No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Harris is looking better, IMO. She's not as anorexic as she was before.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Contraband wrote: »
    71154930.jpg?imageId=71154930&x=0&y=7.461095890411&cropw=100&croph=80.684931506849&width=980&height=590
    Anyone recognise which country this licence plate belongs to?

Switzerland maybe? At least they have two letter code for the canton followed by up to 6 numerical digits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Switzerland

Could be, but I don't see a dot behind the canton. Do they have other types as well?

Don't know yet. Trying to find out as we speak. Scrolling through this one:

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Europe.html

The red mark after the two first letters looks like the oblates/stickers we used to have on our cars here in Norway (up until 2012), to show that you've paid the annual road traffic insurance tax. Each year had a different colour. The older registration plates didn't feature the blue mark on the left with the Norwegian flag and the "N" - neither does the car pictured above. On the other hand, this car has a six number digit, not five as we have here. The font looks different too.

Oblat.jpeg

Norwegian license plates 1971-2001:
    800px-Norwegian_license_plate_1971-2001.JPG

Current license plates:
    Norwegian_number_plate.jpg
    Could the Norway shoot incl. the lake/villa in march be a stand-in for Switzerland? I mean the similarities in general: the nature, cold snowy winter, terrain/roads, etc, and now the potential license plate or did I just insult @Torgeirtrap :-S

It could be the case of course, but would the Film Institute splash out that amount of incentives if the country is to just double for someplace else? I hope not.

Since I'm a fellow Scandinavian I seem to remember the thing with your oblates/stickers. Have been in Oslo many times. As you know it only takes a few hours by car from Sweden to Oslo.

In this case it's a little bit weird with the plates. Norway - five digits. Bond Plate - Six digits. I'm still leaning against Switzerland. And perhaps the reason why they don't shoot in the swiss alps is maybe they got a good deal via the norwegian tax incentives (or not any incentives/help at all from the swiss government which would be just stupid given the PR value).

Or maybe I'm overthinking this....
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited June 2019 Posts: 524

That guy is Craig in both the beige and black jacket? Can't imagine what other character he is.

Also that beige jacket looks a lot like the one the bloke on The Bond Experience was hinting at in his recent video. I can't be the only one who thinks it's hideous.

So if the bloke in the Aston is meant to be Bond (and I have no reason to believe it's not so), it's yet another outfit in which Bond is not in a suit.

I don't want to worry everyone, but could it be a conscious choice by our new costume designer to not feature Bond in a suit at all? Some strange and unexpected casual outfits...
    71154930.jpg?imageId=71154930&x=0&y=7.461095890411&cropw=100&croph=80.684931506849&width=980&height=590
    Anyone recognise which country this licence plate belongs to?

Switzerland maybe? At least they have two letter code for the canton followed by up to 6 numerical digits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Switzerland

Could be, but I don't see a dot behind the canton. Do they have other types as well?

Don't know yet. Trying to find out as we speak. Scrolling through this one:

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Europe.html

The red mark after the two first letters looks like the oblates/stickers we used to have on our cars here in Norway (up until 2012), to show that you've paid the annual road traffic insurance tax. Each year had a different colour. The older registration plates didn't feature the blue mark on the left with the Norwegian flag and the "N" - neither does the car pictured above. On the other hand, this car has a six number digit, not five as we have here. The font looks different too.

Oblat.jpeg

Norwegian license plates 1971-2001:
    800px-Norwegian_license_plate_1971-2001.JPG

Current license plates:
    Norwegian_number_plate.jpg
    Could the Norway shoot incl. the lake/villa in march be a stand-in for Switzerland? I mean the similarities in general: the nature, cold snowy winter, terrain/roads, etc, and now the potential license plate or did I just insult @Torgeirtrap :-S

It could be the case of course, but would the Film Institute splash out that amount of incentives if the country is to just double for someplace else? I hope not.

Since I'm a fellow Scandinavian I seem to remember the thing with your oblates/stickers. Have been in Oslo many times. As you know it only takes a few hours by car from Sweden to Oslo.

In this case it's a little bit weird with the plates. Norway - five digits. Bond Plate - Six digits. I'm still leaning against Switzerland. And perhaps the reason why they don't shoot in the swiss alps is maybe they got a good deal via the norwegian tax incentives (or not any incentives/help at all from the swiss government which would be just stupid given the PR value).

