Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 1,639
    2 from Batman '66 :

Lisa Seagram (she played Lilacs moll)
    Seymour Cassel (henchman of Col Gumm in Green Hornet cross over)

(my uncle actually passed on April 1st few yrs ago....of course some people thought it was a morbid joke at first)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Tracy wrote: »
    (my uncle actually passed on April 1st few yrs ago....of course some people thought it was a morbid joke at first)

I would never assume someone to announce the death of a relative as a joke. I'm sorry you had to go through that, @Tracy !
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited April 2019 Posts: 2,630

David Picker, former President & CEO of United Artists who helped bring James Bond into our screens, has sadly died.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/david-picker-dead-dies-studio-chief-james-bond-beatle-1203194243/

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    David Picker, former President & CEO of United Artists who helped bring James Bond into our screens, has sadly died.
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/david-picker-dead-dies-studio-chief-james-bond-beatle-1203194243/

That is sad news. I believe the likes of David Picker to be up there with Saltzman and Broccoli in putting James Bond on screen. Without Picker's backing Bond may not have been the phenomenon or success he is. Obviously Bond would've had a film at some point, but would it have been as successful? Impossible to tell.
    The likes of David Picker helped pave the way for the Bond series we know and love.
    RIP Mr. Picker, you made a great decision.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

I would never assume someone to announce the death of a relative as a joke. I'm sorry you had to go through that, @Tracy !

Actually it was a misunderstanding , it was a woman (not sure if shes in my Family) who thought it was a joke since it happened on April 1st , a boy relative of mine told her that it was for real......

Remember when Andy Kaufman died , some actually thought it was a prank by Andy

French rocker Dick Rivers (real name Hervé Forneri) passed away tonight aged 74 after a long battle with cancer. He will be missed.

https://amarketnews.com/2019/04/24/dick-rivers-death-french-rock-singer-dies-of-cancer/

• Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    Early reports that Ken Kercheval has died; most famous for Cliff Barnes in Dallas for so many years.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 5,800
    Confirmed by the Hollywood Reporter:

https://hollywoodreporter.com/news/ken-kercheval-dead-jr-archrival-cliff-barnes-dallas-was-83-1163963

And just to top this bad day, I've learned yesterday f the demise of French actor Jen-Pierre Marielle, aged 87 :

https://actu.orange.fr/france/l-acteur-jean-pierre-marielle-est-decede-magic-CNT000001fb0iL.html
    RIP Charity "Sunshine" Tillemann-Dick. Opera singer who died of pulmonary hypertension.
    Sadly i feared already last yr something was up as he no showed Dallas 40 event at SF ranch , RIP Ken K.......imo one of the best things about the show , his fight to get what was rightfully Barnes' from the Ewings

He also played bad guy on Kojak
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2019 Posts: 15,690
    John Singleton, the director of Boyz n the Hood (1991), Shaft (2000) and 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003) has passed away, age 51. He was the youngest nominated person for the Academy Award for Best Director at the age of 24.
    Just bought the Blu ray of Boyz n the Hood a few months ago and watched it again he other day. Damn.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ninawmakeup/status/1048168919771623424

Yuri Borienko died in '99 so why hasnt wikipedia been updated ??
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 8,673
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ninawmakeup/status/1048168919771623424

Yuri Borienko died in '99 so why hasnt wikipedia been updated ??

Because nobody knew that he had died until his daughter put it on Twitter? And because no one knows the exact date? If I had that information, I'd go ahead and update the IMDb entry...but I don't. I don't find a Wikipedia article on him.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2019 Posts: 40,449
    John Singleton, the director of Boyz n the Hood (1991), Shaft (2000) and 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003) has passed away, age 51. He was the youngest nominated person for the Academy Award for Best Director at the age of 24.

He's still alive, but it's definitely not looking good at all for him. Terrible to hear.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Damn, that's so sad. I figured it was coming soon, the report I saw this morning sounded dire and not remotely hopeful.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 1,639
    https://www.genickbruch.com/index.php?befehl=bios&wrestler=12027

February '99 to be precise.....

Also 20 yrs ago :Rick Rude RIP , he was quite a character....unlike many other wrestlers he never cheated on his wife
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Sounds real...except that with a real name of Jan Boleslaw Kadlubowski I would very much expect him to be Polish and just faking being a Russian. Let me put it like this: If this were a case of a supposed ancestor of mine, I'd probably decide to include this information in my family tree on ancestry.com or myheritage.com. But for distributing it on IMDb.com, it still appears to lack adequate evidence. Who says that the actor is/was also a wrestler? Any further sources?
    Martin Böttcher German movie composer has died on the 19th of April 2019, he his perhaps best known for his Winnetou melodies.

This just in : french actress Anémone, who was very popular in the 80s and 90s, passed away today, aged 68 :

https://jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-393227-urgent-l-actrice-anemone-membre-de-l-equipe-du-spendid-est-decedee-des-suites-d-une-longue-maladie-a-l-age-de-68-ans.html//

Damn, I liked her !
    My dad’s dad sadly passed away earlier this evening. He’d had Alzheimer’s for several years. Horrible illness, but he at least isn’t suffering anymore.

Alan Bain (1928-2019)
    My sincere condolences on he loss of your granddad. and much strength in this difficult period for your family.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    My dad’s dad sadly passed away earlier this evening. He’d had Alzheimer’s for several years. Horrible illness, but he at least isn’t suffering anymore.

Alan Bain (1928-2019)

My condolences to you and your family
    My sympathy, @BAIN123. I never knew either of my grandfathers and only one grandmother (who died of a stroke and was quite alert until then), but both my parents suffered from dementia (not necessarily due to Alzheimers, but that doesn't really make any difference) during the final days of their lives, which were spent in nursing homes. One never knows whether the afflicted themselves are aware of their burden, but family members doubtless are. When it was over (regarding my father, in 1996 aged 80, my mother - 2007, at the age of 91), all of us felt the same as you. It's more the end of suffering than anything else. Which I hope provides...a quantum of solace for a Bond fan.
    @BAIN123, terribly sorry to hear that. It's good to take solace in the fact that he's no longer suffering with it anymore.

This is one of the few threads I wish to never see bumped or updated.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Very sorry for your loss @BAIN123 , thoughts to you and your family.
    I'm really sorry to hear that @BAIN123 old buddy.
    Keep your chin up and be strong.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    BAIN123 wrote: »

Alan Bain (1928-2019)
    That's terrible news, Bain. Please accept my deepest and sincerest condolences. Drop me a PM if you want to talk. We're here for you, man.