"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• edited April 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Double shit !!!!!!!!!
    That’s that then ,Europa League it is then.
    Bye bye, top four chances…

6th place if we are lucky now.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,341
    barryt007 wrote: »

6th place if we are lucky now.

I will be surprised by anything else than 6th. The away form is the main factor. :(
    Hahaha 0-3 x brilliant, so pathetic as usual.
    Same old shit Torg.
    Same old shit Torg.

We shouldn't be surprised, it's the same story every year.

Rumours has it the transfer budget will be low this time around too, so I can't see how Arsenal will keep up with the other top 6 sides. Emery is doing an impossible job really.
    Same old shit Torg.

Rumours has it the transfer budget will be low this time around too, so I can't see how Arsenal will keep up with the other top 6 sides. Emery is doing an impossible job really.

He deserves better than Arsenal tbh.
    Same old shit Torg.

In a way I kinda feel sorry for him. It's a club where all you get is empty promises from the owners, and nothing ever happens.
    Same old shit Torg.

Same old shit Torg.

In a way I kinda feel sorry for him. It's a club where all you get is empty promises from the owners, yet nothing ever happens.

I sometimes wonder why I bother too x highest ticket prices and no investment in the team , why bother ?
    I stopped going when they left Highbury.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2019 Posts: 23,531
    United actually have turned up though I feel City will still win this, with Arsenal losing if that stays the same United v Chelsea will be massive. No one seems to want top four out of United, Arsenal and Chelsea
    Same old shit Torg.

In a way I kinda feel sorry for him. It's a club where all you get is empty promises from the owners, yet nothing ever happens.

I sometimes wonder why I bother too x highest ticket prices and no investment in the team , why bother ?
    I stopped going when they left Highbury.

Would like to take the trip over to London and the Emirates, but I don't know if I'll bother before changes are made at the club. If and when that happens…who knows!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    City 1 up it was coming
    At least City are doing us a favour.
    Scum will get 3rd now , just Chelski to worry about but we are all on equal games after tonight .
    At least City are doing us a favour.
    Scum will get 3rd now , just Chelski to worry about but we are all on equal games after tonight .

No way we were getting close to Sp*rs anyway. They have West Ham (H), Bournemouth (A) and Everton (H). Can't ask for a better run-in. Also, United have Huddersfield (A) and Cardiff (H) after Chelsea, which is six points in the bag.

Edit: 3-1. At least try to reduce the goal difference, guys!
    Sane gets second game over, oh well sorry Liverpool
    Marvellous evening isn’t it ?
    .....Not.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 23,531
    United screwed up weeks ago, I am not surprised by how poor we have been. Tonight we have put effort in though effort wins nothing, we lack quality the goals have totally dried up in recent weeks, and our defense is like a bucket made from kitchen roll.
    Oh well that’s that then.
    Finito.......literally.
    Oh well that’s that then.

There's always next season!*

*in which we will most likely be experiencing the same again…
    Sanchez and Martial coming on for United, expect zero effort
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    EPL title was decided when Liverpool crapped the bed against Leicester and West Ham.
    TripAces wrote: »
    EPL title was decided when Liverpool crapped the bed against Leicester and West Ham.

My lot will be crapping the bed vs Leicester on Sunday away and it’s live on TV.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    At the moment it's City's to lose. But football is a funny old game.

Not over yet.
    @Torgeirtrap how in the name of football does bloody Pogba qualify and Hazard or Salah not ?!
    @Torgeirtrap how in the name of football does bloody Pogba qualify and Hazard or Salah not ?!

Who knows! Hazard has been so important for Chelsea this season, and Salah likewise for Liverpool.

I also find the stat re. Arsenal with and without Alexis interesting. No doubt they made the right decision selling given the circumstances, but he has never truly been replaced.
    You can have Sanchez back [-O<

God knows how Pogba made that eleven