No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    007Blofeld wrote: »

They're filming a movie that includes bang bang, boom booms.
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    I see Cary has worked with Dario Marianelli before- he might be an interesting choice as a Bond composer. I feel David Arnold has had his shot and I'm all for someone giving it to someone new (Bond needs his cool spy groove back).
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    After the explosion the media is really ripping this film they are making it sound like a disaster unfortunately they are quoting the sun.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Univex wrote: »
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    This is likely just a good bit of press for Good Omens, but man oh man, how wonderful would it be if Variety is hinting in the direction of something here.

Past this point, no single thing would hypothetically get me more excited for Bond 25 than David returning to score.

This is likely it. The Good Omens soundtrack is getting rave reviews ahead of its release. Bond was bound to come up when talking about it.

Yes, it's a good soundtrack. Noticed that before I knew who the composer was. Always a good sign.

Same! As I watched the series I couldn't help but thinking "the score is so good" and then I saw it was David Arnold's and I was like "well, that makes sense!"
    Happy for Arnold to come back. Safe pair of hands. But suspect Cary will go for someone else.
    We shall see personally I am hoping Arnold comes back
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 1,661
    007Blofeld wrote: »

They're filming a movie that includes bang bang, boom booms.

Sounds like there's going to be a big action scene - some *real explosions*, not all that CGI fake explosions we see in so many films these days! Roger Moore and Britt Ekland risked life and limb in The Man With The Golden Gun when the island base blew up! This Bond lark is dangerous! :-O
    Getafix wrote: »
    Happy for Arnold to come back. Safe pair of hands. But suspect Cary will go for someone else.

Yeah, I'm afraid you're right. I think Arnold would have been the best choice to bookend Craig's tenure, and then they could go for someone new for Bond #7 (though I'd love for Arnold to do every other Bond score).
    Sincerely hope the crew member who was injured is ok and recovers quickly!
    Since the filming of BOND 25 began on April 28 in Jamaica we have heard about injuries, accidents and incidents, so I think it's time for EON Productions to post an official good news for everyone...the title of BOND 25.

What do you think??
    I think they should make a bloody good film. All the rest is of no importance.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I think they should make a bloody good film. All the rest is of no importance.

amen
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    As others have mentioned, at this point the title will most likely not be revealed until the first teaser trailer/teaser poster. I'd settle for an official photo of Bond or one of the main characters at this point, however.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    As others have mentioned, at this point the title will most likely not be revealed until the first teaser trailer/teaser poster. I'd settle for an official photo of Bond or one of the main characters at this point, however.

Skyfall unveiled the first picture on 1 February 2012 and filming commenced on 7 November 2011:
    sf_001_500a.jpg

Spectre unveiled the first picture on 12 February 2015 and filming commenced on 8 December 2014:
    spectre_01_550.jpg

So it's usually around 2/3 months into the production that they are comfortable to release a photo.

I guess mid to late July is a safe bet to see the first photo. Though most speculation is that the trailer will go with Hobbs and Shaw in early August.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 12,243
    If we get the trailer in August, I think it will be extremely brief. Maybe more of a title reveal than anything else with some music and a couple small scenes.
    There have been so many early Bond 25 paparazzi photos that the first official release will probably disappoint if it feels like a cleaned-up version of something that's already been seen.

I remember part of what made that Skyfall photo so great and intriguing was that we had absolutely no idea what it -- or where Bond -- was.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

We may be getting Greg Williams actor photos soon, according to Ana de Armas on IG.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    FoxRox wrote: »
    If we get the trailer in August, I think it will be extremely brief. Maybe more of a title reveal than anything else with some music and a couple small scenes.

Sixty seconds of narration (maybe from Felix, seeing as he's the one who seemingly convinces Bond to return), random pretty images from Jamaica and Norway, with a muted rendition of the Bond theme leading in to a quick flash of an explosion or gunfire followed by the fanfare and title.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 3,160
    (...)
    Speculation on the run time? I know that's getting ahead of ourselves but I'm curious. I'm not even sure what I want out of this, as part of me thinks it would be great to get another "long" Bond film to finish out Craig's run (if it is his last), as the two previous ones have been the longest in the franchise's history if I'm not mistaken; but another part of me thinks that's too long. They need to get back to a leaner version of the character, somewhere around 2:10 instead of over 2:30.

Thoughts?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Speculation on the run time? I know that's getting ahead of ourselves but I'm curious. I'm not even sure what I want out of this, as part of me thinks it would be great to get another "long" Bond film to finish out Craig's run (if it is his last), as the two previous ones have been the longest in the franchise's history if I'm not mistaken; but another part of me thinks that's too long. They need to get back to a leaner version of the character, somewhere around 2:10 instead of over 2:30.

Thoughts?

A little over two hours is fine.
    Definitely don't want a film much more than 2:10 - 2:15. I prefer it when the story can be told in a couple of hours, give or take a few minutes.
    The_Reaper wrote: »

Thoughts?

Probably one of the reasons I don't pop in the Craig films nearly as much are the running times. I thought SP could have been trimmed by at least 10 minutes. Same with SF and CR. I much prefer the films to clock in around the 130 minute mark if not a bit less. As odd as this may sound, I miss the days when OHMSS had the distinction of being the longest Bond film.
    If this is Craig’s finale film expect at least a two hour twenty minute runtime
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    With a new Bond film released every 3-4 years nowadays, I'd happily take a 3h epic as long as the pacing is right. I mean audiences in the 60s got nearly 2 hours of new Bond material every year, but with Craig we're averaging at ~40 minutes. And who doesn't want to have more to dissect after every film is released?
    With a new Bond film released every 3-4 years nowadays, I'd happily take a 3h epic as long as the pacing is right. I mean audiences in the 60s got nearly 2 hours of new Bond material every year, but with Craig we're averaging at ~40 minutes. And who doesn't want to have more to dissect after every film is released?

+1
    I want a two-hour film that I like so much that I will watch it 30 times over the next four years.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

To keep it fair, a Bond film these days should be nine hours long.