Coke back for 'Skyfall' partnership, details firmly under wraps

Comments

• RC7RC7
    Agree with Germanlady, for me the reason the ad works is precisely why so many people don't like it - it features a "regular guy" imagining being like Bond. To me a lot more guys relate to that in the real world than relate to watching Bond himself do something (they may relate more to that in their heads, but as I said in the real world it's different).

The concept is fine and completely fits Coke Zero's brand indentity. The problem is in the execution, which is poor.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    2jebxjm.jpg
    Very nice! Is that you, @marketto007?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    gt007 wrote:

No, no. Found the pic online!!! This coke campaign probably won't arrive here in Brazil. :/

• gt007gt007 Station G
    gt007 wrote:

No, no. Found the pic online!!! This coke campaign probably won't arrive here in Brazil. :/

Unfortunately I have the same feeling about Greece.

• Referring to all three adverts posted, I like all three!! QOS is slick and stylish the one with PB is fun and tongue in cheek and the new one for the latest campaign is very simple but witty and clever marketing as it's saying let's all have a little fun and pretend to be Bond.
  • RC7 wrote:
    Agree with Germanlady, for me the reason the ad works is precisely why so many people don't like it - it features a "regular guy" imagining being like Bond. To me a lot more guys relate to that in the real world than relate to watching Bond himself do something (they may relate more to that in their heads, but as I said in the real world it's different).

The concept is fine and completely fits Coke Zero's brand indentity. The problem is in the execution, which is poor.

Yep I agree with you. They could've done much, much better.
    I have the last one. Actually a nice story going with it. I bought the bottle at Harrods the day after the premiere and was checking in the airport and yes - Stephen Hawking next to me. How awesome is that?
    OK, so the bottle contains liquid, so they were going to take it. I must have looked REALLY sad, because one had a heart, went to the bathroom and emptied it for me :x
    Now its standing in a board in my living room.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    That advert was shocking, *puts on dressing gown* positively shocking.

I don't have a dinner jacket.
  • I wasnt expecting the advert to be like that. But i didnt mind it, it was funny and after all, it is a coke advert. It doesnt have to be like a bond intro sequence every time
  • I wonder when the advert for heineken will be on?. Does anyone know anything.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 816
    I kinda like this commercial, but 7UP did the same concept years earlier, and IMO they did it a lot better!

• lol ive never seen this haa cool. much better . I take that back then. coke zero advery rubish lol
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I wonder when the advert for heineken will be on?. Does anyone know anything.

The 21st of this month, is the planned date. Two weeks today.
  • That 7 UP ad just makes the Coke on look even worse.
  • That 7 UP ad just makes the Coke on look even worse.

or thanks for that. looking forward to that advert. as it will have bond himself in it. thanks again
  • Nah. I still prefer the Coke one

• coke is not to bad no. I mean, the bit where he gets on a moped instead of aston martin is funny. its ok for coke, just not what i expected.
    I could really go for a Coke now, and I'm usually a Pepsi fan (though I try not to drink soft drink too often). Well done, Bond Coke advertising...
  • same here, pepsi takes a bit nicer i think. but im getting coke when i see it, just for the skyfall image lol
    The COKE Ad now in 1080p.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Nicely done @marketto007. Hopefully MI6 post it on the front page.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Here they are:

2012-09-12+-+1

And no, it is not me who holds the cans, i just needed som help if i were going to have the QoS poster in the background ;)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Well done, MrBond! Judging by that poster, I'm sure Bond and Camille could have done with some cold drinks, too! ;)
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Shame though that the glass bottles wasn't avaible.
    And i have to buy two so i can save atleast one of them.
    I might have to get my hands on one. Would they sell them here in Australia? I've got a small Coca Cola collection, most notably an unopened 'Sydney Yacht Race' bottle from 1987. No Bond/Coke merchandise though, unfortunately.
    Where's mine? :(

:D
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    And i gotta say, they taste bloody good to ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 23,561
    I like Coke Zero so I will consume a can regularly. Good thing it's not the regular type that promotes SF (or is it the other way around? ;-) ). That sugar... it would nearly kill me. ;-)
  • DarthDimi wrote:
    I like Coke Zero so I will consume a can regularly. Good thing it's not the regular type that promotes SF (or is it the other way around? ;-) ). That sugar... it would nearly kill me. ;-)

Actually, you gain more fat (about 14%) drinking so-called "diet" pop. It has to do with the artificial sweeteners that they use.

Skyfall007Fan @Skyfall007Fan
    Dutch language Coke Zero #Skyfall website goes live with TV ad and competitions
    http://cokezero.nl/skyfall/

Skyfall007Fan @Skyfall007Fan
    Despite Dutch Coke Zero #Skyfall website being live, an English website is MIA, and http://cokezero.com/007 URL, seen in packaging, is not live