguanas are a girls best friend!'

'Ha ha ha ha. Ha ha ha ha.' :|

lol It felt like he was laughing at her stupid joke just to be polite!