Game of Thrones (2011 - 19)

191011121315»

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    bondsum wrote: »
    Again, I can understand why fans of the show are disappointed, even underwhelmed.
    John Snow's arc was always destined to be a Negative Change Arc, whereby he ends in a worse place than that in which he started. If you wanted a happy ending, you were watching the wrong show.
    I've said it before, but it'll be interesting to see which direction George R. R. Martin's The Winds of Winter will take. Alas, too late for this television adaption, but it'll get remade one day with a new cast and Martin's intended ending, that I'm sure.

Apparently George R.R. Martin has already written the next two books and the show isn't too far off what Martin intended. He said this in an interview somewhere, but there may be some minor differences, but for the major characters the show should align with what Martin wanted anyway.

The sixth book isn't even finished up yet. If the two were finished, I'm sure he would've released them already.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    It was what it was.

Not delighted but quite satisfied.

Game of Thrones started like the Godfather and ended like LOTR.

The Wire and Sopranos has nothing to fear when it comes to HBO's finest output.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Again, I can understand why fans of the show are disappointed, even underwhelmed.
    John Snow's arc was always destined to be a Negative Change Arc, whereby he ends in a worse place than that in which he started. If you wanted a happy ending, you were watching the wrong show.
    I've said it before, but it'll be interesting to see which direction George R. R. Martin's The Winds of Winter will take. Alas, too late for this television adaption, but it'll get remade one day with a new cast and Martin's intended ending, that I'm sure.

Apparently George R.R. Martin has already written the next two books and the show isn't too far off what Martin intended. He said this in an interview somewhere, but there may be some minor differences, but for the major characters the show should align with what Martin wanted anyway.

The sixth book isn't even finished up yet. If the two were finished, I'm sure he would've released them already.
    As far as I'm aware, HBO and Martin made a deal for Martin not to release the next book as a way to avoid any spoilers for the show.

As far as I'm aware, HBO and Martin made a deal for Martin not to release the next book as a way to avoid any spoilers for the show.

That was nothing more than a rumor that GRRM already cleared up. Would be great if it was all a lie and it's coming soon, but I don't think so.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Yes that is true I read somewhere he already gave producers the outline how he wanted there story to end. The conclusion. Apart from that I am sure there will be a lot of changes.
    HBO President Casey Bloys has confirmed that Game of Thrones sequels are off the table:

http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-sequels-not-happening/
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    HBO President Casey Bloys has confirmed that Game of Thrones sequels are off the table:

http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-sequels-not-happening/

Good let it end
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Jon Snow Knows... two sentences in season 8
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 3,333

Yes that is true I read somewhere he already gave producers the outline how he wanted there story to end. The conclusion. Apart from that I am sure there will be a lot of changes.
    Martin might not have stuck to his original outline. We know that he was dissatisfied with his first treatment and went back to the drawing board. I'm willing to bet that he's had a reappraisal and made quite a few significant changes. Besides, as you rightly pointed out @Resurrection, why would he want to deliver something exactly the same as the TV show?

Martin might not have stuck to his original outline. We know that he was dissatisfied with his first treatment and went back to the drawing board. I'm willing to bet that he's had a reappraisal and made quite a few significant changes. Besides, as your rightly pointed out @Resurrection, why would he want to deliver something exactly the same as the TV show?

Because he might not be able finish the remaining books.
    I was under the impression that The Winds of Winter "was" the final book. I'm not sure where a second climatic book comes in?
    edited May 2019 Posts: 2,541
    I was under the impression that The Winds of Winter "was" the final book. I'm not sure where a second climatic book comes in?

Here it is, there isn't any details about the seventh or any other books sixth isn't the last one.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2019/5/20/18631417/game-of-thrones-winds-of-winter-martin-release-date

Another thing about the ending which he said:
    “I don’t think Dan and Dave’s ending is gonna be that different from my ending,” Martin told 60 Minutes last month. He explained that, years ago, he walked the pair through his plan for how the books will end. (However, Benioff and Weiss have made changes to Martin’s source material, so some of what we’ve seen may not be book spoilers at all.)
    edited May 2019 Posts: 23,105
    George would have given D&D key plot points though with very little information of how to get from one plot point to another. Unfortunately D&D's writing in the end was crap

I think the writers missed a trick...
    The Final shot should have been Bran getting out of his wheel chair and walking... giphy.gif
    George would have given D&D key plot points though with very little information of how to get from one plot point to another. Unfortunately D&D's writing in the end was crap

The Final shot should have been Bran getting out of his wheel chair and walking... giphy.gif

D&Dmust have forgot that it's the journey that makes it exciting not the destination. I read an funny comment the other day about Script:
    "Dragon went east "
    " Arya went west"
    " Jon went North "
    "Writing for this season went South"

D&Dmust have forgot that it's the journey that makes it exciting not the destination. I read an funny comment the other day about Script:
    "Dragon went east "
    " Arya went west"
    " Jon went North "
    "Writing for this season went South"

That is funny... So ultimately Game of Thrones was about creating a compass.

• WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Disappointed in the finale. John Snow was wasted this whole season.

giphy.gif
    After watching the finale its safe to say Breaking Bad is the greatest TV series of all time. GOT such a great series with a rushed ending. If the writers didn't rush the series this is how IMO it should of gone.

Seeing why GRRM thought the show easily could have gone on for more seasons (I genuinely fear for the writing of the show in that time)

Season 7 - 10 episodes, smooth out the reasons to go north of the wall with Dragons other than the stupid for Cersei option, season ends the same with the wall coming down.

Season 8 - 10 episodes, episode 9 is the battle of Winterfell and the season ends with the joy of defeating the Night King but the growing tensions in the Northern Alliance.

Season 9 - 10 episdoes, this is the season where it's more tactical back and forth, Dany takes losses and slower build to going full mad.

Season 10 - 10 episodes, early season you get the absolute rampage of Kings Landing (2nd or 3rd episode) then you get the aftermath and suitable time for politics and closures.

It's a shame there wasn't the desire or budget to take the show to 100 episodes 10 seasons of 10.
    Breaking Bad was fantastic, but it still doesn't trump Deadwood and The Sopranos for me. My estimation of Game of Thrones has plummeted with the past season or so.
    Just watched the documentary - The last watch. It did get excited for few moments but I was yawning most of the time.
    The Game of Thrones prequel starring Naomi Watts will not be moving forward at HBO:

https://deadline.com/2019/10/game-of-thrones-prequel-pilot-dead-hbo-jane-goldman-naomi-watts-1202771609/
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    ‘Game of Thrones’ Prequel Series ‘House of the Dragon’ Ordered at HBO

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/game-of-thrones-prequel-house-of-the-dragon-hbo-1203387420/

House-of-the-Dragon-Game-of-Thrones-Prequel-Poster-game-of-thrones-43071480-1382-2047.jpg
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I'm all in!
    Awesome
    If D&D aren't involved whatsoever, I'll check it out.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    If D&D aren't involved whatsoever, I'll check it out.

They are not. The show runners are Martin himself and Ryan Condal. The series is based on Martin's book "Fire and Blood" and the good news is that Miguel Sapochnick will direct the pilot and several episodes as well. Basically they are telling the story of how the Targaryens conquered Westeros.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The Game of Thrones spinoff House of the Dragon coming in 2022.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/hbo-watchmen-season-2-game-of-thrones-prequels-hbo-max-1203468569/
    So was I, Peter.