No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited May 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Phoebe Waller-Bridge: James Bond Is “Absolutely Relevant Now” But The Film “Has To Treat Women Properly”
    https://deadline.com/2019/05/phoebe-waller-bridge-bond-1202624860/
    rexfeatures_9446173vx.jpg?crop=0px%2C0px%2C3444px%2C1931px&resize=681%2C383

Excellent new interview with PWB.

Her comments are great. Firstly, the key point is that Bond is a character from the 1950s and some of his opinions are dated. It doesn't mean he wakes up in 2019 and is suddenly "woke". You need characters to challenge him and provoke his worldview.

It's what the reinvention of the M character did in GE and what Vesper did in CR. He's a morally dubious character, but that doesn't meant the film around him has to be morally dubious.

She seems to be the one Eon think can really spice up the script. Interesting to note that she is writing for Craig as well and not just the female characters.....
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited May 2019 Posts: 5,971
    This is the most promising part of her interview!

"she said. “So, I was really excited about writing dialogue for him. I mean, the script was there. It’s already there. I think it’s unfair to say that I’m writing the script.”
    Phoebe Waller-Bridge: James Bond Is “Absolutely Relevant Now” But The Film “Has To Treat Women Properly”
    https://deadline.com/2019/05/phoebe-waller-bridge-bond-1202624860/
    rexfeatures_9446173vx.jpg?crop=0px%2C0px%2C3444px%2C1931px&resize=681%2C383

Excellent new interview with PWB.

Her comments are great. Firstly, the key point is that Bond is a character from the 1950s and some of his opinions are dated. It doesn't mean he wakes up in 2019 and is suddenly "woke". You need characters to challenge him and provoke his worldview.

It's what the reinvention of the M character did in GE and what Vesper did in CR. He's a morally dubious character, but that doesn't meant the film around him has to be morally dubious.

She seems to be the one Eon think can really spice up the script. Interesting to note that she is writing for Craig as well and not just the female characters.....
    Quite a bunch of calculated bs she offers there.

God bless PWB!!! What a fantastic interview and sticking it to the PC brigade!!! You are welcome back to this franchise always!!!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    God bless PWB!!! What a fantastic interview and sticking it to the PC brigade!!! You are welcome back to this franchise always!!!
    Indeed. And very much so. P&W out, Phoebe in, I say ;)
    P&W are the worst thing that happened to Bond
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Getafix wrote: »

Come now. Worse than McClory?
  • duke_togoduke_togo france

so true... they should hire PWB or Steven Moffat for Bond 26 !
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    duke_togo wrote: »

I'd take P&W over Moffat any day.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Walecs wrote: »

I'd take P&W over Moffat any day.
    I wouldn’t.
    Moffat is a good plotsmith. But he can't do character or sexuality so no to him doing bond
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    As long as what I'm hearing stays true I think we can rest easily I Don't Know.
    I think for Bond 26 and a new Bond actor? We need fresh new writers to move it on to the next set of 007 adventures?!!!
    I think for Bond 26 and a new Bond actor? We need fresh new writers to move it on to the next set of 007 adventures?!!!

Yeah some good steady reliable hands who get Bond.
    007Blofeld wrote: »

If PWB contribution is a very noticeable one? I would have no objection if she fancied writing the next one?
    JJPMurphy wrote: »
    Moffat is a good plotsmith. But he can't do character or sexuality so no to him doing bond
    "(...°he can't do character or sexuality" really ? well i guess you didn't see his phenomenal take on irene adler in "sherlock", he would write a formidable bond movie for sure...

• edited June 2019 Posts: 6,677
    JJPMurphy wrote: »
    "(...°he can't do character or sexuality" really ? well i guess you didn't see his phenomenal take on irene adler in "sherlock", he would write a formidable bond movie for sure...
    Yes, I quite agree with you. Even Lara Pulver would be perfect as a femme fatale in a Bond film. Although this is the wrong thread for this. Shall we move this to Bond 26 and beyond? Is there such a thread?

If PWB contribution is a very noticeable one? I would have no objection if she fancied writing the next one?

The more she talks about it, the more I want her contribution to be a very noticeable one.
    Can anyone enlighten me why PeterWilliamBlatty all of a sudden seems to be the flavor of the month? The first Thing she Always reminds me of is Seth MacFarlane.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Can anyone enlighten me why PeterWilliamBlatty all of a sudden seems to be the flavor of the month? The first Thing she Always reminds me of is Seth MacFarlane.

Read any of the articles/interviews posted in this thread.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    She's been around a lot longer than people realise.
    boldfinger wrote: »

Read any of the articles/interviews posted in this thread.
    @NickTwentyTwo, I did that before I asked my Question.

could be cool if there was a reference to DC ankle injury in the movie like in "spider-man 2" with the "i'm back! my back!" scene which is a wink to Tobey Maguire who suffered of a back injury before the shooting...

Yeah
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Green production: How to be sustainable on set
    https://ibc.org/production/green-production-how-to-be-sustainable-on-set/3883.article

High-profile productions such as Bond 25 are employing sustainability managers to ensure green measures are taken from the ground up.
    Well, it finally happened. The PC, SJW crowd has its femi-nazi talons in our beloved franchise and it's all over. It's too bad. They ruined Star Wars, Star Trek, Dr. Who, and almost got the MCU taken down, and now it's Bond's turn. You can't be a straight white male, can't be masculine, can't be or do anything in opposition to their liberal agenda. Oh well. I can still enjoy the first 24 films in this series for as long as I wish.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Well, it finally happened. The PC, SJW crowd has its femi-nazi talons in our beloved franchise and it's all over. It's too bad. They ruined Star Wars, Star Trek, Dr. Who, and almost got the MCU taken down, and now it's Bond's turn. You can't be a straight white male, can't be masculine, can't be or do anything in opposition to their liberal agenda. Oh well. I can still enjoy the first 24 films in this series for as long as I wish.

I know how you feel but I would suggest to wait for the film to release and then make any opinion about how you feel.

I know how you feel but I would suggest to wait for the film to release and then make any opinion about how you feel.

Agreed but the, uh, writing's on the wall. Hmm, maybe it's time for another watch of SP! :D
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

A slight overreaction?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Agreed but the, uh, writing's on the wall. Hmm, maybe it's time for another watch of SP! :D

I watched it last week with my friends on tv, enjoyed it lot more than before :D