Or maybe I'm overthinking this....

You didn't have a similar thing with oblates in Sweden? Quite glad it isn't a thing anymore. You only had to put the sticker on, but still, the way they do it now is better.

It's difficult to predict how the scenes in Norway will fit the story. The forrest scene could be any snowy location, but the Atlantic Road…I just hope it will be Norway on screen.
    Well, we used to have a blue/white sticker-thing in the middle of the plate. With a number 1-12 representing each month meaning that time of the year we had to go through mandatory vehicle inspection.

Let's say the scenes plays out in Norway. No more, no less. That doesn't mean that the car still could be a swiss one. But that still doesn't solve the mystery. Why the swiss-like plates? Swiss scientist, his wife and their childlike doll (as in the 13 year old girl maybe)?

At the same time we have the Aston Martin with british plates and the two chasing jeeps with unknown plates.

Man, this bugs me.
    Porton Down, does this mean chemical weapons is part of the plot?

Maybe taking inspiration from the use of Novichok in Salisbury? There has been talk of the villains being Russian and/or Middle Eastern.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,279
    Well, we used to have a blue/white sticker-thing in the middle of the plate. With a number 1-12 representing each month meaning that time of the year we had to go through mandatory vehicle inspection.

Let's say the scenes plays out in Norway. No more, no less. That doesn't mean that the car still could be a swiss one. But that still doesn't solve the mystery. Why the swiss-like plates? Swiss scientist, his wife and their childlike doll (as in the 13 year old girl maybe)?

At the same time we have the Aston Martin with british plates and the two chasing jeeps with unknown plates.

Man, this bugs me.

I see. It seems like stickers/oblates were "the thing" back in the day!
    Indeed, no matter if the sequences are meant to be happening here or not, the cars themselves could belong to any other country - depending on how it fits the story. The cars are a bit of a mystery as far as the plates go.

Add to that this quote from one of the Dagbladet articles, covering the test rounds they did on a track Tuesday:
    One of the stunt exercises involves having one of two brown Toyotas first following, then overtaking the Aston Martin classic. Eventually they also practice skidding with both Range Rovers at high speed.
    I think Craig’s injury is worse than they’re saying.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I’d really love for EON to drop a nice surprise on us soon. I’m sure they are aware of all the negative press surrounding Bond 25 so far. They oughta counteract that by giving us something official relating to the movie. An image, a poster, a behind the scenes clip. Something to prove production is running smoothly despite the latest predicaments.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I think Craig’s injury is worse than they’re saying.
    You’re just trolling for negativity.

First ever flashback in a Bond movie?
    Getafix wrote: »
    First ever flashback in a Bond movie?

Was in OHMSS.

Man, this bugs me.

I live in Switzerland - those aren't Swiss plates.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    They could be just film plates. Don t have to be genuine or mean anything.
    octofinger wrote: »

Man, this bugs me.

Then I stand corrected with shame and a red face.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,279
    At least we got that confirmed; thanks @octofinger!
    The plates can be just movie plates and not real ones, as you write @Thunderfinger. Would be fun if they revealed more though.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Fairly certain this film won't use flashbacks.

Daniel being on crutches is both a negative and a positive. Doctors don't tend to give crutches now when something is broken, as the 'boot' allows you to walk on the foot and leave pressure off.

It's likely the crutches are there for Craig to not unnecessarily use the ankle. I suppose it's akin to a singer not speaking or using their voice between performances.

Also, I found this new photo on IG. i think it's our best look at the car yet:

• PavloPavlo Ukraine
    I think we are entering period of no photos from production. Second unit probably ended its work in Norway (I think first unit will come to Norway afer UK shoot, but for a short period of time before a Matera shoot), first unit is currently filming in Pinewood (we quite certainly won't get photos from there). I think we'll get some information for a next couple of weeks only from articles of Mirror, Sun, Daily Mail or some Instagram stories. But I do hope that EON will fill this informational gap by some statements or even shots from Bond 25.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    When are they supposed to film in Matera again?

Man, this bugs me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhslqQrRFrk
    My wager is that we don't have a proper 'car chase' per se in Norway. There might be some fast driving or something - maybe a rushed transit from A to B. But given it was a pretty quick shot I'd guess that we won't see all sorts of gunplay or explosions.

Man, this bugs me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhslqQrRFrk

Haha.. Good one.
    edited June 2019 Posts: 3,018
    BTW: In the Sun's article the other day regarding the blast, there was a fresh wide shot of Pinewood with the backlot in the distance. Right behind 007-stage you can see green screens and the cranes which is the set piece I posted yesterday.

But even further in the back, at the new expanded backlot (the area is called Saul's farm I think), there is another big set piece with green screens. It's impossible to see what it is but something tells me that is also a Bond-set.

https://thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9223103/james-bond-set-pinewood-studios-explosion/

https://thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/NINTCHDBPICT000495209303.jpg?w=670

NINTCHDBPICT000495209303.jpg?w=670

I know it doesn't add any new vital info, it was just a spotting on my part.

My wager is that we don't have a proper 'car chase' per se in Norway. There might be some fast driving or something - maybe a rushed transit from A to B. But given it was a pretty quick shot I'd guess that we won't see all sorts of gunplay or explosions.

This might not be the case. More below. Also the second unit will continue shooting for the next 5 months. They have a very complicated, technical and laborious job.

Also, for those reading the recent MI6-HQ article, you'll know that the second unit are moving on Åndalsnes and will shoot there till next the 14th June. There is no suggestion as to whether the main unit will join them yet, but it's looking unlikely currently since we know night shoots are occurring at Pinewood for the next two weeks.

trollstigen-near-andalsnes-norway-scandinavia-europe-HG570M.jpg
    ?image=%2fdmsimgs%2fB5FF08F2780BB11C8269C978A62420B21665A44A.jpg&action=ProductDetailFullWidth
    1200x800-1-70-98d414ec8348ab13bc7ad80234e7deb3.jpg
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    When are they supposed to film in Matera again?

According to Variety (first posted news about Matera), @DonnyDB5, they will film in Matera in late July. I think Bond 25 will be filming in UK till end of June - early July (based on EON statement to locals about gunfire filming and knowing that some scenes will be filmed in London). After that Cary will have some time to shoot Norway before going to Italy.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    BTW: In the Sun's article the other day regarding the blast, there was a fresh wide shot of Pinewood with the backlot in the distance. Right behind 007-stage you can see green screens and the cranes which is the set piece I posted yesterday.

But even further in the back, at the new expanded backlot (the area is called Saul's farm I think), there is another big set piece with green screens. It's impossible to see what it is but something tells me that is also a Bond-set.

https://thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9223103/james-bond-set-pinewood-studios-explosion/

https://thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/NINTCHDBPICT000495209303.jpg?w=670

NINTCHDBPICT000495209303.jpg?w=670

I know it doesn't add any new vital info, it was just a spotting on my part.

Interesting - are this cranes used to build the set of immitate port's dock for loading in Jamaica or Cuba?...
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

This might not be the case. More below. Also the second unit will continue shooting for the next 5 months. They have a very complicated, technical and laborious job.

Also, for those reading the recent MI6-HQ article, you'll know that the second unit are moving on Åndalsnes and will shoot there till next the 14th June. There is no suggestion as to whether the main unit will join them yet, but it's looking unlikely currently since we know night shoots are occurring at Pinewood for the next two weeks.

trollstigen-near-andalsnes-norway-scandinavia-europe-HG570M.jpg
    ?image=%2fdmsimgs%2fB5FF08F2780BB11C8269C978A62420B21665A44A.jpg&action=ProductDetailFullWidth
    1200x800-1-70-98d414ec8348ab13bc7ad80234e7deb3.jpg

We don't know if second unit will work for next 5 months. They can be done in Norway. It all depends on specifics of production.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So Black Widow and Bond both in Åndalsnes? Quite a summer for the place, if so.
    Perhaps this Norway location work is part of an extended chase sequence that happens over the course of the film, rather than one big-ticket action scene. The family's on the run from someone (Malek's forces?) and Bond may or may not be involved -- but we basically see them off the grid, on the run across Norway's landscape.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Just taking the Aston out for a quick spin Q.
    TLD Aston Martin is back,!!!
    The wait for Bond 25 has been worth it all along. (Dear Mr Fukunaga, please don't bugger the car action up with this Aston Martin like Mendes did, Thank you)